Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Poll: Is RAB Important?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Is RAB Important?

Old 29-03-2006, 13:29   #21
ChienNoir
Up to No Good

Re: Is RAB Important?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelis
i'm dont think so now & i dont think he distroyed the horcrux,as i said in another post that when they found the locket at grimmauld place they couldn't open it.
so maybe jk just put it in just to lead us a stray

I dunno... JKR has never been much for red herrings. I think it will turn out to be an important item in the grand scheme of things.

Le Blaque Dawg
Old 30-03-2006, 12:24   #22
Alz
Head Unspeakable

See this kind of captures what I was saying - I'm not sure RAB is as important as the whereabouts of the horcrux he took, how he was able to find it and also take it ... and why he was eventually killed ... as such is the identity of RAB a big deal?
I think the bigger questions about the whole affair tend to offer the most 'fat to the bones' than spending 2-3 years arguing if it was Regulus etc ...
That is a typical JKR thing to do - keep you guessing on something she put out there as a riddle and keep you away from the real facts ... god knows I spent enough time trying to work out what was so important about the diary until book 6!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2006, 08:16   #23
ChienNoir
Up to No Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz
See this kind of captures what I was saying - I'm not sure RAB is as important as the whereabouts of the horcrux he took, how he was able to find it and also take it ... and why he was eventually killed ... as such is the identity of RAB a big deal?

Agreed. The object and its purpose are far more important at this point than the identity of the person who took it, though I can see a plot line being woven around the object that could make the role of RAB much more significant, especially the circumstances of his death.

Hmm.. we keep saying "he." I assume we assume RAB is Regulus Black. Could RAB be a "she?" Does anyone give a rat's patoot? Anyone want to go for a drink and argue about it?

(LBD will shut up now)
Old 31-03-2006, 12:15   #24
Alz
Head Unspeakable

LMAO - you know what I did consider the whole he/she thing in this but since no-one else ever raised that I assumed there was a definite part of 'the note' that suggests it to be male - must go re-read it

I'm still not convinced even his identity is that important other than some JKR wizarding by showing us the plot she wove so deep - after the name and identity I just think that is a done deal and doesn't seem to go anywhere ... you know it is fatal writing stuff like this because it gets quoted a lot when you are wrong!

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 02-04-2006, 22:36   #25
Snuffles
the keepr of the Veil

Of course! RAB is the key to it all!

But i don't think RAB is a name, or even an official, but just some kind of a code that this dude prefers, just like Snuffles or Prongs. *shrug*
"Saintlike," he murmured.
"What's wrong with him? croaked Fred, looking terrified. "Is his mind affected?"
"Saintlike," repeated George, opening his eyes and looking up at his brother. "You see...I'm holy. Holey, Fred, geddit?"
"Pathetic," he told George. "Pathetic! With the whole wide world of ear-related humor before you, you go for holey!"

"NOT MY DAUGTER, YOU B****!" -Mrs. Weasely

We did it, we bashed them, wee Potter's the one,
And Voldy's gone moldy, so now let's have fun!
"Really gives a feeling for the scope and tragedy of the thing, doesn't it?" said Ron.
Snuffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 10:12   #26
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Assuming RAB is dead like we are lead to believe - considering that we know he took the necklace and was going to destroy it - knowing that it probably never got destroyed but is instead knocking around somewhere - are the questions really about RAB?
When talking key, I like to think it would be people than can influence the plot and storyline significantly - I'm not sure the identity of RAB is going to do that...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 08-04-2006, 15:13   #27
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the large Death Eater, the one JKR kept referring to that was in the battle at Hogwarts - the one that didn't really seem to do much damage to anyone - wouldn't it be something if that was Regulus, maybe on Polyjuice Potion or something. Regulus in disguise spying on Voldemort and the DE's and watching Harry's back????

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 10:16   #28
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I think Wheezy had a thread on that dude somewhere - certainly was interesting behaviour and considering Voldemort isnt going to surround himself with fools - makes you wonder what that persons strength was!
Regulus seemed pretty sure he would be dead by the time the note was read - but I am still curious how he felt it would be seen by Voldemort ... sorry just another one of those small things that makes me go ummm ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

Old 15-05-2006, 12:35   #29
moony06
I'm a N00b

Cool Re: Is RAB Important?

i belive seeker615 because how many other R.A.B.s have we herd of it as to be regulus black and that will open up a totally new world for us and we might find out the truth about lily and james' death that night when it happend.
moony06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2006, 11:45   #30
Alz
Head Unspeakable

This isnt so much about who RAB is - but exactly how important are they now ...
I am working to the principle that RAB is indeed dead - there is a certain amount of backstory that links them into the septology - but are they going to blow any roofs off the house ... I'm not convinced.
The relevance of RAB is what he did, why he did it and most of all - where is his horcrux he stole - not sure that really means too much about RAB but more the legacy he left ...

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536