Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussion on Deathly Hallows > Post Release Discussions

Old 30-07-2007, 18:45   #1
Madam Rosmerta
TFH Graduate

Post What happens next...

According to an article on MSNBC.com (not sure of the linking rules so I'm not linking it):

Quote:
If you found the epilogue of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” rather vague, then J.K. Rowling achieved her goal.
JKR explains:

Quote:
Rowling said her original epilogue was “a lot more detailed,” including the name of every child born to the Weasley clan in the past 19 years. (Victoire, who was snogging Teddy — Lupin and Tonks’ son — is Bill and Fleur’s eldest.)

“But it didn’t work very well as a piece of writing,” Rowling said. “It felt very much that I had crowbarred in every bit of information I could … In a novel you have to resist the urge to tell everything.”
In the interview, JKR discloses the future occupations of some of the main characters:

Harry: head of Auror department at MoM
Ron: Auror
Hermione: "pretty high up" in Department of Magical Law Enforcement
Luna: a wizarding naturalist, travelling the world looking for weird creatures
Neville: professor of Herbology at Hogwarts

And something to look forward to?

Quote:
Rowling said she may eventually reveal more details in a Harry Potter encyclopedia, but even then, it will never be enough to satisfy the most ardent of her fans.

“I’m dealing with a level of obsession in some of my fans that will not rest until they know the middle names of Harry’s great-great-grandparents,” she said. Not that she’s discouraging the Potter devotion!

“I love it,” she said. “I’m all for that.”
I really hope she does produce the encyclopedia at some point, but I would understand totally if she wants a break from HP!
Madam Rosmerta is offline   Reply With Quote