Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Old 06-04-2007, 15:36   #1
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Which character are you?

OK, things are just too still around here lately. Let's see which Harry Potter Character we think we are the most like, and why. I will post mine seperately later. Give us all a chance to get to know one another as well!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 17:13   #2
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Re: Which character are you?

I am quick with a smart remark, I tend to beat up on myself, I sulk when my friends get all the attention, I grew up in a less-than-wealthy family in a high school full of rich kids, my self-consciousness gets in the way of any attempt at athleticism, I am a good chess player, and I am terrified of spiders. I suppose I've got some Ron Weasley in me.

It's an interesting question to ponder....I have always said that She had constructed a perfect Ego, Superego, and Id in Harry, Ron, & Hermione, so it is likely we can all find a little of each of the Big 3 in us. The peripheral characters all seem to represent a broader personality trait.....loyalty, trustworthiness, deceit, evil, greed, selflessness----again, we can all probably find a little of each character hiding in our own psyches.

And, I agree---it's been slow lately.....
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 19:14   #3
tobias
TFH Graduate

Too right, Mr B.

I sat and thought it over and found many different answers: strict, no favorites and not prone to listening to excuses (mcgonagall), hopeless yet meaning well (neville), always finding good about the worst sorts of critters(hagrid), patched robes and up too late at night (lupin) . How many can we choose again?

But I suppose that

1) solitary 2) small room walled with books and furnished badly with old chairs 3) dark temperment 4)not caring for the popular or their ways 5) sometimes sarcastic 6) irritable if provoked

makes me more like another (former) member of the Hogwarts staff.

I will not lay claim to his gentle manner with his students, nor his connection with the less savory elements... but I do find myself looking for the best in Snape more often than not.

I guess I would hope to be Dumbledore eventually though! Excellent taste in clothes, that one (plum suits and Gene Simmons boots...)
Old 07-04-2007, 08:51   #4
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Although I can find bits of myself in each of the members of the trio, I cannot find a real match there . . . I have to look to the older generation. (I guess it suits, being one of the oldest on the board) But I find my match in Molly Weasley. My hubby has even asked if he should call me "Mollywobbles"! My biggest fear is of something happening to any of my children (5 of them) or my hubby. I call my kids by the wrong names on occasion . . . chew them out for bad grades . . . and yell at them in public (as I cannot seem to produce a howler) I cook and clean and knit sweaters (however without the skill to get the needles to knit on their own) I spend hours at second-hand shops buying my kids clothes (I however have never sent one of my sons to a party with lace and ruffles) I do have a temper when my kids cross the line, I can yell at one while comforting another. I don't have red hair though, at least not naturaly, I did however color my hair red for a short while, but it's back to normal now. I just hope JKR doesn't kill me off in the next book!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:02   #5
Arwan
TFH Graduate

I would be Molly as well. I have four boys but lack a Ginny. My Hubby would be a perfect Arthur for he tends to get a little to excited by the boys misdeeds, but knowing I m angry would tell them to listen to me (a perfect example is when the weasley boys took the car and Arthur was all excited but quickly corrected his own behaviour) I am very over protective of my boys. I would fight to the death for them. All are welcome who come to my door stop. Many of thier friends even call me mom and have become and extended family who I would fight just as hard for them. I tend to drive my boys crazy with my "mollycoddling" but I know they would not have it any other way. They think I pretty cool because I can get down and dirty in a game of football or wrestling but look good for a night of ballroom dancing. They love to torment each other and if one of them has done wrong and the others know, they are quick to leave the room saying look out moms going to blow!! But, in the end family extended or other wise is most important to me, and if one of them was a Percy I know I would feel they way Molly does.
Arwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:21   #6
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

Much of what Mr. Bandman say about the character of Ron applies to me also, although I play chess I would not say that I was good. But I also enjoy taking things to bits to see how they work, have a reputation for standing up for the poor guy, usually at great expense to myself, and warn my children around ways to avoid being chastised by their mother. So all things considered I think that I will go for Arthur.
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 11:28   #7
horcruxfinder
TFH Graduate

Although I am motherly and a family woman (knitting, cooking etc) I am not a Molly Weasley, as many of you seem to be. I lack the fire. I think of myself more as a Lupin. He is slow paced and wise, quiet and nurturing. He was chosen to be prefect to attempt to calm the antics of his two best friends. He knows the value of rules but isn't overly zealous in enforcing them. My children were the first to tell me I was Lupinish. They know I am serious when my voice gets quiet and low and know that I am reliable enough to go to when there is trouble (I won't think the worst) but will hold them accountable if need be. I think my husband is James - joking and rule breaking and exceedingly talented. My daughter is Harryish with a touch of Hermione's abilities. My son also bears a resemblance to Lupin but with Neville's forgetfulness.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:04   #8
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

Fun thread.

Overall I am the most like Lupin. (female version though) I am quieter than a lot of my friends and when I was in school I wanted to fit in so I would look the other way if my friends were causing trouble or I would go along with them to fit in. I always had to be the mature one on my group and that carries on into today too.

I also have a lot of Molly's qualities too. I am always worried about my family and I would defend them any chance I could as well as try to protect them. (I have 3 kids and my youngest reminds me a lot of Ginny)
Old 12-04-2007, 17:43   #9
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

I have Snapes temperement, and ego. Harrys compassion, and morals. Bit of Neville too, unfortunatly.
Old 13-04-2007, 22:00   #10
kashlie
afraid of my own shadow

i'm a tonks. bright and bubbly, literally bright...the fact that i have streaks of hot hot pink in my hair
i'm not so clumsy, but i don't think tonks is entirely clumsy either.
i also have unrequited love.....here's hoping mine turns out the same way as tonks and lupin seem to have!

there is a bit of Molly in me, but i believe that Tonks will be much like Molly if she has children - albeit, a little less organised!