Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Order of the Phoenix

Discussions on Order of the Phoenix "Is anyone going to bother telling me what the Order of the Phoenix ..."

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 15-07-2007, 21:57   #11
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Re: good one james!

You know maybe they do that with the movies to make people that havent read the books read them, i dont know if it would work though but just a thought?
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 04:07   #12
Becks
I'm a N00b

My first thoughts when I heard Sirius say that to Harry was that Sirius would have expected James to do the same thing if he were alive. Again its his dad coming out in him.
There is probably a bit more to do with it for the movie viewers rather than us book folk, but I guess thats up to each individual to decide. I doubt those who haven't read the books yet would go out and pick one up and start reading it. If they were that lazy to not read the books in the first place, I don't think they ever will now, seeing as the last one comes out soon. I know I wouldn't, if I had only seen the movies.
Old 16-07-2007, 06:30   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I don't know about that Becks . . . I saw the first two films before I started to read the books. I hadn't even seen the films yet when I saw how people were lining up at midnight for OotP when I thought there must be something to this Harry Potter stuff! I rented the first two films, and fell in love, so I started reading. Many who only see the films may indeed never pick up one of the books, but I think a very large group of people will . . . AND . . . as with happened with me, they see the film, know there are further books out there, they start their reading with the book that comes after the film they see . . . (in this case they will want to read HBP first) then they read the other books that follow, then, they realize that there is so much more to the books than is in the films, so they back up and start from the beginning, and from the start of SS/PS the are already saying "why wasn't this in the film?" They then procede to tell their friends who also had only seen the films that there is soooo much more and . . .

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2007, 15:25   #14
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Exactly my family are waiting for the movies to come out so that there expectations arent too high but now that the last book is coming out in 4 days and the last movie isnt coming out for a few years that may change now, so it can happen i guess and it did with me too i saw the 1st movie b4 i read the books and havent looked back since.
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2007, 07:39   #15
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

I read the books after I saw Prisoner of Azkaban. i knew there was a lot I was missing!

Actually my son's girlfriend is just starting to read the book now. My son had her watch all the movies and she wants more answers! So it can happen.

Anyway - It broke my heart to hear Sirius call Harry James. It showed just how far remived Sirius was and how much he missed his best friend
Old 17-07-2007, 08:02   #16
Vold. E. Mort
Crucio!

Of course, Harry can be called James.. It's his middle name, ya know...

As for books vs. movies, I first got into HP after seeing Chamber of Secrets on TV. When the movies were first coming out, I was ignoring them and watching the LOTR trilogy. In fact, a friend and I joked about the nerds going to see the HP movies instead of seeing LOTR (lol!) Oh how I wish I'd bothered to catch the early movies in the theater... My first was Goblet..
Vold. E. Mort is offline   Reply With Quote