Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 15-07-2007, 06:35   #171
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Re: R.A.B. (potential Spoilers)

Yeah isnt Alphard Sirius' uncle who gave him the gold after he died and thats why they took him off the tapestry, im pretty sure thats how it went i will have to check unless someone can confirm it b4 that time.
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2007, 10:20   #172
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I think this is what you are looking for . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by OotP

'Where did you go?' asked Harry, staring at him.

'Your dad's place,' said Sirius. 'Your grandparents were really good about it; they sort of adopted me as a second son. Yeah, I camped out at your dad's in the school holidays, and when I was seventeen I got a place of my own. My Uncle Alphard had left me a decent bit of gold - he's been wiped off here, too, that's probably why - anyway, after that I looked after myself. I was always welcome at Mr and Mrs Potter's for Sunday lunch, though.'
Regulus and Alphard Black would work . . .and we believe there had to be 2 . . . Since Alphard "left" him some gold, I think we can assume that he has died too . . . possibly in the cave? It doesn't mention a date of death, but it implies that it would have been around the time he finished Hogwarts and went out on his own . . . so also around the time Regulus may have died.

Could we have this one????

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 11:42   #173
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

I am pretty sure here. I am even making a firm prediction.
RAB is Regulus Black.
Why?

JKR completely avoided him in film OoTP. ( I assume that she wants to hide it from the fans who are fresh to Deathly Hallows now)

I chose to stick to books, and so far all the pointers lead towards him.
- his days as a death eater. (it almost sounds like he became a death eater only because he had to live upto the Black family tradition, and not by heart.)
- Sirius mentioned that Regulus panicked by what he saw and tried to back off.
(Sirius assumes it. Once we came to know the horcruxes, and that note from RAB, the whole backing off issue is now more like revolting against Voldemort)
- He wasnt supposed to be important enough to be killed by Voldemort. (but we dont know who killed him, do we? or under what circumstances?)

I will be back to eat crow if my prediction is not true.

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 13:18   #174
Pip
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cagedcactus View Post
I am pretty sure here. I am even making a firm prediction.
RAB is Regulus Black.
Why?

JKR completely avoided him in film OoTP. ( I assume that she wants to hide it from the fans who are fresh to Deathly Hallows now)

I chose to stick to books, and so far all the pointers lead towards him.
- his days as a death eater. (it almost sounds like he became a death eater only because he had to live upto the Black family tradition, and not by heart.)
- Sirius mentioned that Regulus panicked by what he saw and tried to back off.
(Sirius assumes it. Once we came to know the horcruxes, and that note from RAB, the whole backing off issue is now more like revolting against Voldemort)
- He wasnt supposed to be important enough to be killed by Voldemort. (but we dont know who killed him, do we? or under what circumstances?)

I will be back to eat crow if my prediction is not true.
Spot on cagedcactus, I'll second that! I also have a sneaky feeling that Regulus was an underage DE (See previous posts on the cave thread) and so another wizard helped him retrieve the horcrux (If the same defences were broken in the cave i.e potion).......

If you check out the Black Family tree on lexicon, 3 members of the Black family all die in the same year - 1979 - Regulus, Orion (Regulus' father) and Cygnus (uncle?), this could be significant.....

"The trouble is, the other side can do magic too, Prime Minister."
Cornelius Fudge, HBP ch 1

WHY ARE YOU WORRING ABOUT YOU-KNOW-WHO?
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT U-NO-POO--
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

HBP

Last edited by Pip; 20-07-2007 at 13:21.. Reason: typo
Pip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2007, 14:36   #175
Piper
TFH Graduate

I am thinking Great Uncle Reglus Black, 1906-1959 is our RAB. Voldemort/Riddle would have entered Hogwarts and Syltherin about the same time as Orion Black, father of Reglus and Sirius, and Nephew of the elder Reglus Black. We aren't told the middle name of Great Uncle Reglus, but I am just guessing it begins with an A.

I am thinking that with the ban on discussions of Horcruxes, Voldemort may have had to do some asking around, and the Black Family certainly would have been well in the know on dark magic. I think Great Uncle Reglus may have been the source unwittingly and then later put it all together. Consider that Voldemort must have really outshined Orion Black during his time at Hogwarts, and how that must have gone over with elder Black family members. Voldemort, a half blood, winning every award in sight and all.

I figure Great Uncle Reglus took the Horcrux back in 1959, and was not able to destroy it before his death, but Sirius's Brother Reglus found it in 1979 and died in the process of destroying the Horcrux.

This all worked much better for me as a theory back when I was sure that the Locket from Grimmauld place was a Horcrux..........
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote