Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Wild Speculation Forum > Character conspiracy theory

Character conspiracy theory "Krum attacked Crouch, no-wait for it, then stunned himself!"

Old 11-07-2007, 17:36   #1
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

All debt's paid in full please....

O.k. first of all, those of you reading this who have not read books 1 - 4 ( shame on you! ) STOP READING NOW. You have been warned.

I thought of something peculiar the other day, that could explain Pettigrew's debt significance and the " gleam of triumph " in Dumbledore's eye's. It could also mean that Voldemort is already doomed.
Way back in G.o.F. when Voldemort used Pettigrew's hand to regenerate, I believe some part of the debt Pettigrew owes Harry, was transferred to Voldemort too.
At this stage in the game, with deathly hallows so close, do I really need to use quote's?.....

Note; Harry made the debt ( unknowingly ) out of respect for his fathers friend's ( " I didn't think my dad would want his two best friend's to become killer's ), and his late father's wishes.

I suppose that could be classed as a form of love, couldn't it?......
Old 11-07-2007, 17:53   #2
Piper
TFH Graduate

Re: All debt's paid in full please....

Now that is an interesting thought as a reason for that gleam. And one that I have not seen suggested anywhere else. Magic at it's deepest and most impregnable I believe Dumbledore said of the life debt?
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 21:46   #3
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

Re: All debt's paid in full please....

Voldemort does say that he can now touch Harry, after he is regenerated. So their connection after that whole hand of a servant, blood of an enemy thing could be detrimental to Voldemort and he does not yet know it. All of these small things must come in to play somehow! What confuses me is, do Arthur, Ron and Ginny owe Harry a life-debt, as he saved all three of them, or is it only when the life is spared?
Old 12-07-2007, 16:45   #4
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Question Re: All debt's paid in full please....

Hi all,

Good question Kashlie...

I would have to say that a life debt ( in my opinion ) would come about if a wizard/witch, were to literally " save the life " of the victim. I also believe that Ginny and Ron owe Harry a life debt, but Arthur does not.

In Ron's case, he was poisoned and would have certainly died, had Harry not saved him with a bezoar.

Ginny too would almost certainly be dead had Harry not pierced Riddles diary with the basilisk fang...thus stopping her life from being syphoned.

Arthur...was not technically saved by Harry, although Harry was crucial in Arthur's rescue, it was the healers at St Mungo's that saved Arthur's life.

I assume the above constitutes half of a life debt, the other half being that both the victim and the " life-saver " recognise the actions of the other.

As for whether this will have some, or any significance?......only 7 days now !. I feel like ;

Note; The healers in St Mungo's must have a few debt's outstanding, eh?.

Last edited by secret seeker; 12-07-2007 at 16:49..
secret seeker is offline   Reply With Quote