Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 30-10-2006, 14:48   #1
Dunky
TFH Graduate

How many twists..........

Havin just about read thru most of this excellent site......i have realised many people share my theories and there are many many more i didnt even think of!!

I can't see there being TOO many twists in book 7 otherwise it will lose some credibility....
so......
i was wondering what people think are the most likely twists to occur and how many...................

i say no more than 2 BIG twists...my vote goin to Dumbledore being alive ang Harry being a horcrux........
Dunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2006, 15:12   #2
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

Re: How many twists..........

Welcome Dunky,

An interesting question. It is true that nothing can be left to the next book and there is an awful lot of tying up of loose ends to be undertaken.

I expect the first twist we will see will be a suprise relating to Aunt Petunia. There have been many suggestions on this and other sites as to what that may be but I feel JKR will have quite a big suprise in store there.
I expect that Snape will confoud all and be the good guy in the end, because of his love for Lily.
I think that Harry will kill Voldemort but I do not think that Harry will be "in this realm" by the end of the book..

Dumbledore said way back at the beginning,

Quote:
After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. You know, the Stone was really not such a wonderful thing. As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all -- the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 20:24   #3
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

If I had to guess on ONLY 2 big twists it would be Sirius alive by the middle of book seven, and Snape 's revelation....about???????
Old 17-12-2006, 11:52   #4
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Harry being a horcrux is one I would like to cling to - second is RAB isnt Regulus ...
Then of course the big ones - the reason Dumbledore trusted Snape and lastly - Dumbledore was evil ...

At least one of those is right - there is a twist in the Dumbledore/Snape thing I tell ya!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 04:00   #5
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts
Outside Playing Quidditch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz View Post
Harry being a horcrux is one I would like to cling to - second is RAB isnt Regulus ...
Then of course the big ones - the reason Dumbledore trusted Snape and lastly - Dumbledore was evil ...

At least one of those is right - there is a twist in the Dumbledore/Snape thing I tell ya!

I would say only the one about Dumbledore and Snape would have to be right on that one being the twist i would have to say on that matter that the rest i cant agree with but thats just my opinion...
Hoggy Warty Hogwarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 07:49   #6
Hermione2
I'm a N00b

Sorry Alz I have to agree with Hoggy Warty Hogwarts i find it very hard to beleive that Dumbledore is EVIL -No way!

In regards to twists I think There are going to be a few
1. Harry is a Horcrux
2. RAB is not Regulas Black
3. Snape is GOOD
4. Dumbledore returns but in another form such as an animal/portrait ect

Ron dropped his wand. Hermione Granger, telling a downright lie to a teacher?[/color]

That would be Hermione's advice: Go straight to the headmaster of Hogwarts, and in the meantime, consult a book.
Hermione2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2006, 08:05   #7
M.A.H.
TFH Graduate

Malfoy turns out to be good(how about that)
Dumbledore returns, either living or in a portret, as Hermoine2 suggested. But as an evil character? Can't imagine.

And I excpect some freay Snape stuff, but I don't know what it will be: JKR has never been predictable.
M.A.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 04:03   #8
Mr_Bandman
TFH Graduate

The alarmingly brilliant thing about JKR is how She is able to , time & again, hit me with twists that A.) I never saw coming, and B.) I should have seen coming. I think the most likely twists are those that are not being talked about as frequently. I have to disagree, though, with Dunky's initial postulation that there won't be "too many twists" in Book 7----I think it's going to wind like a mountain road, and She will do so with such ubiquitous skill and craftiness that none of it will seem gratuitous, and we won't feel cheated or surprised. I stick to my assertion that She has, in one way or another, already told the entire tale---we just haven't put it all together from what She has given us.
If I had to pick the "most likely" twists, I'd have to go with Dudley being the one to do magic relatively late in life (I went into great detail on this idea in the thread titled "Dudley's Wizardry"), Dumbledore is alive (I still think he is a phoenix, and therefore he can be killed, which means She can say he's "definitely dead" without lying---he's just going to come back to life like any good phoenix will do), and Fred & George have a connection to Albus & Aberforth.
Mr_Bandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 04:43   #9
cagedcactus
Sherbet Lemon

Ok how about this.
JKR never really said that "Albus Dumbledore is dead."
she just said "Dumbledore is done, finished."
What if Abeforth Dumbledore switched with Albus Dumbledore on that night and was posing as Albus, while Albus was on something even more important.
Depending on what Dark Lord's order to Draco was. If he said that Draco has to kill Dumbledore, then Snape didnt really break the Vow, did he? Because he just did that. He killed Dumbledore, not Albus, but Abeforth.
Now if Dark Lord was picky, and really mentioned that he wanted Albus Dumbledore dead, then it is a different stroy.

By the way, I love that Phoenix theory too. At the funeral Harry spots a Pheonix flying into the white flames. which phoenix is it, though?

"Let me tell you the secret that had led me to my goal. My strength lies, solely in my tenacity."
-Salazar Slytherin the founder of house Slytherin

"Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which all difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air."
-Godric Gryffindor the founder of house Gryffindor

"We have a hunger of the mind which asks for knowledge all around us. And the more we gain, the more is our desire."
-Rowena Ravenclaw the founder of house Ravenclaw
cagedcactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2006, 08:43   #10
M.A.H.
TFH Graduate

But then Dumbledore had to sacrifice his own brother!! I can't believe he would ever do that(and therefor it would be a brilliant twist). Do you think he can live with the guild he feels when he indirectly has killed his own brother?

The phoenix is a brilliant thought, but doesn't make that Dumbledore more dan an ordinary man? And I had the idea Dumbledore is not so into immortality...