Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating The Half Blood Prince

Predicating The Half Blood Prince Predictions on the events and happenings of the HBP.

View Poll Results: Will Harry become the Quidditch captain in Hbp?
Yes 6 66.67%
No 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2005, 20:56   #1
Sirius-fan-forever
TFH Graduate

Will Harry be Quidditch Captain?

Now that Angelina is gone, will Harry finally be the quidditch captain? There's still Katie Bell, Ginny, Ron and two other hopeless players whose name I forgot.
The only real option is Katie and Ron but I still think Harry has a better chance at being captain since he's been on longer than Ron but what about Katie; will she get it over Harry? I have a feeling Harry will get it. What do you guys think??
Sirius-fan-forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 00:52   #2
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Re: Will Harry be Quidditch Captain?

Voted: Yes

Reasoning:

I guess because he has been such an asset to the team since he arrived and has shown a real talent as a Seeker. Although he doesn't really have what I would consider leadership skills, I would imagine the others would listen to him just because he is Harry!

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 18:44   #3
Tonks
Unspeakable

Voted:

Yes.

Reasoning:

Well, I really don't think Ron will make Quidditch Captain. Harry and Katie have both been on the team longer than he has, and I definitely see both of them over him. I think Katie may make Captain because she will be the oldest member on the team, but Harry has pretty much been the star player since his First Year.

We do know that you don't have to be in your 7th Year to be Quidditch Captain (Oliver Wood was Captain in his 5th Year), so I think Harry has a pretty good possibility. I just don't get the feeling that Katie is much of a leader type, and with the DA, we see Harry is.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 20:56   #4
Boing
Pops in randomly

Voted:

No

Reason:

First, I'm not sure what year you have to be to become Quidditch captain, but I'm sure there's someone older than him who will get the position in HBP. As for becoming captain in his seventh year, I am holding out for it to be Ron.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2005, 00:39   #5
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

Voted:

No

Reason:

I am with others in thinking that you might have to be a 7th year to be Quidditch captain. I think that Alicia will get it, as she is older. Also, I am not sure who picks the Quidditch Captain, but if it is Dumbledore, I think he may use the same reasoning that he did for not making him a prefect.
Old 04-03-2005, 22:10   #6
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Voted:

No

Reason:

I am sure given all that will happen to Harry this year that JKR wont think he has time for it - I think the possibility exists - but just dont think it likely.
I think Harry will still play - but not sure he would make the best captain being a seeker because he isnt really watching the game and his team.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 13:36   #7
Nagini
Time Turners

Voted

No.

Reasoning

I don't think JKR will put this type of burden on Harry at this stage. She might tempt him with it but I think given his circumstances, plus the amount of homework etc he will be getting and the major factor that he either has to kill Voldemort or be killed by him that Harry would turn down Captaincy if it was offered.
Old 14-04-2005, 09:25   #8
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Voted

Yes

Reasoning

Harry's the best man for the job. Ron, even though he finally got the hang of being keeper at the end of OotP, and helped Gryffindor win the cup, I don't think he has the confidence to be a good team captain. Katie is pretty much an unknown entity. She's never really had many lines in the story - and it's her final year. Harry has two more years to be captain and give the team some stability. Besides, McGonagall has really grown to care for Harry and after what he went through in OotP, I think she will appoint him simply out of admiration and as a reward for how well the team has done since he's been a member.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 03:24   #9
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Credit to Fortescue, Nagini, Sirius-fan-forever, Tinkerbell, Tonks!!

Yep - you predicted right - go you all!
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote