Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Chamber of Secrets

Discussions on Chamber of Secrets "In my fifth year, The Chamber of Secrets was opened ..."

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 15-08-2007, 12:15   #1
Jimenem
Vampyre Elder

Location: Searching my soul for answers to questions that have yet to be asked.

What if . . .

I posed this question in another thread, but I think it fits here better. What exactly would have happened to Voldemort's original piece of soul left floating around vapor-like if Tom Riddles diary had accomplished what it intended to accomplish in coming into power 100%. Could there have potentially been TWO Voldemorts!?
Old 15-08-2007, 21:52   #2
cj633
TFH Graduate

Location: St. Louis, Missouri, USA but I love to travel by knight bus

Re: What if . . .

I think the more powerful and older Voldemort would have found some way to absorb the diary Voldemort/Riddle. The younger, though powerful would not have been a match for the older Voldemort, yet he probably had more of the soul than the older one. His horcrux was the first one split and I assume that the soul in Voldemort became smaller with each horcrux made.
Old 16-08-2007, 17:00   #3
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

Perhaps the vapourous Voldemort could have 'possessed' his own, younger body, and then the souls would re-unite in some way... If, then the two soul-fragments would live in the one frame, and share the control of the body, exerting an influence over the other self, or personality fragment.

There would be matters they agreed upon, but the older spirit would probably try to exert fuller control - however, as said, the diary's fragment would be more whole, more stable, and less (relatively) inured with evil, and possible thus stronger in some way.
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2007, 16:48   #4
Tonks
Unspeakable

I think he would have found someway around being separated, although we know he sure wouldn't have been able to reconnect the 2 Horcruxes since he is totally devoid of any remorse..

I think the diary Riddle would have gone searching for Voldemort and helped to return him to power, and then turned back into the bit of the Horcrux residing in the diary once he was no longer needed. We do know that the diary Riddle could grow stronger - I wonder if theres any way of reversing that..

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote