Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 28-03-2007, 17:46   #11
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Re: U.S. Book 7 Dustcover unveiled!!!!

Okay, so looking at the UK children's cover more closely, I wonder about the crystal ball with the image of the snake in it. We have long debated the scene in OotP, where Dumbledore views the two snakes made of green smoke in the catraption in his office. We know that Voldemort is described as 'snakelike' many times. But in the crystal ball there is only one form of a snake. Could it be that whatever it is that links Harry with Voldemort is broken before the end???? HM??

The front shows all the gold coins, cups and stuff. Maybe one of those cups is Hufflepuff's cup and maybe it is in the vault that Sirius left Harry. We saw into Harry's own vault and all that was in there were coins. But we know Sirius has a vault at Gringotts because he sent Crookshanks to get Harry's broom with a note to take the gold out of his vault. And he left Harry number 12. Why wouldn't he leave him the contents of his vault to fix the rat trap up? (There could be a reason why Dumbledore didn't mention that to Harry when he was at the Dursley's telling them that Harry had inherited number 12?????) Dumbledore would have known that the Dursley's would have wanted some of Harry's money. (Remember Uncle Vernon's reaction to the news that Harry had inherited real estate!!! Oh, the tangled web we weave!!)

As we all recall from the first book, Harry had quite a ride down through the bowels of Gringotts when he went with Hagrid to get his gold. Maybe the picture is only a metaphor for the journey to the vault. A wild ride, no doubt. (It made Hagrid hurl in the first book.)

(I wonder if the last word of the book is still SCAR?)

EDIT: I was looking a bit closer at the UK children's cover after I posted this. As SPF said, if you notice there is a battle helm at the bottom of the picture like those worn in the days of swords and spears. On top of the helm is the image of a griffin's head. It looks like a baby griffin because you can see a foot and a leg and it just looks like a baby. Okay, so I know I've said this about a million times, but I say that Harry is the baby griffin, (baby Gryffindor, that is!)
On the opposite side there is a breast plate with engraved scales and a snake on the front. (Slytherin.)

The final battle is between Slytherin and Gryffindor. (Voldemort and Harry!!!) And Dobby has Gryffindor's sword. Talk about poetic justice!

I just had to add that!!

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney

Last edited by Fortescue; 28-03-2007 at 18:19..
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 19:16   #12
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

YEA! At least someone else thinks it's Dobby with the sword! And, after looking again, I can see that the figures are indeed hooded . . . but I don't think death eaters . . . my guess is Dementors. (they wear hoods too!) I'm wondering if whoever looses this challenge or whatever you want to call it gets taken care of with a kiss? I hadn't noticed the full moon there . . . well, can't say that, I did notice it, but didn't think about the significance of it. great catch! So many possibilities! Whyyyyyyyyyyy do we have to wait so long?!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2007, 19:30   #13
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

My brain is just buzzing at the moment and thankfully most of you all have said what i want to say anyway. but also all the treasure, it has to be gringotts or possibly hogwarts , lets not forget hagrids infamous line in PS/SS .
Also the robes, yes maybe dress robes but why would they have to wear them? It must be for a special occasion, perhaps bill and fleurs wedding? When i first saw them i thought of the four founders and assumed maybe they had robes...but that sounds like too much of a stretch
also with the treasure, it seems to have stuff from slythern and gryffindor so either its a special hogwarts vault at gringotts or its somewhere in hogwarts, maybe even the room of requirement?
Als the u.k kids editionm someone noticed a small black dog or cat? thats actually the bloomsbury symbol! LOL
As for the u.s cover , this seems like the final showdown, which i think shows that harry has gotten all the horcrux's and has challenged voldemort to a duel or vise versa. harry doesnt appear to be wearing any armor so i think the u.k cover is about ron and hermione helping harry look for the horcrux's. And the locket, being merope's originally makes me think that there is still more to be told about her.
I could go on for days but ill stop there, i just want to read the last book so bad now!
Old 28-03-2007, 19:42   #14
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

oooh, on closer inspection of the u.k childrens cover, what is symbol on the top of the spine?
Old 29-03-2007, 01:02   #15
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

I agree Fortescue that it is a Griffin on the helmet. The chest plate seems also to have a griffin head on a snake like body. The majority of the jewels appear to be rubies and this with the gold and armour suggests to me that the treasure trove is connected with Gryffindor. There is also a shield and what maybe a tiara in the bottom right hand corner.
I am sure that the house elf is Dobby holding Gryffindor's sword.

On the back cover smoke appears to be coming from behind Hogwarts, perhaps the Hogwarts graveyard? Perhaps they find Gryffindor's tomb full of powerful relics? There is a full moon which has implications for Lupin and Greyback.

I think that Ron and Hermione's robes could be connected to the wedding not to school.

We know that the protection of Privet Drive will continue until Harry's birthday but it sounds as if the order is getting him out of Privet Drive early, perhaps to get to the wedding? Maybe the order have worked out that harry is safest attacking Voldemort while he is still a child and has some protection left?

SPF the little black dog with an arrow in its mouth at the bottom of the back cover is the Bloomsbury Children's Books icon. http://www.bloomsbury.com/
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Last edited by Glumbumble; 29-03-2007 at 03:03..
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 01:26   #16
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

i am entranced by these covers! On even closer inspection and study i note that the hole the trio are coming out of is quite large which reminds me of the large pipes in the chamber of secrets, remember when harry goes down the pipe in the second book from moanign myrtles bathroom? he mentions lots of pipes went off in different directions, im sure salazar slytherin would have kept other things down there.
but since there is so much gryffindor related treasure i am a bit doubtful of that theory. because dobby is there it makes me think even more it is somewhere in hogwarts as dobby knows quite a bit about the layout of hogwarts (it is he who tells harry about the room of requirement)
And i cant think that the u.s cover is the school in ruins as j.k has clearly said that a student becomes a teacher there. (my money's on neville)
Also with the u.s , would those be death eaters watching in the arena? And what would harry be reaching up for?
Also the lack of wands just hit me, their wands cant duel each other! remember GOF? so how else would they fight?
Also im probably hallucinating but are their robes inscribed? because i could swear on voldemorts robe in the right corner is a sort of 'M' shape. Im probably going blind though from all the staring at the computer screen.
Also look very closely (u.s cover) at the wood piles between them, there is some sort of blue paint stuff on the middle one.
Im going crazy, i need to read the last book!
Old 29-03-2007, 05:00   #17
Rubeus
TFH Graduate

hmmmm....i know i started this . just saw the U.K. childrens bookcover. Got me wondering......isn't there a mention in one the books about goblin made armor??? Looks as if this may be what we are seeing here? possible?
Rubeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 07:19   #18
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Okay...here's an argument for the house elf on Harry's back being Kreacher....Kreacher, me thinks, has the locket....Kreacher is indentured to Harry and must do as Harry says, but we know where his allegiance lies----Harry's best move would be to not let Kreacher out of is sight---that was, we now know, a huge mistake on Sirius' part......also, we know Kreacher to be a pack rat-like creature (inadvertent pun)----perhaps the treasure trove Harry, Ron, & Hermione are falling into is Kreacher's cache---way more extensive than we thought. Besides, I think that the thing on Harry's back has a sinister look about it----we can't see the face, and that is obviously because we are supposed to be having this discussion----but the angle of the ears and the brow have a mean-spirited look about them (at least I think they do). I think Harry may have to order Kreacher to stay with him at all times. I can, however, buy the argument that they are tumbling into the CoS or some similar place within Hogwarts, led by Dobby.

Also, on the US hard-cover jacket.....that Voldemort & Harry are not holding wands does not necessarily have to mean that either of them has been stripped of power......wand-less magic is possible---we can be sure that Voldemort can do it, and I believe that Harry is growing in magical strength and may be able to master it as well. It would make sense because, A) their wands share cores and cannot be set against each other, and B) I would think it more likely that they could channel more powerful spells with wand-less magic as opposed to using someone else's wand, since the wand chooses the wizard and a wizard is not going to get the maximum out of a wand that "chose" someone else.

I suppose, if we can all stand it just a little longer, we shall find out in due time......

One thing's for certain----the cover art came out at a great time----I think we needed some fresh material to kick around! This is fun. I am going to miss it greatly.
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2007, 09:39   #19
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

US Cover- I still think this is the arena area at the minsitry where Sirius went through the veil. It looks stadium like and it appears that we are looking through the curtains.

I have no clue what they are reaching for though. (my mind keeps saying a snitch!) LOL!

In the shadows it appears to be people watching or perhaps ghosts from the veil?

UK Cover- I think it's a bit more colorful and Harry looks to me a bit more manly than on the US cover. I am still under the impression that they are falling through a chamber at Hogwarts. The trio looks a bit scratched up like maybe they went down a pipe like they did in COS. It could be an old vault that belonged to the Hogwarts Founders. The back has Hogwarts castle on it so I think they may be at Hogwarts.

I was also under the impression that it could be Kreacher on Harry's back. He was ordered to work at Hogwarts so he could be present.
Old 29-03-2007, 12:32   #20
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Seeker615I have no clue what they are reaching for though. (my mind keeps saying a snitch!) LOL!
I realy had more a feeling that they were both warding off something coming at the both of them.

OK, this may be really out there but with them both in the same posture, spectators watching, wandless, my trekie background leads me to the principle that to make two enemies get along. have the both face a comon enemy together, where they will have to work together to both survive or they will both die. Like I said . . . kind of out there!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote