Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > "Divination's at the top of North Tower" > Predicating The Half Blood Prince

Predicating The Half Blood Prince Predictions on the events and happenings of the HBP.

View Poll Results: Where do the flames come from?
From Voldemort 1 11.11%
A spell that Harry has cast 0 0%
A spell that Dumbledore has cast 5 55.56%
Something else (please specify!!) 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-03-2005, 07:44   #1
Tinkerbell
Graduating

Where are the flames coming from?

We have now all seen the proposed covers for HBP. On the British covers we see Dumbledore and Harry surrounded by fire - where is this coming from?

I voted for flames from Voldemort - whether this is from his wand, or from something he has created I couldn't guess, but definitely from Voldemort! I think we are building up to a much bigger battle and, I guess, higher rate of deaths, but that we will certainly get some form of conflict with the Dark Lord in HBP.

Growing older is mandatory...Growing up is optional... laughing at yourself is therapeutic... laughing with others is fun!!
Tinkerbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2005, 08:14   #2
Nagini
Time Turners

Re: Where are the flames coming from?

For those who haven't yet seen it, here is the link to Bloomsbury here.

I think or it looks to me anyway that Harry and Dumbledore could be travel by Phoenix. By that I mean when Dumbledore disapeared in a flash of flames in his office in OoTP, I think it would have looked something like that on the journey to where he was going and the flames on this picture are similar to the Phoenix flames on the cover of the British kids version of OoTP. So that is what I voted for.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:02   #3
Boing
Pops in randomly

I voted for a spell that Dumbledore has cast as it looks like a bright light is coming from his wand that matches the flame color. Also, Dumbledore is so closely associated with Phoenixes and Phoenix fire that I think it is him.

It looks to be some sort of protective spell around Harry and Dumbledore - perhaps fighting against Voldemort . . .

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 13:16   #4
Alz
Head Unspeakable

I am gonna go a partial on Boing and point towards fawkes ...
The fire and flames aspect just made me instantly think of Phoenix and fire - and given all the Phoenix references we have seen - I am assuming that Dumbledore didnt call it the OoTP for no reason - and he is able to harness the powers of a Phoenix - ergo the fire!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2005, 22:13   #5
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

I am gonna say that it is a spell that Dumbledore cast, probably a protective one from Harry and Dumbledore's stance, and the looks on their faces. I like the idea that Dumbledore can harness the power of the phoenix as well...
Old 11-04-2005, 13:57   #6
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

It looks like the fire is coming from Dumbledore's wand, and he looks rather frightened. The flames encirle both of them and it reminds me of the fire spell Dumbledore shot at Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic in OotP. The thin flame rapped around Voldemort and his shield, and Voldemort turned the flame into a snake.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2005, 03:27   #7
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Congratulations to Boing, Fortescue, Weasleyfanforever!
Yep - you all predicted right - it was Dumbledore ... *shudder* I still remember the lake ...
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote