Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Wild Speculation Forum > Character conspiracy theory

Character conspiracy theory "Krum attacked Crouch, no-wait for it, then stunned himself!"

Old 11-05-2006, 11:57   #1
Ana C.B.Rodrigues
Day dreamer

What happened to the Evans?

I was wondering what happened to Petunia and Lily's parents... may this be the reason why Petúnia has a conection to the magic world? Where they murdred by Voldemort just like the Potters?
Old 11-05-2006, 12:40   #2
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: What happened to the Evans?

We have seen and heard many an occasion mentioned that when Voldemort went after someone, he would take the family with them - but in this case we have a Muggle family ...

We are lead to believe their isnt that much significance in James' family no longer being around ...
Petunia will not have been on the best terms with them considering all we know about them being proud when they found out that Lily was a witch - I would have thought Petunia would have cut herself off from them all ...
BUT - and this is the killer point - The Evan's could have been a blood link - and ergo offer Harry the same blood protection as Petunia - but Dumbledore says that Petunia is Harry's only blood family left ... so I am thinking the Evan's are dead ... and that is why we hear nothing - otherwise I am sure Dumbledore would have used them - because they would have been proud to have a wizard grandson to look after ...

In conclusion - I think they either were dead before Harry was born - or was killed as part of the 'kill the family' as well as the target attitude of Voldemort!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 15:01   #3
Ana C.B.Rodrigues
Day dreamer

Yeah that would explain a lot of things, however there must be something beyond that why did Petúnia survived then? She was still part of Harry's family...and most of all which is the secret that keeps her connected to the magical world? I don't believe it's just Harry there must be something else...
Old 13-05-2006, 00:07   #4
Lily
Wingardium Leviosa

Well, that also poses the question "What happened to the Potters?" I know Alz said that we are led to believe there's no significance in them not being around... so, I would assume that maybe there's not significance in the fact the the Evans aren't around.

I mean, JKR probably just wanted the Evans and Potters to have passed away to make Harry have to live with the Dursleys... and to make it that they were the only family he had. It would be easier if he had Grandparents... and now, we wouldn't want to have that now would we??
Old 13-05-2006, 11:46   #5
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I think we have to take JKR on her word her - Harry was left with his only living blood relative - and I am sure Dumbledore checked before leaving him with what must have been less than ideal guardians!
We have not, till this point, been lead to believe there was foul play on the Potters of Evans - now given Lily and James were in line to be killed I am sure that the Order would have disclosed some information to Harry if previous to this the Potters and Evans family was being slowly picked off. What I mean to say - I am sure giving Harry details regarding the slow killing of all Potters and Evans leading up to his parents death wouldn't have been something JKR or the Order would need to conceal - in fact it would actually add to the story somewhat.
What would be unusual is that Lily and James died early 20's - you would have expected some family to be alive, Parents and Grandparents ... but JKR came out and said there is no relevance to the Potters all being deceased ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 26-05-2006, 02:01   #6
Ana C.B.Rodrigues
Day dreamer

Well I know that the Potters have a reason to die... first we were told that James was a late son so it is possible that they were too old and died... or they could have been murdred by death eaters in the attempt to find out Lily, James and Harry's whereabouts. The point is it is understandable due to their deep connection to the magic world that they were murdred... the odd thing is the Evans... where they murdred? I mean they are muggles ... something must have happened to them... and I don't believe they just diseppeared like.. you know... leaving n0o sign of their presence... it would be...I don't know... there must be something wrong about it... and it could also explain the way the Dursley's treated Harry his whole life... why does Petunia and Vernon hate the magical world that much?
Old 27-05-2006, 01:22   #7
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Yeah I am seeing your point - if Lily lead to the death of her parents then you can understand the loathing and hatred of Petunia - one thing for her sister to be a freak and go to a freak school - but another for it to lead to the demise of her folks!
It does seem strange that considering Lily's age that her parents were already dead - I mean lily was early 20's - it has to be an accident or something more sinister.
And JKR said there was nothing to the death of the Potter's family - but nothing on the Evans ... ummm ..

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 29-05-2006, 12:59   #8
Ana C.B.Rodrigues
Day dreamer

Cool... Alz.. you got it...thanks I wonder... it can't be natural death... unlike the Potters... I mean that's the reason J.K.Rowling has told us James was a late sone... to make us plot about the Evans... why they died... and if it was Voldemort who killed him... why did he left Petúnia alive... and her son and husband...? was he planning to attack them after destroying Harry and his parents?... it is so weird
Old 30-05-2006, 11:02   #9
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I wonder if the lack or questioning, thoughts and comments to and from JKR could be ideal to her on this subject ... I will have a search around and see if I can find any interviews where she talks of the Evans rather than James and the Potters ...
We know she dismissed the death of James parents as not too important - but not sure she ever said the same about the Evans!

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 30-05-2006, 13:07   #10
Ana C.B.Rodrigues
Day dreamer

Well I think that no one ever asked her about the Evans... and I think that if she has something important about them (which I bleieve she has), and if no one suspects about them just because they were muggles she won't disclose herself easily, on the other hand I think that if any of us questioned her about this topic she would have serious problems to answer. Because if she refuses to say anything... everyone will know that there is much more about them than she has shown in her books, on the other hand I would like to see the great deal she would have to build an answer which would hide properly the Evans death if their death is crucial to the plot... call me when someone asks her about the Evans... I'd be in really pleased to hear her answer and curious too