Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Wild Speculation Forum > Character conspiracy theory

Character conspiracy theory "Krum attacked Crouch, no-wait for it, then stunned himself!"

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 14-01-2005, 11:56   #11
Kingsley
TFH Graduates

Re: Dumbledore is Evil

Ok I dont know why I never thought of this but--Dumbledore never used his time devices to go back and save Sirius or James and Lily--why is this

What part of DD's plan does this fit under? Did he think that saving them would force out his hand on Harry?

Trying to be normal these days

Kingsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2005, 15:48   #12
Alz
Head Unspeakable

That is compelling isnt it .. the fact he could manipulate time easily with a TT within a few hours of the event - so why didnt he go back and try to stop this all happening?
Hey perhaps he did and that is why things happened the way they did ...
I suppose overall the main reason - we woud have no story - but if you bring forward these kinds of devices - you should be aware they might come back and bite ya - and in JKR's case there has to be a compelling reason why it wasnt done
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2005, 05:49   #13
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise
That is compelling isnt it .. the fact he could manipulate time easily with a TT within a few hours of the event - so why didnt he go back and try to stop this all happening?
Hey perhaps he did and that is why things happened the way they did ...
I suppose overall the main reason - we woud have no story - but if you bring forward these kinds of devices - you should be aware they might come back and bite ya - and in JKR's case there has to be a compelling reason why it wasnt done
So it could be that events took place initially and Voldemort was defeated by Lily and James when he came to kill them, but DD used his timeturner to alter events in order to allow the balance between good and evil to continue its struggle?

Ummm, needs to think on this, good one!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2005, 03:22   #14
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Another compelling point as I read so many of the recent posts is how many talk about Dumbledore, what he knows, what he is telling, who is he telling, who is he holding back from etc.
I mean given the control of power and knowledge he has - you would be really glad he was good and not evil but it seems for each complextion JKR puts on Dumbledore and his actions - there still exists this plausible other motive ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 11-04-2005, 21:45   #15
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

If DUmbledore was the true evil one, wouldn't Umbridge be the first to tell Fudge, while Fudge still holds power?
'The Prophecy - is it a coincidence the only person that truelly knows what happened in the prophecy is Dumbledore ??
Are we to assume he has been 100% honest in what Trewlany (sp) Said ? '
Did Dumbledore not use the pensieve to relay this message? Do you think he has 'edited' it to suit his needs perhaps?

I have to say the evidence of him being evil is quite remarkable, but as mentioned already, the things he does could swing both ways.
I wonder though if 'evil' is the right word for this. Is it possible that Dumbledore wants ultimate power, and control over the wizarding world, but does not want death and destruction to gain it? His desires may not be evil, but it is still certainly wrong if it is the case. He could be just using Harry and Voldemort as pawns in his game.
So he orchestrates everything to suit him, will have Harry bring down Voldemort and then what? Does he show his true colours and appoint himself ruler? We have to remember the title of the books though. They are ALL Harry Potter. What if Harry defeats Voldemort in the HBP and then book 7 is Harry's fight against Dumbledore?

Well, whatever Dumbledore's plan is, he will have many people doubting him (and probably not just readers) by the time it comes into fruition.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:46   #16
Dunky
TFH Graduate

dumbledore being evil would have been the last thing i would have guessed before i joined this site...however, it now seems the most plausible answer to many questions!.
dumbledore is the only person we know to have heard the prophecy, this is too big a coincidence...we all know coincidences do not exist in jkr's world of harry potter..... i was thinkin maybe the reason dumbledore wanted harry to close his mind so bad in ootp was to prevent him goin to the mom and hearin the true prophecy.....this also makes sense as dumbledore turned up to 'help' harry when they were in trouble..........he has failed to help others many times as mentioned before, i think he turned up to prevent harry findin out the truth about him.
Dunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2006, 12:14   #17
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Evil is subjective - I guess you need to think for a second about the quote 'history is only written by the winners' to understand DiE concepts ...

In any war you have two sides - one that is considered good and one considered bad - but who defines this? That will be the people on the opposing sides ...
SO - take that into consideration - Dumbledore is considered good by his people - maybe he is considered evil by the DE's and Voldemort?
If so - then who is good - well it depends on who you ask ... or which side or who is winning and has the highest support ...

Voldemort was able to form the DE's based on his views and thoughts which the DE's shared ... Dumbledore has the Order and half of the wizarding world behind him for the same reasons ...

Can you see what I am saying?
Voldemort warps his motivations to get his followers - I am pretty sure Dumbledore does exactly the same ... question is, who really is evil?
Both have a sense of belief - we all believe in freedom of speech and non suppresion of right to view them - but there are some speeches we dont like and we shoebox them - same as in real life no?

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 02-12-2006, 08:11   #18
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Its possible, that Dumbledore is evil, but if he were really, wouldnt he have taken the ministers job when it was offered to him?, instead of just being a teacher, he could have the top job, and work whatever nefarious schemes and plots much easier.
As for what you said alz, it all depends on your opinion, and what side of the fence your on.
Voldemort doesnt see what he's doing as wrong, he sees it as his duty to rid the wizarding world of Muggleborns, filth, and those unworthy to learn magic.
Maybe he's right, it depends how each induvidual see's it, does'nt it?.
Maybe fate decides who is more worthy to win wars or god(s) and higher powers, based on self sacrifice, courage, and good emotions, rather than the side that focuses on death and destruction?

Last edited by secret seeker; 02-12-2006 at 08:19..
secret seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 17:28   #19
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Well - Dumbledore and the order have bought death and destruction also no - just that they are doing in the name of good ... once again subjective.

IF DiE - he will know it is better to influence the children versus the adults - you grow the generation young ... also being Minister will mean a lot of people are looking at him and his actions - Headmaster seems to allow him a lot more 'leg room' to make things his ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 02-12-2006, 18:00   #20
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Some excellent points there Alz!, but I see Dumbledore as too old to be bothered influencing children, ( if he's evil ) his tickers tocking, and adults, not children, have power in the here and now ( if he is evil, would he really be bothered about about the future? ) If Dumbledore were evil, he would have made a sly Horcrux for sure, even if his conscience didnt all agree, yet, he did die in H.B.P. so he cant have made a Horcrux.
I completely agree with the Headmaster position, thinking on it, Dumbledores clever enough not to need the ministry, even if he is evil, you're right.