a hint of things to come?

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
OK, here is a little something curious I came upon while doing a re-read of HBP . . . Dumbledore and Harry are in his office, discussing the prophecy coming true, and DD says . . .

Dumbledore-HBP said:
"You see, the prophecy does not mean you have to do anything! But the prophecy caused Lord Voldemort to mark you as his equal. ... In other words, you are free to choose your way, quite free to turn your back on the prophecy!

Then Harry thinks . . .

Harry-HBP said:
But he understood at last what Dumbledore had been trying to tell him. It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high.

Now is it just me, or . . . after seeing the US cover for DH . . . Harry and Voldemort in an arena . . . is this just not a little bit curious! Is Jo just throwing in a bit of a hint there that we totally missed? I can't help but wonder what other "blind" hints we might have missed!

Glumbumble

Time Turners
Good cross referencing there SPF. I think that the series has shown us three occasions where Harry has directly confronted Voldemort without the assistance of Dumbledore. I think that throughout the series, and particularly since the prophecy, we have been led to believe that the final confrontation would be some kind of gladiatorial confrontation between the two. The DH book cover seems to encourage this and I think that this may be another red herring as I do not think that the final confrontation will result in death of either Voldemort or Harry.