Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Book, Film news and Polls! > Official JKRowling Website info

Official JKRowling Website info All the information from JK Rowling's official site

Old 14-05-2007, 10:29   #1
Arwan
TFH Graduate

new diary entry

On JKR website she has a new diary entry. She talks mainly about the Leaky cauldron website and how rumors and spoilers are starting to surface. I am starting to get nervious about surfing the web I don't want to know anything till July 21.
Arwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 10:43   #2
notposs
TFH Graduate

Re: new diary entry

I can’t access the LC site at the minute because of problems with the site but I have read the diary entry by JK sounds like she thinks the spoilers on the LK site are true whatever they are.

I don’t know if I actually want to see the spoilers or not either. Part of me wants to because it’s like reading the book its self. But, the other part of me thinks that it will ruin the experience of actual finding these things out first hand by reading the book.

"To the Dark Lord I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."
R.A.B - HBP p569

notposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 14:21   #3
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I wouldn't want to read them, True or not. Even if true, it can ruin the suspense of the book. Or could cause confusion by knowing something is going to happen, and then missing other important things because you are looking for what you know is coming . . . Kind of why I never watch a movie before I read the book (of anything, not just HP) I'm sure there are leaks, i don't know how it would be possible to completely controll something like this. I haven't read her diary entry, but, I think that the LC should be held liable to an extent for allowing something like that on the site. Foreknowledge could damage sales of the books. (not that she would miss the money!)

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2007, 16:30   #4
horcruxfinder
TFH Graduate

The leaky site just put up a warning that they will not post any spoilers and asked that people be respectful and ruin other people's fun. JKR simply added to this and stated that she was pleased with Leaky's stance. Neither are an indicator to me that the spoilers have any truth to them. I am wondering how to handle the whole spoiler thing. When HBP came out one of my kid's best friend phoned and said, "Snape kills Dumbledore" before we even had a chance to open the book. So, it is not only the internet we need to think about but other people who may just read faster etc.

In addition, I think that fake book that is now on line has been identified on one of the websites as previously released fan fiction. Sorry, I don't remember which site.
Old 15-05-2007, 01:32   #5
Luna
TFH Graduate

I have to say thatís what worries me most, ie someone telling me what happens before Iíve had a chance to read it. With 4 young children, I know itís going to take me a few days, and Iíll be gutted if I hear anything in advance. Short of locking myself away, Iím not sure how to avoid it. Still, Iíll be in the queue at midnight to make the earliest possible start!!
Luna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2007, 07:19   #6
notposs
TFH Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post
I haven't read her diary entry, but, I think that the LC should be held liable to an extent for allowing something like that on the site. Foreknowledge could damage sales of the books. (not that she would miss the money!)
She also spoke about this in the diary entry she says that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK Rowling
Some, perhaps, will read this and take the view that all publicity is good publicity, that spoilers are part of hype, and that I am trying to protect sales rather than my readership. However, spoilers won't stop people buying the book, they never have - all it will do is diminish their pleasure in the book.
I dont know about you guys but I dont think she would try to stop people seeing the sopilers simply for sails. She's going to make plenty of money anyway.

"To the Dark Lord I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more. R.A.B."
R.A.B - HBP p569

notposs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 05:15   #7
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

I have just read an article this morning stating that TLC has said they will refuse to publish any spoilers on their sight. And that the ones mentioned are unconfirmed reports by some saying that they have access, but that even that isn't proven. This especialy being the last in the series . . . the big ending we have all been waiting for years to play out . . . makes it tempting for insensitive louts to try to steal their 15 minutes of fame with a lie. I personaly will steer clear of any spoilers, I want my journey through the final adventure to be the thrill ride it is meant to be!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 05:42   #8
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

The end of the entry was quite funny, the giant squid being Godric Gryffindor as the biggest animagus, she is such a laugh. What was that about coming at the eleventh hour though? Eleventh hour sounds very important.