Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating Septology

Predicating Septology Septology Predictions on the 'running' events and happenings of the whole series.

View Poll Results: Ron to die by end of Septology
Yes 5 41.67%
No 7 58.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17-01-2005, 12:19   #1
Tonks
Unspeakable

Unhappy Ron to die

Prediction: Ron will die by the end of the Septology
It is my belief and prediction that Ron will somehow be dead by the end of book 7.

Evidence or Support
More people are going to die in the next two Potter books; I think that Ron would be a good candidate because this will further lead Harry to need to seek revenge against Voldemort.

During the Christmas dinner during PoA, there were 13 at the table. Trelawney stated that when 13 dine together, the first to rise will be the first to die; Harry and Ron get up at the same time. (We saw during the summer at the beginning of OotP, at one point there were 13 eating dinner at Grimmauld Place. Sirius was the first to leave the table.)

Ron has an uncanny way of correctly predicting events. "And from now on, I don't care if my tea leaves spell die, Ron, die -- I'm just chucking them in the bin where they belong." I think that this emphasis on 'die, Ron, die' is too much to be overlooked.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 14:08   #2
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Ron to die

Agreed
I think there is string evidence to support this and I have to go with a full yes

Reasoning
I think it would be easier to kill Ron off than Hermione - I'm not sure I just think it would be.
It would effect Harry and Hermione in so many diverse ways that it would make for a really powerful part to the books and take the emotions to a high level.
Harry would loose a best friend - someone else he was really close to and that will be devastating.
Hermione will loose someone she like on both levels - as a friend and also emotionally.
The effect of Ron dying on both characters is that makes him the strongest possibility.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 14:43   #3
Sirius-fan-forever
TFH Graduate

Nooooooooooooooo!!!

I know there are signs...but I am refusing to believe. I guess you can say I'm in denial. But I am hoping against all hopes that he doesn't
Sirius-fan-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 15:56   #4
Nagini
Time Turners

Voted

No.

Reasoning
Although I have doubts about my answer because of Ron's closeness to Harry and the fact that trouble seems to happen to them both and that puts them both in danger. I am a big believer of happy endings and I hope that JKR will give Harry a happy ending where he will joing Ron and his family at the Burrow or Ron and Harry will become flatmates after leaving Hogwarts.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:12   #5
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Voted:

No, definitely not!

Reasoning

Ron is a major character and despite the fact that many adults now read Harry Potter, the septology is still basically a children's series of books and I do not think that JKR would be as wicked as to get kids involved in becoming emotionally involved in characters such as Harry, Ron and Hermione, only to try and bump one or all of them off at the end of the series! I know she has said that she is only going to write seven books and there won't be any more, but this does not necessarily mean that she has to kill off the characters at the end!!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 21:07   #6
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

Voted:

Yes

Reasoning

I think that there is a lot of foreshadowing that Ron will die, such as the chess scene. I also think that from what JKR has said about what is to come for Harry, that he will have more people really close to him bite the dust, and I think Ron would make a good character to die in order to further the plot. Harry thinks of Ron almost like a brother, and if he were killed, it would drive Harry further to kill Voldemort. Also, it could cause tension and possibly a divide between him and the Weasleys, so it could also drive the plot.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:36   #7
Boing
Pops in randomly

Okay, I voted Yes.

I think either Ron or Harry will die and more likely Ron. JKR has said that she is writing children's book so she "must be a ruthless killer." Ron is in such a position to be friends with Hermione and Harry and has shown that he is willing to sacrifice himself for his friends/for the greater good. I think he will make a sacrifice for Harry and Hermione again and it won't turn out like it did in PS/SS where he just gets knocked out - he will be gone.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 16:55   #8
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Voted:

NO

Reason:

I think Tink is correct. JKR would not kill of one of the trio in front of her innocent audience of children - that would be too harsh. Sirius was one thing, but he wasn't a child. She already killed off Cedric, which I think was mainly to prove a point that Volemort was ruthless enough to do something like that to a young person, but I don't think she'll do in one of the main characters.

I don't want to contradict myself as I know saying this will, but my mind goes back to the incident in Grimmauld Place when Mrs. Weasley faced the boggart and Ron's dead body was on the floor. Nuff said!

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2005, 16:48   #9
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Voted: NO!!!!!

Reason:
I think JKR said one of her interviews that she had to kill somebody in the books, and since she is getting so much fan letters askign her not to "kill" Ron, since he's Harry's best mate and Harry went through so much already--that she probably wouldn't.
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2005, 09:51   #10
Boing
Pops in randomly

She has said that the plot of her books and what is going to happen hasn't changed since the beginning. She said there are minor detours here and there, but that the main plot and what happens is still exactly the same. So I think if she knew in the beginning that Ron would die, she is still going to do it.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote