Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Prisoner of Azkaban

Discussions on Prisoner of Azkaban "If Black can break out of Azkaban ..."

Old 24-05-2005, 11:03   #21
Boing
Pops in randomly

Re: Neville could stand the dementors

You know, in the context of where he was at the time, though, and what was happening - he was at school, where his most immediate fear is of Snape and what Snape will say and do to him in front of others. So, assuming for someone like Neville who does not appear to have a fear that is so intense it shuts out all other fears, his boggart could change shape depending on where he is and what's happening to him.

As for other times Neville has had encounters with dementors, I think it was just in the train carriage. And I was wondering why JKR had worked him into the storyline there - it didn't seem to fit what was going on at all in the story, so perhaps she wanted us to see something about the way he reacts to dementors.

Peskipiksi Pesternomi!
Boing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2005, 12:09   #22
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Re: Neville could stand the dementors

I suppose you could reflect the same as that with Hermione and Ron ...
Ron was the opnly one that gave any insight into the event but just based on how he felt - none of them shared or even remained on what happened when they saw the dementor.
I know Ron says something along the lines like he felt he would never feel happiness again - but we know that is what happens when a Dementor is around - I just wonder if perhaps Neville just felt the same way?
Because he lives his life in so much internal misery - I suppose it is possible he was able to hide this on the exterior to the point it appeared like it didnt effect him?
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote