Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Old 15-08-2006, 22:32   #21
littlehobit24
TFH Graduate

Re: Did Snape help Lily . . . or did Lily help Snape

I also think that snape and lily had a thing for each other. For a while perhaps they were lab partners. I thik that is partly why Smape does not like Harry. Lilly finally fell for James. Just a thought, but this kinda reminds me of Harry and Cho- a cruss that ends in a spat. Perhaps there will be more to this in book 7
littlehobit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 11:49   #22
Alz
Head Unspeakable

It does all point towards Snape liking Lily a little more than Lily liked him - you know it happens when you are friends and then one of you might have stronger feelings.
In this case, Snape let it get in the way - he turned the frustrations on Lily and alienated her - and maybe moved her closer to James ... he contributed to his own downfall!
But I still think given all the hurt he caused her by his selfish actions afterwards is his main motivations for helping Dumbledore and Harry!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2006, 12:07   #23
littlehobit24
TFH Graduate

I agre. I think that perhaps in some ways Snap may feel that Harry should have been his son. I think that is why he seams to hate Harry but in truth I think he cares deeply about him.
littlehobit24 is offline   Reply With Quote