Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating The Half Blood Prince

Predicating The Half Blood Prince Predictions on the events and happenings of the HBP.

View Poll Results: Ron and Hermione to be together by end of book 6
Yes 5 45.45%
No 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 17-01-2005, 11:40   #1
Tonks
Unspeakable

Ron to date Hermione!

Prediction: Ron and Hermione to be together by end of book 6
It is my belief and prediction that Ron and Hermione will be dating by the end of book 6 - The Half-Blood Prince.
I think that Ron and Hermione will both turn to each other for comfort during a difficult part of the next book.

Evidence or Support
I believe their constant bickering during OotP was almost like that of an old, married couple.
Ron was very interested in Hermione's relationship with Krum, especially at the Yule Ball. I do not think he would be so interested if he did not have any feelings for her.
JKR stated that Cuaron put hints in PoA as to what would happen in the future; I believe that Hermione's grabbing Ron's arm during the Buckbeak scene was one of these. Also, when Buckbeak is about to be beheaded and they hear the swish of the axe, Hermione turns to Ron's shoulder for comfort.
Finally, I think that although they seem to have somewhat of a love/hate relationship, but that they will soon both realize that they have feelings for each other.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2005, 14:04   #2
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Ron to date Hermione!

Disagree
While I think they will eventually - I don't think it will be book 6.

Reasoning
JKR has sunk mileage into making this last throughout the books and will remain a finishing touch.
I think it would confuse matters if they actually start to date - I think they will flirt with the idea etc and become closer - but I think that the union will happen in Book 7.
I think the complexity it will bring to the characters at the centre of the plot would make it hard going for JKR this early on.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2005, 14:57   #3
Nagini
Time Turners

Vote

No

Reason

I do think Hermione and Ron will date but I dont think it will happen in Book 6 mainly due to the size of the book. They might decide they like each other at the end or tell each other they like each other anyway but I dont think the actual dating will commence until book 7.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:18   #4
Boing
Pops in randomly

Vote

No

Reason

Funny. I was thinking the exact same thing as Blaise and Nagini before I voted, then saw their comments. So, I don't have much to add except that I think that Ron and Hermione dating/confessing interest in each other is something that has a lot of fans interested and I think it is something that has been hinted at, encouraged throughout the series. It would seem anticlimatic for it to happen before the end. I don't even know that it would happen toward the beginning of Book 7. It just seems JKR will wait and have that as something that made it through the whole series and finally ends with them getting together.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 14:11   #5
Sirius-fan-forever
TFH Graduate

I definitely say yes
JK said in some interview that Harry will be involved with someone in the next books, so I think it's about time Ron gets with Hermoine too. After all the hints since Gof, they're definitely going to hook up...I'm hoping it's in HBP
Sirius-fan-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 17:23   #6
LovingHarryPotter
TFH Graduate

I say yes. There has always been that love hate relationship with them that i Believe is more love then hate.

There is the obvious attraction between them and I believe they will be together if not by the end of Book 6 by book 7. JKR knows there is the attraction and I think she wants them together too. She throws in Suttle hints here and there.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:10   #7
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Voted:

Yes

Reasoning:

Obviously I don't think the books is going to open with Ron and Hermione already dating, but I do think that towards the end, and as the book ends, they will be together as a couple.

There is just soooo much of their relationship bubbling, and this is from the beginning I feel - in PS/SS Ron was horrid about Hermione, but almost to the point of being protective of her - he was 'allowed' to be horrible to her, but he didn't want others to! In CoS onwards we have hints of his feelings towards Hermione and how they are increasing, and the jealousy that emenates from him during GoF when Hermione is interested in Krum is just red-hot!!!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 09:44   #8
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Voted:

Yes

Reasoning:

They've had a kind of electricity between them since day one. Even though Ron acts as though she gets on his nerves and they are always bickering, you can tell the tension is there necessary for a serious relationship. The way they fight sometimes sounds like they're already married.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 03:28   #9
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Well - I think we all had a close run game on this one huh ...
SO - sticking to the question then the answer is no ...

Contrats to Me, Boing, Meredith, Nagini for the guesswork!
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 17:01   #10
Tonks
Unspeakable

Hmph, ok fine you can technically say that no they aren't together right now.. but they're well on their merry little way towards it -
Quote:
Ron, he saw, was now holding Hermione and stroking her hair while she sobbed into his shoulder, tears dripping from the end of his own long nose.
I suppose you get the credit anyway though Bla, because you said they'd flirt with it and become closer but it wouldn't actually happen until book 7..

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote