Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Deathly Hallows - Analysis

Deathly Hallows - Analysis A look deeper into the mysteries and clues resolved in the book.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 22-07-2007, 11:58   #1
secret seeker
The Half Blood Prince

What happened to the Dursleys?...

Where did they go?,...did Harry ever see them after?....
Old 22-07-2007, 19:47   #2
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Re: What happened to the Dursleys?...

I wondered about that, too. The last we heard the Order was moving them into hiding and the little bit in Snape's Pensieve memory about Petunia and Lilly and nothing at the end. I would have thought they deserved at least a mention.

But there was a lot of info to cram into the number of pages.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 20:04   #3
Tonks
Unspeakable

I really wish that Harry had ran into at least Dudley again. He never even saw Dedalus or Hestia again, who would have at least mentioned something.

Although we did learn a bit more about Petunia [her "correspondence" with Dumbledore], I wish we'd gotten a look into HER memory. That sure would have been interesting.

"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
- Albus Dumbledore
Tonks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2007, 21:19   #4
Piper
TFH Graduate

The whole Dursley's thing stumped me because I thought Harry was just going to make a brief visit there and it seemed as though he had been there waiting until his Birthday for a good while. I was really surprised there wasn't something about them in the end atleast. I half expected a trap with Harry going in and saving the Dursleys.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 08:25   #5
Padma Patil
Dumbledore's Girl

I'm not surprised they weren't mentioned, however like its been said before, I thought a brief mention of Harry visiting Dudley might have happened in the Epilogue, but oh well. It doesn't break my heart that we'll never hear from the Dursleys again.

"Look . . . at . . . me. . . ." he whispered.
- Severus Snape
DH pg. 658 Ch. 32 (US edition)
Padma Patil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 08:43   #6
4evaluvhp
I'm a N00b

I think this is one of the few things we'll have to speculate about. Since they were with aurors... they'll probably be safe. Also Dudley's kind words and Aunt Petunia's reluctance to say something to him during their departure should tell us that they're might have been future speculation. They might have liked Harry somewhat after all.
4evaluvhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2007, 10:45   #7
Steph
I'm a N00b

Did one of the aurors travelling with the Dursleys not get killed though? Or was that somebody else? There are just so many characters to remember!
x x x
p.s. I thought what Dudley said to Harry was really sweet, bless him
Old 23-07-2007, 15:59   #8
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

Not sure if this was ever answered, but did we ever get to a stopping point on speculation over Lily/Petunia/Narcissa being somehow related? Note the "flowery" names...and then little Rose throws another one in there. Probably JKR just loved her flora.
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2007, 17:45   #9
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I too expected to see the Dursleys at the end, it wasn't what I expected, and much shorter than I expcted the "what happend later" chapter to be, thouht we would hear about most of the characters, not just the central ones. I think there will have to be much more to tell in the future!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:45   #10
Vold. E. Mort
Crucio!

They left with aurors, and then the ministry fell a few weeks later.. Were those aurors affected? Would big V know where they were? If JKR wanted the sense of loss to truely permeate this book, she should have shown Voldemort interogating them, and let Harry see that like he saw everything else Voldemort was doing. I, and many other Dursley haters would LOVE to have read that chapter... I can only hope that someway, somehow, Uncle Vernon eventually felt the cruciatis..
Vold. E. Mort is offline   Reply With Quote