Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Future Book Speculation > Discussions on Book 7

Discussions on Book 7 "... Scar." THE END

Old 21-02-2007, 23:09   #1
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

who do you think will die?

j.k herself has said 4 people will die in this book, so a simple question who do you think they'll be

here's my idea

i think that when harry goes to bill and fleurs wedding voldemort or death eaters will make an appearance and ruin the occasion, only because the book has to start off with a bang so to speak and i think that either bill or fleur will die just because its so tragic

a semi minor character who readers will still care about, i.e neville, fred or george (she better not because i will cry more than if harry died, it would also be like the death of laughter) or seamus, dean, hagrid etc

either harry or voldemort thats a given though it better be the latter, and while im here i have to say it cant be harry because if it was j.k would have to write more books on how voldemort is defeated finally

and finally pettigrew because he owes harry a life debt, im not sure how it would be done but thats just my guess

so now on to you guys!
Old 22-02-2007, 07:51   #2
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Re: who do you think will die?

OK, here goes my guesses . . .

1. Lupin - will die battling Greyback (Greyback will die too, but I don't think the bad guy deaths are counted in her 4)

2. Snape will die showing his true colors and ultimately protecting Harry

3. Hagrid, no particular reason, just feels right

4. Nevil, he has come a long way magicaly, and has shown bravery from the first book. Nevil will make Gran happy by dying a hero.

5. Wormtail will protect Harry, and may be exchanged with Snape, it will be one or the other that will step in to help or save Harry at some point.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2007, 09:04   #3
Seeker615
Ghosthunter

I have a bad feeling Lupin will die in the end.

Pettigrew will die. He has been around too long as it is. (This will make all 4 mauraders deceased)

I think one of the Weasleys will perish. I am leaning towrds Arthur or Molly though. They are parental figures in Harry's life and it will also make Ron mature a bit more.

I think Draco will be caught and killed too.

I don't think Snape will die. I think he will be the one who is getting a reprieve for some reason.
Old 22-02-2007, 20:47   #4
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

see i originally thought neville but it wouldn't make too much sense in that he's struggled so much through the previous books so i think he deserves something good to happen, i actually think it will be him who works at hogwarts, perhaps as the new herbology teacher.
Old 22-02-2007, 20:51   #5
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

oooh lupin! i forgot entirely about him. hmmmm that is a definite possibility
Old 19-03-2007, 04:55   #6
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

I think Harry will 'die' at least for a time, at least symbolically. He may go behind that curtain, and come back. But at some point I think he'll be dead.

Voldemort will die. Derr.

Father figures have a rough time in Potter's world, so Lupin and Mr Weasley are definitely on the list.

How about Ginny?
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2007, 06:53   #7
Lovegood54
Luna's Biggest Fan!

Lupin could be one death, and Petunia dieing to save harry (kinda like the twist and such, and would show that there is more to Petunia that meets the eye i.e: she loves harry enough to die for him!) hmmm.... as far as one of the weasleys, its possible, and i would have to bet on it being molly, only because it would be tragic and would cause Ron to want to seek revenge and toughen and strengthen up (kinda like how finding out that the death eaters who caused his parents to become insane were freed from Azkaban caused Neville to buckle down and do his darndest to learn all the spells Harry taught, after all, harry noticed his imporvement, and i think neville was only second in learning speed! the first being hermione; assuming i am remembering correctly, of course) then, wtih ron being more battle ready, he plays the major role (along with hermione) of clearing the path of death eaters for harry to reach Voldemort. so, thats three, the fourth, well, i think it will probably be a character that is in the background, but not major (kinda like luna, but not Luna. maybe cho chang or colin creevey, but not colin, he's cool, so lets go with Denis) yeah, i like that, i will say the fourth death is Denis 'The Menace' Creevey. because he is younger than harry by two years, not much developement but it will hit colin and thus harry, since Denis is a fellow gryffindor.

"Mistletoe," said Luna dreamily, pointing at a large clump of white berries placed almost over Harry's head. He jumped out from under it. "Good thinking," said Luna very seriously. "It's often infested with nargles."

If it's wrong to think Tom Riddle is attractive, then i don't want to be right.
Lovegood54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 13:44   #8
Glumbumble
TFH Graduate

I get this recurring image of Harry drinking a goblet of Madam Rosmerta's finest oak-matured mead in the Headmaster's study at Hogwarts with the newly appointed Head, Professor Snape! Joining in the discussion would be the portrait of Dumbledore. After Dumbledore I am sure that Snape is the brightest of the staff members.

I think that if Harry survives he will still want to have contact with one of the marauders so I think that Lupin will survive and marry Tonks.

So that leaves Wormtail to die, doing something noble I think.

It would be just like Arthur to die protecting muggles so he will be my number two.

Neville seems destined I have to say. Living up to his father at last and almost being the chosen one.

So who else? Well I think Bellatrix, because she deserves it.

So what about Voldemort and his nemesis Harry? Will they appear to die as Moriarty and Holmes do at the Reichenbach Falls, or will Harry try to make the ultimate sacrifice in facing Voldemort only to be saved by a friend as Jean Luc Picard was when facing Praetor Shinzon?

Today I think that they will both live, Voldemort will loose his powers and become the next embittered squib caretaker at Hogwarts!

Why do I think that Harry will let Voldemort survive? Well the answer is written below in green. "It is our choices that show what we truly are"

Of course tomorrow I may be guided more by Omar Khayyam, the verse below in white, and thing that they both die giving a reprieve to Arthur and Neville.
There was -- and then no more of Thee and Me.

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

Last edited by Glumbumble; 20-03-2007 at 13:48..
Glumbumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2007, 17:26   #9
jimbo716
TFH Graduate

I dont think Longbottom will die. Unless, Potter, Weasley and Grainger all go as well. After all, we learn in SS/PS that they are "all in the same boat."
I don't think it's going to happen though. I believe at least most of the deaths will be people that we know little about. My money is on Percy and/or Bill.
Old 20-03-2007, 21:01   #10
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

OMG! 'all in the same boat'!!! why didnt i see it before?