Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Post Release Discussions

Old 25-07-2007, 11:43   #1
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

A change of heart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortescue
And regardless of what she has said, she left a huge opening to continue on with the story.
Well that sums up my impression as well, I mean leaving the "ending" with Harry putting his sons on the train at the same time as Draco puts his son on? . . . and so so many things left unsaid. Maybe she as allways was playing with words? She would not write about Harry Potter . . . but, Teddy Lupin? and . . . who's Headmaster? and . . . why 19 years? why not 10, or 50? that seemed odd too!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 00:58   #2
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

Re: A change of heart?

the other openings i felt were there were ron telling harry he should keep the elder wand (kind of made me think he would try and take it) and the fact that the death stone is somewhere in the forest, surely someone will come across it!
and i agree a whole new adventure can be created with harry and draco's son
Old 26-07-2007, 01:48   #3
Fortescue
Totally Potterfied!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post
Well that sums up my impression as well, I mean leaving the "ending" with Harry putting his sons on the train at the same time as Draco puts his son on? . . . and so so many things left unsaid. Maybe she as allways was playing with words? She would not write about Harry Potter . . . but, Teddy Lupin? and . . . who's Headmaster? and . . . why 19 years? why not 10, or 50? that seemed odd too!
There were a lot of things just left out there. I read today that she is planning on doing an encyclopedia of Harry Potter that will also include information of who was doing what at the time of the epilogue, the nineteen years after Harry defeated Voldemort. She plans to include information of who was the Headmaster at Hogwarts and what the other characters were up to at that time. But she said it would be a fact-based account, not like a story.

I know she has said she would not write any more about Harry, but then she also has said all along that the last word in the last chapter was "Scar!" And that was not the case. Everything changes and even though she has said she has had the story planned for however many years and her mind was set that when book seven was done, so was she.

But nothing is set in stone and all the roots she planted in the final few chapters left me with the belief that it is very possible we could see more of Harry's world, just with his and Ron's children, perhaps. Imagine little Albus Severus Potter walking down the hallways of Hogwarts in his first year being picked on by Scorpius Malfoy.

"I miss having you in my classes, Harry, you were never much of a Seer . . . but you were a wonderful Object . . . "
Sybil Trelawney

Last edited by Fortescue; 26-07-2007 at 01:51..
Fortescue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 20:39   #4
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

Personally, I wouldn't like her to revisit the Potter world. At least, not through established characters. I mean seriously, do you want to sit and read Albus Potter and the Walk of Defeat or something? She's created a classic, and I think she should take a step back from it, leave it in its pure, unblemished form.

I'm not saying she should stop writing about the magical world, but just not using any characters she's already created. Something NEW.
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2007, 22:08   #5
frodobaggins
TFH Graduate

plus a new story would never work because there could be no antagonist like voldemort. the whole mystery of harry coming into the wizarding world and getting through it all would never work with harry's kids.

let the series be...it was great
frodobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 16:41   #6
Horntail88
TFH Graduate

I did like the idea of telling the story of the Dumbledore vs. Grindelwald era. Maybe she can keep the Potter world, and tell another story through the eyes of Krum's family (or someone in a different geographical area) as the world was darkened by Grindelwald?
Horntail88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 16:47   #7
Weasleyfanforever
TFH Graduate

I got this from an interview that JKR gave to USA today about her future writing projects:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKR
"I think that there will be some disappointment if I don't write another fantasy," she says. "But I must admit, I think I've done my fantasy.
So, it doesn't really look good for any of us holding out for a prequel or sequel
Weasleyfanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2007, 22:03   #8
Piper
TFH Graduate

The way she has talked in interviews what she will do is somehow publish the stuff that didn't make the final cuts, or that she couldn't get into the books, she mentioned the story of Dean Thomas being really fascinating, but not included for instance. And she isn't going to be in any hurry to do it either she said.
Piper is offline   Reply With Quote