Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Half-Blood Prince > HBP Character Discussion

HBP Character Discussion Any facts or details from HBP on new and old characters

Old 27-02-2007, 12:44   #11
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

Re: Luna inlove?

Luna and one of the twins would be awesome. She would do a great job working at their joke shop!
Old 27-02-2007, 18:03   #12
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

When opposites attract, the connection/bond always seem to be the strongest. I think someone as flighty as Luna will find someone who ntakes things more seriously.
Ill bet that she and Malfoy hook up once he realizes that he's been fighting for the wrong side. (Yup, its gonna happen!)
Old 27-02-2007, 19:12   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Whoa Jimbo! I think that is going a bit far. Yes, opposites do attract, but I believe that it would be someone a little more grounded in reality . . . Draco doesn't have a very realistic view of the true world himself, so I doubt that he could be considered a true polar opposite. yes, the twins in this instance would be ruled out . . . or would they. They like to joke, where as Luna tends to be more serious. Luna is quiet, economical with her words, the twins ramble on excitedly. Yeah, I see it still, but which one?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2007, 19:16   #14
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

I think you guys are right! Thinking on it more, Luna has some weird ideas, but she believes fully, seriously. The weasel boys don't take anything seriously. But then again, Seamus is pretty non chalent(sp) about things as well.
Old 06-03-2007, 13:27   #15
Arwan
TFH Graduate

I hope Luna and Neville will get together opposites attract but similarities build strong bonds. I think both Neville and Luna have always been some what out casts and they have gravitated to one another by means of the DA and both battles they join in fighting. If not a love relationship definitely a great friendship. They are both caring, compassionate, honest and would not judge each other for their differences.
Arwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 14:22   #16
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

Okay....here's a different take on the Ron-Luna connection entirely. We have found that when Ron is joking he often accidentally predicts something or speaks an unknown truth. (It has been argued that Ron is probably a Seer and doesn't realize it.) Luna is more or less regarded as a freak, as is her father for publishing his wizard's tabloid. (I do find it a little ironic that the "legitimate" newpapers didn't want anything to do with the truth about Harry and Lord Voldemort, so Harry had the truth printed in Mr. Lovegood's "rag".) What if there is more truth to what Luna holds to than we suspect, and when she laughs at Ron's jokes that is because she gets them in a way no one else does----she sees the irony in them because they all hold an element of truth? Most people would have looked at Luna as if she were nuts if she tried to tell them she had seen thestrals----Harry only believed her because he could see them as well. What if there really are Crumple-Horned Snorkacks in the world? Could Luna be a sort of compass for Ron's "prophecies"?

Last edited by Mr_Bandman; 06-03-2007 at 14:22.. Reason: spelling error
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 18:56   #17
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

I like the ron/seer thing, and its true that he often predicts things without realising, also remember when him and harry make up those predictions in GOF? a lot of those came true.
But as for luna/ron i dont think ron is mature enough yet to appreciate luna for her personality, he hasnt grown up in the same way harry has, as is shown in HBP when harry invites her to slughorns party and doesnt care what other people think, ron still cares to much about petty things, and plus he has super mega crush on hermione that better be reciprocated by the end of deathly hallows or i think j.k will get a lot of hate mail
Old 07-03-2007, 10:36   #18
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

i am pretty sure ron will end up with hermione. Luna might have a crush on Ron, but i (until the sixth book, and actually still have a soft spot for) think that Luna and Harry would make an excellent couple. afterall, she believes him when he says he sees thestrals, and when he says that Voldemort is back. she is pretty, even if her ideas are bit out there (i think she is right that there are crumble-horn snorkacks, but i am not so sure about the nargles and invisble moths that fly into your ears and make your thoughts fuzzy) so, yeah. but we must also remember that when Luna told harr yshe could see thestrals, he thought that he might be going crazy. after all, if Loony Lovegood sees thestrals, whose to say if they really exist? personally, i may have tried touching one to see if it was really there. man i love thestrals. just the idea of them makes me smile. Luna is my favorite character, and i dont think ron would be the most perfect match for her. he just couldnt think that there may be crumple-horned snorkacks, even if one liked him in the face.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:47   #19
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

I don't believe Luna will end up with Ron, either----I just think that, since she seems to be an unlikely vehicle for the truth, and since unlikely things often come to pass in this series, Luna could be simply underlining some of the hidden truths in the story---including the things Ron makes wise cracks about. I think the attention she pays Ron and the seemingly over-flattering laughter is being misinterpreted by people as her having a crush on him---I don't think it's that at all----I think she just recognizes the truth in what Ron's saying.
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 17:27   #20
Rory
TFH Graduate

Has anyone considered that Luna may be one of the 2 characters that JKR kills off in DH, that were not originally going to be killed?

JKR said that her husband said - Oh no, not THAT one.
To me, Luna is the one character that everyone has fallen in love with.