Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Wild Speculation Forum > Character conspiracy theory

Character conspiracy theory "Krum attacked Crouch, no-wait for it, then stunned himself!"

Old 21-06-2007, 09:54   #1
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

Lupin

I don't know if this is really a theory or not. I just finished rereading all the books and one thing I reflected on being that I am a big Lupin fan is that there is an interesting relationship between Remus and Dumbledore.

Start from the beginning - Lupin was bitten as a small child because of something his parents did, so Greyback attacked him. We have no other info on what exactly happened or any more info on his parents. As Remus becomes old enough to attend school Dumbledore goes all out and plants the whomping willow and arranges a secret passage for Remus to get to the shreiking shack so he can transform in private and away from harm. An awful lot of preparation for one student and a big risk too!

Later on we see that Dumbledore brings Remus back to teach at Hogwarts. Again it is a risk. (DD doesn't seem to mind risks). When Lupin later divulges all the secrets about the Maurauders he is cool about it.

Fast forward to HBP - Lupin is doing a huge favor to Dumbledore and the order by going underground with the werewolves. He was less than thrilled about too from the chapter in the book where he was telling Harry about it. but he felt that he needed to trust Dumbledore anyway and do what he was told.

After Dumbldore was murdered it was Lupin who had a huge reaction to his death. In the hospital wing everyone was shocked by the murder but it was Lupin who had the biggest reaction. JK focused on this and how Harry felt he was invading on a personal moment by witnessing Lupins grief.

Also Mr. and Mrs. Weasley made point to tell Lupin that he would have wanted Lupin to find happiness with Tonks. lupin tried to move away from her advances but the Weasleys encouraged him to have a relationship because DD would want to see a bit more love in the world.

Are we missing something? I could be way off base here. (nothing new) But it seems there could be more than meets the eye here. Is Lupin some relation to DD? Did DD feel the need to help Lupin more because he felt responsible in some way for Lupins ailment?

Discussion please!
Old 21-06-2007, 14:51   #2
Sir Cadogan
Noble Heart, Steely Sinew

Re: Lupin

Interesting thoughts, Seeker. I don't see anything mysterious here though. The reason for Lupin's attachment to DD is probably due to his gratitude for being offered a place at Hogwarts and then being cared for so well.
DD's motives may have been, firstly, sympathy for the poor innocent child who was not to be blamed for becoming a werewolf and thus ought not to suffer more than necessary from the consequences - and, secondly, the opportunity to raise a werewolf as a wizard, and thus building a bridge to this rather strange community. As we know, DD always was a great supporter of reaching out to other "races" like giants, centaurs etc.
Old 22-06-2007, 05:52   #3
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

I am sure I am stretching a bit with my post. It just struck me as odd that Harry noted Lupins reaction to Dumbledores death. lupin was a bit of a second rate character in HBP. (He was more prominent in POA and OOTP)

I guess maybe since I do like lupin I hope there is more there in the last book
Old 22-06-2007, 07:45   #4
Sir Cadogan
Noble Heart, Steely Sinew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker615 View Post
I guess maybe since I do like lupin I hope there is more there in the last book
I'm with you there, plus I hope there's a happy ending for him and Tonks :-)
Old 22-06-2007, 18:17   #5
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

This is very interesting . . . I think largely, Lupin's reaction was due to Lupin's extreme gratitude to how much Dumbledore had done to give him a chance of a somewhat normal life. Dumbledore is a "hero" figure to most that have known him, but think . . . to someone who was ridiculed and feared because of something that happened to him as a child, and is given a chance at Hogwarts . . . where no one knew who he was, and with Dumbledore going to such lengths to hide the fact of what he was . . . Lupin had 7 years of nearly normal life . . . you would nearly worship the person that made it possible.

Could Dumbeledore have been a relation? I certainly won't say no . . . for one as we saw with the black family tree, many wizarding families are inter-related. Now . . . is Lupin perhaps Dumbledore's son? . . . grandson? possibly . . . JKR said we would learn more about the Hogwarts staff members families . . . so?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote