Left Page Border
Makes the header linkable

Go Back   The Final Horcrux > Discussions on Books 1 thru 5 > Discussions on Prisoner of Azkaban

Discussions on Prisoner of Azkaban "If Black can break out of Azkaban ..."

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 18-04-2005, 10:15   #11
Haley's Comet
Mature Graduates

Re: Dementors, enough to give you the creeps!

I agree. 'The Village' was no where near as good as 'Signs'. Saying that, lets all hope that the 'Goblet Of Fire' movie will also be up to everyone's expectations when it comes out. We don't have too long to wait for the new H.P. book now.
Haley's Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 02:44   #12
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

I have no idea where to post this - so I'm posting it here.

What would happen to Voldemort if he had the Dementor's Kiss performed on him?

It would presumably only take one seventh of his soul. Could he then have other Horcrux-saved pieces re-inserted, and function again?

Actually, that gives me an idea - as Harry destroys these Horcuxes, what happens to the souls? do they go back to V - presumably making his appearance return to normal - or do they vanish?
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19   #13
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

my guess is that the soul bits are destroyed when the item is. I don't think it would be "allowed" for anyone who had ever created a horcrux to become "whole" again. Also, if they went back to Voldemort, and his appearance started to change back, don't you think that he would notice something was up? We were told that he has no idea that the two have been destroyed.

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Murphy's Law: "Whatever can go wrong, will."

Mad-eye Moody's Law: "Murphy was an optimist!"
Sirius Potter Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 18:56   #14
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius Potter Fan View Post
my guess is that the soul bits are destroyed when the item is. I don't think it would be "allowed" for anyone who had ever created a horcrux to become "whole" again. Also, if they went back to Voldemort, and his appearance started to change back, don't you think that he would notice something was up? We were told that he has no idea that the two have been destroyed.
Have to agree - JKR made it clear that when a Horcrux is destroyed Voldemort has no idea - if he suddenly started to look 'normal' again, I think thnat would set the alarm bells ringing!
If Voldemort had the dementor's kiss - interesting question actually!
I often wonder if there is a link between 'soul sucking' monsters and Voldemort having parts of his soul removed - it would appear that there is a coincidence here no?
I wonder - see if the last piece of soul inside him and is held safe, if you try and extract it a horcrux would kick in and stop it ... but maybe, would it?
Interesting - perhaps the Dementors are controlled by Voldemort because he cant be a meal to them - and they freak out!
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 15:06   #15
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz
perhaps the Dementors are controlled by Voldemort because he cant be a meal to them - and they freak out!
You know . . . that could be something. we are told they don't see or hear, but that they sense people by their emotions. Voldemort to them would definately seem out of the ordinary, and to any being, we fear what we cannot understand. That really makes sense!

There is no place I know to compare with pure imagination; living there you'll be free, if you truly wish to be.
_Willy Wonka

Old 04-07-2007, 08:08   #16
Alz
Head Unspeakable

Of course - if HiaH, could explain why they are drawn to him also right?
I think a diminished soul would be no meal to the dementors - they want nice strong emotions and a fully in-tact soul - Voldemort doesnt really seem to have any in abundance. He has the whole hate and anger thing down - but that is not a balanced meal really is it - they like the mixture of love, anguish, passion, fear - well the whole spectrum of emotion.
'Please, please, please, no ... not that, not that, I'll do anything ...'

Dumbledore - HBP Pg536

'Merely taking your life would not satisfy me..'
Dumbledore - OoTP "The only one he ever feared" Pg895
Alz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 21:56   #17
Sirius Potter Fan
Night Patroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alz
Of course - if HiaH, could explain why they are drawn to him also right?
ummmmm . . . sorry Alz . . . I'm just not seeing the logic there? If Harry were a Horcrux, and the Dementor's could sense part of Voldemort in him, I would think that it would pull them away from him, they would be confused, possibly thinking that it was Voldemort himself . . . (if Harry is a Horcrux, he most likely has the same or more of Voldemort's soul inside him that Voldemort himself has, as Voldemort has divided his soul many times. After six divisions Voldemort would have 1.5625% of a soul in him.)

_Willy Wonka

Old 05-07-2007, 03:51   #18
Dr Winterbourne
Time Turners

In the compartment on the train, after Harry, it is Ginny that is the most effected by the dementors. Is this because she has known more trauma than any of the others (which has always been my theory), or could it be the lingering trace of V's touch in her?
Dr Winterbourne is offline   Reply With Quote