dada's

Morfin Gaunt

dumbledores army
this has probably already been noted or discussed in some other thread, that i havent yet seen. any way iv noticed a pattern with dada and wondered what you all thought (if its not already being discussed)

so far every year the dada;'s teacher has not who these said they are (but not all in the same light, it can be taken many ways-there is at aleast one fake thing sometimes massive sometimes small)

Year one
Professer Quirrel- pretended to be a quivering wreck but actually had voldemort sticking out the back of his head

Year two

Proffeser Lockhart-prending to have done lots of amazing stuff but in reality was just a fake stealing every one elses glory

Year Three

Proffesser Lupin-pretending to be a normal man but was in fact a werewolf

Year four

Mad eye Moody- oviously prentending to be mad eye moody was infact an inposter by the name of barty crouch

Year five

Dorlores Umbridge-pretended to be sweet and girly when she was really a ruthless woman

Year 6

Severus Snape(supporting snape is evil theory though not sure i do) pretending to be loyal to dumbledore and then turning traitor and working for volemort

i know ss is not yet confirmed but looking at the pattern this is the way this should go-and the year 7 teacher who ever they may be if we do visit hogwarts again with harry- will we be able to trust them

are dada s teachers a long line secrets, fakes and lies

Last edited:

notposs

Time Turners
Severus Snape(supporting snape is evil theory though not sure i do) pretending to be loyal to dumbledore and then turning traitor and working for volemort

... or Severus Snape pretending to be loyal to Voldemort and then turning traitor and working for Dumbledore by following Dumbledore's orders to kill him?

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
Severus Snape(supporting snape is evil theory though not sure i do) pretending to be loyal to dumbledore and then turning traitor and working for voldemort

OR.....supporting the DIATSSISE theory....perhaps someone else pretending to be Snape.....just a thought....

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
Very interesting.

Well the job is cursed so that could have something to do with it. Snape himself had to know the job was cursed when he took it. He must have known he would only be there in that posistion for a short stay.

I wonder who will be next and if they will be not all they appear to be. And will this curse lift when Voldemort is defeated?

notposs

Time Turners
couldent they scrap dada and make a new leson called somthing else so that it wont be cursed... or do you think thats why Harry didnt teach the DA for a full year because he was teaching defence which is cursed?

Morfin Gaunt

dumbledores army
oh damn i thought if the pattern carrys on it cracks the 'is snape good or is snape evil' problem or course hes not who he says he is to at least one side
not of course that i really want to know......yet

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
First MG, that is a really good catch! and No, we havne't discussed it here. I had never thought of it in that light. The curse on the position is under discussion in another thread, but not the patern of all the teachers not being as they seem. Obviously, with Snape however, it remains an enigma . . . We can't be certain what it is he pretends to be, so we can not judge what he is in reality . (darn that genious of JKR!) We won't be introduced to any new characters in book 7, so the new teacher will be someone we know (or think we do!) guesses?

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
Alberforth, perhaps.

Does being a barman and not having told Harry he is Dumbledore's brother qualify as pretending to be something else?

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
You know DW, I thought about that when I was making my reply. as we have discussed in Aberforth's own thread, there is much more to him than it seems. I think he is the most likely candidate. But . . . is it as simple as him "pretending" to be the barman, or . . . is he someone else pretending to be Aberforth?

Morfin Gaunt

dumbledores army
aberforth hmmm
it does nessicarrly have to be some one else it can be some thing else like lupin in personality was all that he seemed(so far lol) but held a furry secret.
like turns in to an ogre after midnight (excuse the shrex analogy)

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
On a similar kind of path but also strong pointer towards Snape and Dumbledore being in cahoots - since Dumbledore knew the job was cursed and no-one had done more than a year - giving Snape that job that year was no risk to the man - Dumbledore knew he wouldn't complete the year in the job!

Back on course to the thread - nice observation MG - perhaps at the end of book 7 it will be safe again to be the DADA teacher!