Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Book, Film news and Polls! > Official JKRowling Website info

Official JKRowling Website info All the information from JK Rowling's official site

Old 15-05-2007, 03:34   #1
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

just realised

while perusing j.k's website i got a good look at the opening page (as my computer was being a touch slow) and realised all the gum wrappers. the ones in OOTP that neville's mother gives to him at st. mungoe's! i cant believe i only just realised. other than that i noticed little bits of paper with lists of HBP chapter titles and a list of all the members of the Gaunt family. There must be heaps more though, and i bet its important.
Old 16-05-2007, 05:26   #2
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Re: just realised

You know . . . I've wondered about all those gum wrappers. That is one thing that I don't think we have ever explored the significance of on here. But think . . . Has she ever used something so seemingly mundane for a great purpose? Could Nevil's wrapper collection help in some way? The fact that there are many on JKR's desk . . . Hmmmmm This is realy a tricky thought. We tend to make big things out of nothing on here so often LOL, but should that stop us???? Could be something to it . . . why gum wrappers instead of something else just as seemingly insignificant? As a matter of fact . . . I'm not certain, but do we ever hear of gum elsewhere in the books?

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 05:32   #3
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

peeves chews it and lupin does that spell to shove it up his nose, on j.k's desk on the website apart from the gum wrappers are ton tongue toffee's and other weasley treats obviously there for a laugh, but the gum wrappers...maybe just there to see if anyone would notice? I know i read somewhere that she said neville's mum isnt trying to send him any messages, and its more a sign of affection. I hope his parents get cured, do you think they will play a part in Deathly Hallows?
Old 16-05-2007, 06:05   #4
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH
do you think they will play a part in Deathly Hallows?
I say yes. They are alive . . . I think that if they didn't have a role to play that there would be no reason for them not to have been killed. I think Nevil would be just the way he is if they had died. I was thinking, maybe Nevil finds something important, but the only he can lead Harry to it is to leave a trail of wrappers . . . dang! . . . seems like I've heard something like this before . . . hmmmmm

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2007, 19:11   #5
happy_hannah
TFH Graduate

i think neville will have his day, remember how he won the house cup for gryffindor in PS/SS? i think dumbledore recognised something in him and knew with encouragement he would do well. Maybe he will have to stand up to his friends again?