Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 17-05-2007, 20:16   #31
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

Re: How many twists..........

Maybe Harry will be asked to be DADA teacher? afterall, McGonagall knows about Dumbledores army, and would have definately seen improvement in Neville, if no one else. Also, Harry has great experience, you know? he has faced Voldemort 3 times (first year with the stone, second year against young voldemort/tom riddle, and in the graveyard in year 4), and dueled him in 1 of the encounters (year 4), and has bested many Death Eaters in his two encounters with them he has had (the Department of Mysteries, and in the school). so if he doesnt plan on returning to hogwarts as a student, maybe he will be the new DADA teacher. for those who believe harry is going to die, this could be worth thinking about since we all know the DADA position is cursed.

but if harry wont be teaching DADA, then it will probably be one of the Aurors in the Order who will teach it. like mayube shacklebolt or tonks. i dont think moody will take the job (too many bad memories of being locked in the trunk. so if its even possible, he is probably even MORE paranoid than he was before) its also possible that the ministry will put a teacher there, you know? just so they get the best possible teacher, and not as an outpost like it was with umbridge.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 00:51   #32
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

I think Harry might have quite enough to be getting on with this year to be able to spare time to be a full time teacher. I'd love to see Lupin settled, but he's still a werewolf, and the mummies wouldn't like it.

But I do like the idea of Harry taking the job eventually - to be the one that breaks Voldemort's curse. It all sits nicely - so nicely that I don't know how the Auror ambition will fit in. She tends to show actions having consequences, and so, him planning for being an Auror will probably be paid off by him being an Auror.
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 04:38   #33
tobias
TFH Graduate

[QUOTE=But I do like the idea of Harry taking the job eventually - to be the one that breaks Voldemort's curse. It all sits nicely - so nicely that I don't know how the Auror ambition will fit in. She tends to show actions having consequences, and so, him planning for being an Auror will probably be paid off by him being an Auror.[/QUOTE]

Yes, that is what he wants. But is that what he is meant to be? Remember how he felt when Hermoine and Ron asked him to teach DADA- he reacted very strongly against but found himself planning lessons. I can see him teaching, after the curse is gone.

Having said that, I still would like to see him be the youngest ever Minister for Magic and have 12 children...
Old 18-05-2007, 05:39   #34
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I almost suggested him above, but thought that at least in 7th year he couldn't. One, He is quite likely to be busy with other things. another thing, he never could master the silent spells. Who knows maybe with some help from Lupin over the summer? I would like to see him teach, and after Voldemorts defeat I think that possible. He wants to be an auror . . . but I think that experience of defeating Voldemort will be enough for him.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 08:11   #35
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

the only reason Harry had trouble learning to cast silent spells in DADA in the sixth year was because Snape was teaching the course. as far as learning silent spells in his other classes, we are not told he failed. he struggled, yeah, but he got it eventually. we have to assume as much cause if he hadnt, we would have been told. also, your forgetting that DADA is Harry's BEST subject, which means with a little help from Hermione, and with a text book in front of him (hermione would be helping by decoding any really hard words, or reducing really complex language to simpler language) he would become really well trained in silent spells over the summer. Also, dont forget about the fact that he would have Lupin there helping him practice the silent spells, as well as tonks and the weasleys (Arthur and Molly would be more than willing to help, Bill would too. and Fred and George would jump on any chance to see some chaos, which is what we would see with Harry learning really powerful jinxes, hexes, curses, and such. so yeah, Silent Spells relating to DADA, most likely a piece of cake for harry. maybe not the easiest cake to eat, but its still cake. we'll say fruit cake.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

Old 18-05-2007, 08:37   #36
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

You know . . . it could be possible . . . I just remembered, that Harry did succede in doing one nonverbal spell . . . levicorpus . . .when he first read it in the HBP's book. So you are right, most of the reason he didn't do them in class was because of the intimidation he feels from Snape! Thanks for setting me right!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Old 18-05-2007, 09:26   #37
notposs
TFH Graduate

I have just got a theorie for SPF and the rest who belive HINAH, well more for the people who think he is... anyway do you guys think that if Harry took the position of DADA teacher the curse would be broken as Harry has part of Voldemort in him it would be like Voldemort geting the position thus breaking the curse... That is ofcourse if Harry is a horcrux???

"To the Dark Lord I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."
R.A.B - HBP p569

notposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2007, 09:42   #38
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

that is interesting Notposs, I hadn't thought about the curse part. But of course, either way, even if Harry is not a Horcrux, the curse will be broken with Voldemort's death. or . . . . WAIT! . . . OMG! LOL!

Harry does not kill Voldemort, but surrounds him with so much love that he completely changes his ways . . . no longer the most powerful dark wizard, he is now the most powerful GOOD wizard! Voldemort becomes known as Professor Riddle and takes the position of DADA, and thus the curse is entirely eliminated! Riddle retires from teaching when he is 177 years old and is considered one of the greatest professors to ever enter the school!

Well . . . that would be a twist!

_Willy Wonka

Old 18-05-2007, 19:43   #39
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

If Harry defeats Voldemort, will they still need Aurors?

Are the Aurors a special task force, set up to deal with the 'Voldemort Issue', or are they a perennial presence in the wizarding community?

If the office dissolves after V's defeat, then Harry is there to fill the hole in the DADA, and break the curse. He and Ginny could take a married couple's suite in Hogwarts, Harry could work out of thet office he has seen in so many guises, and Ginny could run the Bat Bogey Hex club. Or possibly teach charms.

I wonder if the book will end in June as they tend to, or if we'll see what they all go on to do. Ron and Hermione married - her working in some capacity creating unity between the magical races, maybe even with a house elf of her own to treat well. Fred and George own Zonko's and have branches around the wizarding world etc.
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2007, 13:27   #40
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

Aurors will still be needed. they are the special agents of the wizarding world. they deal with dark wizards, and i must assume there is a subsection of the auror office that is mad eup of more general law enforcers. So the Aurors are like the FBI in the US, you know? they will still be needed, and will still be there, waiting for the next Voldemort to come along, and until he does, they will be taking care of larger wizard crimes, like murders and what not.

then again, i could be wrong and the Aurors are the police of the wizarding world. if this is the case, they will no longer have an all out man hunt for voldemort and return to general law enforcing.
no, hold on, scratch that second one. i just remembered an the trial chapter in book 5. harry asks about the jinxed toilets, and asks if it will be the aurors who catch the guys and arthur told him it wouldnt be.
which reminds me of this: the aurors were hunting Voldemort before Harry was born, and then the curse rebounded and tried and failed to kill voldemort, but everyone basically assumed he was dead. and guess what? the aurors were still there! OMG! if this comes as a surprise to anyone then your all forgetting shacklebolt (he's auror!) and Tonks (OMG SHE IS TOO!!!) and guess whic hbook we met them in? thats right, we met them in the book where the Ministry of Magic was trying to make it out the Dumbledore (God rest his soul) had gone senile and that harry was just trying to stir up trouble to get attention and that his was a troubled child. so yeah, if the Aurors only existed to catch Voldemort, i am pretty sure both Tonks ans Shacklebolt would have been unemployed when we met them, or more likely would have had other ministry jobs. hope that helps with a twist of No dream job for Harry if he survives to take up a proffession.