Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating The Half Blood Prince

Predicating The Half Blood Prince Predictions on the events and happenings of the HBP.

View Poll Results: Will Harry and Ginny go out in HBP?
Yes 4 44.44%
No 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2005, 14:29   #1
Sirius-fan-forever
TFH Graduate

Harry and Ginny

Since you guys brought up the Ron and Hermoine relationship, I wanted to ask you're opinion about Harry and Ginny ending up together in book 6. I think after all her shyness being gone in Ootp, I really saw the similarities between her and Harry. They are both stubborn and brave. I have my fingers crossed
Sirius-fan-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 17:21   #2
LovingHarryPotter
TFH Graduate

Re: Harry and Ginny :)

I cant see them getting together. I just dont see a connection really like an attraction. I dont think Ron would really like that, but it may be another fight harry and ron have. We will see
Old 06-02-2005, 12:15   #3
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Voted:

Yes

Reasoning:

Ginny was a typical girlie who had a crush on the famous guy. However, as she progressed, she became much more confident until OotP when she finally got over this initial crush and dated others, which actually Harry noticed and seemed impressed with! I think Harry will see within Ginny the traits he admires in Hermione - someone he will not be dating as he sees her more as a sister than a date!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 14:29   #4
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Voted:

No

Reasoning:

Ginny is over that crush!
We saw in OoTP that she has grown up and moved on!
Not too mention the issues with the friend/his sister rule!
I think there is no way they are going to hook up - just wouldnt be right!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 15:14   #5
Tonks
Unspeakable

Voted:

Nope

Reasoning:

I think I just have to agree completely with Bla here.
I think that Ginny is over Harry as well - she talks to him now and don't forget she has her own boyfriend...
I really think they've just hit the point of being good friends and that she doesn't like him like that anymore...

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 06:39   #6
Nagini
Time Turners

Voted

No

Reasoning

Although I do think Harry and Ginny are going to get it on I don't think it will officially happen until book 7. We have seen Ginny being unable to talk in Harry's presence then once she got over her crush we saw that she wasn't in awe of him but still cared for him. I think Harry will rely on his growing friendhship with Ginny more heavily in HBP but I dont think it will turn to romance until book 7, where Ginny will become Harry's first serious girlfriend.
Old 16-02-2005, 20:33   #7
Boing
Pops in randomly

I voted NO

I harbor feelings that I would like to see Harry with either Luna or Ginny, but I don't think that anything with Ginny would happen in HBP - it's too early. I think Harry might have another crush or maybe a girlfriend in HBP, but his first real love/girlfriend won't happen until Book 7 . . .

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2005, 09:39   #8
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

[B]Voted:[B]

Yes

Reasoning:

Ginny has matured since the days when every time Harry looked at her she put her elbows in the butter or knocked her food on the floor. She still likes Harry and her ability now to open up to him has shown a few times to be in a scornful manner:

"Hi," said Ginny uncertainly. "We recognized Harry's voice - what are you yelling about?"
"Never you mind," said Harry roughly.
Ginny raised her eyebrows.
"There's no need to take that tone with me," she said coolly. (OotP, pg 735)

Ginny put Harry in his place firmly, yet non-threateningly. I think there is a bond growing between them. It was obvious in GoF how much she still liked him when she clearly showed her disappointment that she had told Neville she would go to the Yule ball with him and then Ron asked her to go with Harry. (Bummer!)

I'm not much for the matchmaking aspect of the story as it is such a little, miniscule part of Harry's life, but I can see the two of them getting serious. She is a strong and brave soul just as Harry is. I think they'd make a good match, plus, then Harry would officially be a Weasley

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 03:25   #9
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Urgh - I so hated this one ....
Well - conclusivly wrong was I and a few others ...

Congratulations to Fortescue, Sirius-fan-forever, Tinkerbell!!
Seems you read these things a lot better than ol Blaise did - so well done!
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote