Alarm Bells and Scars!

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
You know it as well - for JKR to make a mention of it means that it is kinda important or at least has a reason ...

Going back to Boing's point about the sarcasm - what if indeed Dumbledore tried to say or do something based on his knee scar and it proved wrong?
Then indeed Fudge could give this sarcastic response :p

LOL - It so looks like a typo I know - I just love to look for things that arent there :eek:

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Well - I suppose a denial statement would work - but the way he comes out with it would be contra to someone trying to supress that?
Like the idea thou :D

kashlie

afraid of my own shadow
*insert evil grin* dredging up old stuff is my favourite thing to do when i am here alone *insert another evil grin*

My copy of GoF definately does not have the word 'never' in that sentence. Cool, huh!!

My take on it...Fudge has heard something of the Death Eater's mark, and thinks nothing of it. Perhaps he came across a DE who's little mark was burning and had to fend Fudge off or something along those lines...

Or yes, perhaps Dumbledore received his scar in a battle against evil, that rose again but he had no proof of it, and the evil disappeared, waiting to make its move...

ar har har....alarm bells are ringing in my head, saying STOP STOP STOP!!

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Kash hun - who do Oz use as publishers?
It would be interesting if they arent using Bloomsbury - that would mean we have two different, independant publishers using the same sentance ;)

kashlie

afraid of my own shadow
Blaise, all my copies are published by Bloomsbury, I purchased the first three through Booktopia, the fourth is second hand from Ebay and the OotP my mother bought for me from somewhere, but yes, all Bloomsbury. Maybe I'll email them and ask them about it?