Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Wild Speculation Forum > Character conspiracy theory

Character conspiracy theory "Krum attacked Crouch, no-wait for it, then stunned himself!"

Old 09-12-2006, 16:52   #1
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

Snape create a Horcrux?

ok, i was just reading a thread about hogwarts possibly being a horcrux, and had an idea: Is it possible that Snape created a horcrux when he killed Dumbledore? think about it for a second, snape used the avada kedvra but dumbledore didnt just die, he was lifted into the air and fell off the tower! maybe the reason dumbledore didnt just die is because a horcrux was being created with his death? snape does know a lot more about the dark arts than the average wizard, so he could have done it i believe. what are your thoughts?

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 18:31   #2
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Re: Snape create a Horcrux?

Good idea!, seeing as we dont know how a horcrux is made its possible, but then what object used to conceal it?...
Old 10-12-2006, 08:54   #3
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

probably something he had in his robes. as mentioned in OoTP, harry finds moving his feet to stomp on his friends feet a feat much easier to pull off when wearing robes, so it is very possible for Snape to have had a vibrating object in his pocket that would go unnoticed by those around him.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

Old 17-12-2006, 15:19   #4
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Actually that is an interesting premise - I think we are getting to the point we think everyone has one ...

But what I like about this - think about it from a 'good' perspective ... Snape turns on Voldemort - Voldemort kills him and then carries on to attack Harry - but of course, Snape isnt dead ... although as I was typing that I started to dislike the idea somewhat ... ummm
Well in defense of the point, he would have met the criteria for making a horcrux so to speak ... so all good maybe?
Although if that was the case - and what I say with most posts that talk about horcruxes ... if that was JKR's intent you should be sure she would make a mention of an object, in passing, that would be the horcrux ... right now nothing other than the fake locket come to mind - nice touch thou - false horcrux being made into a horcrux!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 08:23   #5
Hermione2
I'm a N00b

Not convinced myself i think the Horcrux is such a dark and complex bit of magic that you would have to be a very powerful dark wizard
1. Snape is a very competant wizard but i don't think he is all that powerful
2. I'm still holding onto the hope that Snape is good
3. I think the murder has to be planned to make a horcrux and i do not think Dumbledore planned to kill dumbledore even though he made the unbreakable vow.
Just my opinion

Ron dropped his wand. Hermione Granger, telling a downright lie to a teacher?[/color]

That would be Hermione's advice: Go straight to the headmaster of Hogwarts, and in the meantime, consult a book.
Hermione2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2006, 14:22   #6
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I would question your first point there - for someone not so competant he was able to mislead two of the most powerful wizards of our times ... that would suggest otherwise ...

Thing about Snape - I just dont get the feeling he is afraid to die really - it's like he has nothing in life anyways other than to try and make amends for his past mistakes and once that is done - can see him happily leaving the mortal coil to persue the next big adventure ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 21-12-2006, 17:48   #7
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

he may not be afraid of death, but he is definately afraid of Voldemort (who isnt???!!!!) knowing this, i can see Snape creating a horcrux as a defense of sorts against the Dark Lord. think about it, the powers that You-Know-Who uses most often to control his followers (or slaves, minions, whatever you wanna call them) is the Cruciatis curse, the Imperiuss curse and Avada Kedavra. with a horcrux Snape wouldnt fear Avada Kedavra being used against him (he would survice after all), i can picture him being able to throw off the Imperius curse (after all, he did say in OoTP that doing this is similar to Occlumency) and as far a the Cruciatis curse, i dont see Snape being scared of that afterall, he is smart and would know how to side step making He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named angry. thus, with a horcrux, Snape would be better placed to fight Voldemort even if he is no longer allowed to run with the Order.

Old 24-12-2006, 05:01   #8
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Do you get the feeling he fears Voldemort?
See I would say the opposit - I think he knows what Voldemort is and as such is happy to be the double agent knowing that Voldemort isnt as fearful as everyone thinks he is - kind of like Dumbledore, Dumbledore doesnt fear Voldemort ... because he knows who he really is.
If Snape really feared Voldemort, he certainly wouldnt be a double spy.

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536