Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Wild Speculation Forum > Character conspiracy theory

Character conspiracy theory "Krum attacked Crouch, no-wait for it, then stunned himself!"

Old 20-10-2006, 18:59   #11
nymphadora
TFH Graduate

Re: Where did the money come from?

I think everyone has a good point. The money likely came from James' family being a prominent pure-blood family that likely had a lot of money (doesn't always work though... the Weasley's are pure-blood and they're not rich). But Lovegood54 you make a good point. It was only Petunia that was disgusted with what Lily was, her parents were proud (remember what Petunia said in PS) and likely left her with something! Also, JK has said that in the 7th book she will tell us what the Potters did for a living. I'm betting it's something that earned them a fair amount of money in the few years they were working after they left school. Possibly an auror?
nymphadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2006, 21:06   #12
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I think JKR has already said that Lily and James were Aurors ... would need to go find the reference ...
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2006, 15:49   #13
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Lightbulb Re: Where did the money come from?

I think a lot of these questions can still be answered by Dumbledores portrait. Its maddening to have all these questions and have no answers, but more frustatingly still is Harrys complete ignorance. I mean, come on, if I were Harry I would want to know everything about everything. " where are my grandparents?" Harry just seems too naive to be a justifiable hero in my opinion.
( lily AND james's sides ), not once in reading the books has Harry asked anyone where his parents are buried yet at the end of H.B.P. he knows? how?.
If people started letting Harry deal with things and told him stuff important instead of treating him like a kid all the time, Sirius woldnt be gone, Dumbledore may still be alive, other things may have happened. In everyones haste to protect Harry they have inadvertantly made things harder! doh.
Jo really needs to start tying up all the loose ends in the final book, it cant be just standard fare, if book 7 doesnt tie up all the loose ends the books will lose consistancy and coherence making the whole lot TOO unbelievable. Also why has Harry never gone through the Hogwarts records like Riddle did to find his missing ancestry?. alz help!....

Last edited by secret seeker; 26-10-2006 at 15:54..
secret seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2006, 00:36   #14
Lily
Wingardium Leviosa

You have a point - I am not questioning Harry's love for his parents - but he hasn't really gone to lengths to find out more about his parents, has he?

Tom Riddle did a lot of research on his own to find out about his ancestory (is Harry just lazy) Everything that Harry has learnt about his parents have been handed to him on a silver platter (e.g. the incidental stumbling of the memory in the Penseive, the flashbacks with the Dementors) and it has been what people have told him - Harry hasn't actually been very insquitive.

HOWEVER, maybe this has been all on purpose - Rowling has been trying to keep all the information for the last book - in which case, she has a lot of loose ends to tie up.
Old 18-11-2006, 01:06   #15
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOL Chat - October 19, 2000
Jesse Kornbluth: Here's one from Tiger Lily: What did James and Lily Potter do when they were alive?

J.K. Rowling: Well, I can't go into too much detail, because you're going to find out in future books. But James inherited plenty of money, so he didn't need a well-paid profession. You'll find out more about both Harry's parents later.
Another one to wait for.
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote