Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Old 08-12-2005, 06:26   #11
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Snape's House Guest?

See that is the point - the way he rules is going to land him in the crap really soon. I think the DE's are starting to question LV's plans and strategies - and dissent in the ranks can only lead to one thing - I suppose it is the same with any Dicator that oppresses the masses - they have a nasty habit of turning!
Voldemort is going to become blindsided once again with destroying Harry - and by doing this he will take his eye off the ball ... then wham!
So let's hope he does still keep a few close to him - because he will need them!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 08:18   #12
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

And here, it isn't just that Voldemort is playing the DE's against each other like with Snape and Wormtail, but there is also that little timebomb ticking with Voldemort's bloodline. If it comes out that he has a muggle father. . .what then?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 05:48   #13
SnarkologyMajor
TFH Graduate

Bella didn't seem to take that too well at the DoM!Wouldn't it be fitting if the deatheaters turned against him! Unfortunately, he's probably been prepared for that possibilty since he started recruiting them.
SnarkologyMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 00:48   #14
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I suppose this is what makes this a game thread - the idea that he might pull in individual DE's to serve on him for say a day or week at a time - they leave feeling they are the most trusted since he wanted them close - whereas in fact he just wasnt into house keeping!

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 31-07-2006, 16:43   #15
Muggle Lover
I'm a N00b

Pettigrew's Service

unless i have missed something, we are never told what wormtail is actually doing at Snape's house other than to assist him.
at this point, the only thing i can figure is that voldemort was becoming suspicious of snape and sent wormtail to spy on him, which would explain why wormtail had "taken to listening at doors"
i was wondering what everyone else thought of this
Muggle Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:05   #16
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Pettigrew's Service

We were discussing this very subject here - so I merged it in ...
What was the reason Voldemort sent Pettigrew to live with Snape - discuss

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 08-12-2006, 16:13   #17
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

Voldemort really believes Snape is loyal, and he knows that wormtail is a meager follower, the real lowest of the low, not that powerful, not that bright, and disloyal when it suits him.
I think he really was there to assist Snape, but can see Wormtail ( and malfoy ) have a conflicted conscience and maybe turn on a bad? Snape in favor of his old friends and the wrong he did them, thus, Harrys debt is also called into play coz of love. The love wormtail has/had for James and Lily.
Would seem to fit, wouldnt it??
Old 17-12-2006, 11:34   #18
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I think this is another clever double down - OK, no matter what you say, Voldemort isnt that trusting and certainly isnt that gulliable - I think he placed Wormtail there just to be 100% sure of what is going on with Snape while away from him - he tells Snape he needs somewhere for Pettigrew to wollow away (wouldnt want him sticking around him!) and Pettigrew is prolly told by Voldemort he is on a secret mission - all equal and fair is it not?
Snape isnt going to deny Voldemort - Pettigrew isnt going to care where he is as long as he is safe and Voldemort kills two birds with one stone - more like the Voldemort we would expect!

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536