Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Wild Speculation Forum > Character conspiracy theory

Character conspiracy theory "Krum attacked Crouch, no-wait for it, then stunned himself!"

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-01-2007, 09:46   #11
Dunky
TFH Graduate

Re: will ron turn

thts a rele interesting idea...but i cant see how they can all be involved with the dark side. Else, how can you explain the attacks on Bill and Arthur?
Dunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:18   #12
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

Fakes, set-ups, ploys and misdirections. Of course, Bill may very well be the "black sheep" who really is on the good side.
jimbo716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:52   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I can't go for that one . . . yes, Ron has "missed" all of the climaxes in the stories, but never by doings of his own, with only a slight possibility in SS/PS when he sacraficed his knight so Harry could Check the King. Otherwise it was all things outside of his controll. BUT, that is a very good observation that I hadn't put together yet, that Ron has not been in the "final conflict" in each book, but instead of pointing to Ron being on Voldemort's side, I believe it just points further to the fact that in the end, Harry will have to do what he has to do alone. If you notice, when push comes to shove, Hermionie isn't right there either. Another thing that shows not only that Harry has done it alone when it came down to it, but has set a president that he will have to do it alone when it comes time for the final battle (if it indeed is a "battle").

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 18:39   #14
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

What do you suppose that ever present smudge on Ron's nose represents?
Old 05-01-2007, 02:05   #15
Morfin Gaunt
dumbledores army

maybe the smudge is just as simple as non perfection.
i think volemort will try and use ron offer him the riches hes always dreamed of and a better life for his family, the tempation will be there but when it comes down the the heavy stuff ron will chose the right side....the only weasly that i think will turn weasel is percy as he is so hypnotised by power!

but the tempation will more than likely be put in the story for ron, his jealously has been in it before he may even well consider it
Old 05-01-2007, 06:48   #16
Dumbledore's man
Azkaban and beyond

Cool Re: will ron turn

I don't think that Ron will turn to the Dark side. The only Weasly who will turn on dark side is Percy. But, I think he will chose right side at a very last moment.
Dumbledore's man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19   #17
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

I have to say that I think that Ron have played a significant role in each the climaxes to each of the books.

In PS/SS he sacrifices himself in the chess match, not knowing the extent of any injury he may receive. In the end both Ron and Hermione return to get Dumbledore leaving Harry to face Quirrell/Voldemort alone.

In CoS Ron goes with Harry down into the Chamber with Harry but is separated by the rock fall caused by the exploding wand. Ron continues to wait for Harry clearing the rocks.

In PoA Ron has a lesser role but is only absent from the final action because of the injuries he had received.

In GoF Ron is identified as the person Harry would miss most, despite the previous falling out. Both Ron and Hermione help to solve the clues but neither are involved in the final climax.

In OotP both Ron and Hermione are injured fighting in the MoM.

In HBP Ron is again in the thick of it fighting the death eaters.

It is true that there are a number of references to Ron wanting more recognition, not wanting to be poor etc. and he does not seem to have the academic ability of Percy or Bill, the skill entrepreneurial skills of Fred and George or the flair and charm of Charlie but he has always shown courage.

I also think that the films have tended to dumb him down a lot. In the books he comes over as being far brighter than in the films. I donít see either Percy or Ron supporting Voldemort.
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 17:47   #18
gbogbo
TFH Graduate

Well, I don't want Ron to turn, and my heart says he is truly faithful, but it is fun to speculate.

Given the knowledge that at least two significant characters will die, then what might happen if Hermione were to die and if Ron were to percieve (rightly or wrongly) that Harry bore much of the blame? Might that trigger a betrayal (again, coupled with his other character flaws)?

Perhaps Percy is a clue to this potential. I had never thought about Percy in that way, but it certainly is an indication that there could be trouble afoot. We also have Mrs. Weasely's clock that always seems to spell trouble for the family members.

We just relistened to the Prisoner of Azkaban and the divination scenes were quite striking. I'll go back and look for some quotes that might bolster this theory.

Last edited by gbogbo; 09-01-2007 at 17:53..
gbogbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 16:00   #19
gbogbo
TFH Graduate

We all know of Ron's abilities at divination (remember the grim and hippogriff in the tea leaves?). Well, check out this quote from Goblet of Fire. It is from the chapter The Unforgivable Curses. Harry and Ron are making stuff up to satisfy a homework requirement for Trelawney. They have to prepare "A detailed analysis of hte way the planetary movements in the coming month will affect you, with reference to your personal chart", and are just letting the BS fly. Then Ron suggests that Harry put down:

"Why don't you get stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a best friend?"

Was this prophecy satisfied when Ron turned his back on Harry after Harry was chosen to be one of the champions ... or could this still be hanging out there as a clue to Ron's future betrayal?
gbogbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 19:46   #20
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

"Why don't you get stabbed in the back by someone you thought was a best friend?"

Was this prophecy satisfied when Ron turned his back on Harry after Harry was chosen to be one of the champions ... or could this still be hanging out there as a clue to Ron's future betrayal?[/QUOTE]

I'm sticking to my guns. I think this clue is telling us what has been happening, not what is going to happen. Notice he says "you thought was a best freind," That sounds ominously like the deception has been in place for a while.

Last edited by jimbo716; 10-01-2007 at 19:52..