Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating Septology

Predicating Septology Septology Predictions on the 'running' events and happenings of the whole series.

View Poll Results: What will Hermione's career be?
Auror 1 9.09%
Magical Researcher 2 18.18%
Healer 1 9.09%
Writer for Daily Prophet 1 9.09%
Minister of Magic 2 18.18%
Hogwarts Professor 6 54.55%
Hogwarts Headmaster 2 18.18%
Magical Denist 0 0%
Potionmaker 0 0%
Hogwarts Librarian 1 9.09%
Other 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2005, 11:42   #1
Hermione
Auror

Hermione's future career

I have been speculating as to what Hermione will do after she leaves Hogwarts. She is the most brillant witch in her year, and the possibilities are endless, should she live to the end of the series.

I think magical researcher, as she spends lots of time pouring over books. She would enjoy this a lot. I also think it would be cool if she was a female version of Dumbledore.
Old 02-03-2005, 14:19   #2
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Re: Hermione's future career

Voted:

Magical Researcher

Reasoning:

I like the idea of Hermione being a magical researcher - it fits nicely with her thirst for knowledge, and gives an impression that she could actually be able to go out "into the field" and do some work, rather than just being a librarian!

I don't see her being an Auror or any of the others tho.

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 18:01   #3
Tonks
Unspeakable

Voted:

Auror or Hogwarts Professor

Reasoning:

I think that Hermione has good instincts and would make a good Auror. With all the things she has done with Harry and Ron, I think she would be able to fight the Dark Arts and make it. However, obviously this depends on whether or not Voldemort meets his downfall by the time she leaves school.

I also think she'd make a good Professor at Hogwarts. As we see, she does ridiculously good in all of her subjects and I think she's could definitely be cut out for the academic life. ... or of course, to some sort of Magical Research.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 19:39   #4
Sirius-fan-forever
TFH Graduate

Voted:

Hogwarts professor

Reasoning:

I voted Hogwarts professor because there was no option labelled 'other'.
I think despite the fact that she's so smart, she might use her brains for activism stuff rather than academic. We already saw that she was interested in spew and muggle studies. I can see her doing something like bridging gaps between wizards and other people. But being a Hogwarts prof is definitely something she's capable of handling...or anything else on the list as a matter of fact
Sirius-fan-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 20:50   #5
Boing
Pops in randomly

Voted:

Writer for the Daily Prophet

Reason:

Oh, the irony of it all. I actually think she would make an interesting reporter and would then be able to spread her views on House Elves and other things through a legitimized source.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 00:36   #6
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

Voted:

Other

Reason:

I voted other because I am not entirely sure that any of those careers are right for her. I think that if she were to go into goverment, she wouldn't be Minister of Magic, but more in a position to write up laws and deal with only one department where she might be able to make a change. I don't think she'll end up as a Hogwarts professor, it seems too obvious, and I think she kinda blew off being an auror in OotP.

Just so everyone knows, there now an "Other" option in the poll.
Old 04-03-2005, 22:06   #7
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Voted:

MoM, Professor and future Headmistress

Reason:

Well Hermione is very sensible - she is acamecially advanced, she is adapt at spells and well - overall I think she would make a great teacher because of how she helps Ron and Harry out.
I think there is a potential for her to make it to the big MoM as well at some point
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 13:57   #8
Nagini
Time Turners

Voted

Other.

Reasoning

Hermione said she wanted to do something like taking S.P.E.W further. I think she will gain employment on a set career path that will gain her admission to places such as the Wizengamot etc. Where Hermione will be in a place to pass laws and oppose them. I don't think she is cut out to be a politician but I do think she will do something at the Minstry.
Old 11-04-2005, 14:28   #9
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Voted:

Hogwarts Professor

Reason:

Hermione is very intelligent and dedicated to her studies. She seems to be a good teacher in all the times she's helped Ron and Harry out of their homework dilemmas. She is very good at transfiguration, and I have the sad feeling that Dumbledore will die in books seven, making Professor McGonagall headmistress, and leaving the transfiguration teaching position open. McGonagall has taken Hermione under her wing over the years, allowing her to use the Time Turner in her third year, and crediting her for Harry's realizations as exampled in OotP when McGonagall asked Harry if he'd listened to Umbridge's speech at the start of term feast. Harry explained he had, and McGonagall said she was glad he had listened to Hermione. I believe JKR indicated that one of the three might end up being a Hogwarts teacher, and she has already said that she didn't think Harry would be very good at an academic career, so that only leaves Ron and Hermione.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 00:50   #10
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

Voted:

Hogwart's Professor

Reasoning:

Hermione has the natural ability to teach others. She incourages her friends to do their own work, but offers them help when they need it - albiet a little too much help!
Although a insufferable know-it-all, she can grow to use her knowledge to benefit others. I think she would really enjoy being a Professor, as she would get to show off her knowledge to people who have no choice really but to listen to her!