A little clue

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I was just reading a small article that has a glimer of something we may choose to speculate about . . .

contactmusic.com said:
Heyman, who has produced each of the Harry Potter films, also revealed that Rowling had in the past hinted to the movie's writers which minor characters would play significant roles in the latter books.

"There was one character who the writers had dropped from a screenplay, but when we showed Jo she said it would be wise to put them back in.

"But I'm not going to tell you who that character is!" he added.

you can read the entire article here . . . http://www.contactmusic.com/news.ns...r producer drops deathly hallows hint_1035276

OK, minor characters . . . any guesses who has lurked in the shadows but will take centerstage?

Arwan

Time Turners
My spur of the moment though was Crabb or Goyle. Maybe one of them will seek out Draco, or team up with Harry. If someone else comes to mind I will post it.

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I think it was meaning a very minor character, like Justin Finchflechy (or however it's spelled LOL) We heard of him in CoS, but not much since . . . my gut however is screaming GIRL for some reason though. Hannah Abbot has a role to play in HBP, but hasn't been important otherwise, and hasn't been mentioned hardly at all in the movies . . . but then if they haven't realy mentioned her . . . they can't be cutting her out then can they . . . Dean Thomas has been cast in the movies, but rarely is more than an extra with little or no lines . . . hmmmmmm

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
My first thought was Alberforth - but now I'm leaning towards Rita Skeeter.

Her presence never really made much sense in the movie of GoF; it would have been just as easy to leave that part of the story out as well. We know she's important in OotP, so, maybe.

In a reverse of this, I thought SPEW would become important - along the lines of Harry's friendships with all the other races being a major factor in his eventual victory against the Dark Lord - but if it was critical, I guess she would have vetoed its omission from GoF.

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
This is what I found today.

JKR: Character in 'OoTP' movie had to stay so he can appear in DH!
Source: MTV via HPANA
(Potential spoiler warning!) DO NOT open post if you dont want to be spoiled!!!

At the Harry Potter press conference on Saturday, producer David Heyman was tightlipped when responding to a question about whether a certain character was cut from Order of the Phoenix:

"Jo reads each draft," David Heyman had said. "She reads each screenplay, and she said, 'You know, I wouldn't do that if I were you. Or you can, but if you get to make a seventh film, you'll be tied in knots.'" "Which character was it?" the Boston Herald asked. "I thought you might ask that," Heyman teased. "I'm not going to say."

Well, director David Yates has now let slip to MTV that it was...

If you want to know see link below!

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2007/06/25/kreacher-comforts-mtv-solves-a-harry-potter-mystery/#more-369

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
Okay, so it's a character in OotP that people might overlook...

Alberforth still looks likely then.

Who else is in 5 that didn't really feature in 6? Wish I had a cast list to look through.

Arwan

Time Turners
Seeker - I never even thought of that character, I kinda purged that character from my mind. Now I am wondering just what important role the character will play!

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
That's who it was???? I heard about her insisting on that ages ago! I bet if someone digs around you can see a thread where we discussed it. All evening I have been thinking on what this "new" developement might be, and had convinced myself it had to be Lockhart . . . . Allways wondered why they brought him back into the picture in OotP . . . hmmmmm UGH!

Rory

Time Turners
Okay, so it's a character in OotP that people might overlook...
Who else is in 5 that didn't really feature in 6?

Kreacher. His only contribution to 6 is spying with Dobby. If he isn't needed in 7 he could have been dropped from the film versions of both 5 and 6.
Of course, Aberforth works too.

cj633

Time Turners
It could be Hagrid's LITTLE brother. He could have been easily cut from the movie but they have said he is in it, computer animated. He is mentioned in HBP as being at the funeral. In book 7 he could fight with Hagrid to defend the school or something. But I think it is more likely Kreacher.

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
I think I remember reading, going back during production of OoTP, they were planning to leave this character out of the film but suddenly decided to put it back in.
I guess it is just resurfacing again or maybe it was someones speculation at the time as to what would be 'in' and 'out' of OoTP.
You could argue even without RAB hinting - the charater still was important in OoTP & HBP ... so the relevance could be that of continuity of books no?
Could be a red herring - I cant believe JKR would be happy if the director was giving away massive clues ...

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
You know RAB . . . it will be interesting if we hear Sirius discussing the family tree. Unless a character mentioned there is important, I can see that being left out of the film. That will be very telling . . . unless he manages to bring Regulus into it in some other way (either Regulus will work) I hadn't thought of this before you mentioned it Alz . . . thanks!

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Well if Regulus is the man - there was no mention of that in the film. There was no obvious dialogs about Sirius and Regulus and I have seen the film twice now and didn't see Regulus on the family tree ... so we could once again have some black holes for those film only fans!