Harry Potter Theme Park!

Arwan

Time Turners
That is so cool!!! I like the idea not just because I really like Harry Potter but it will be like living the dream world I feel when I read the books or watch the movies so hi ho hi ho off the passport office I go ( I hear it is taking months to get one so I best be ready )

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I'm wondering (dreaming) just what types of rides and attractions there will be . . . A haunted castle is a must, and of course tons of magic shows . . . a Quidditch themed roller coaster . . . a fun house with moving staircases and slides down pipes . . . an underwatter ride with merpeople and a giant squid . . . and a Hagrid's hut carousell is a must with hippogriffs, unicorns, centaurs, dragons, spiders, (thestrals would be cool too, but not everyone could see them! they might scare the kiddies) Hogsmead & Diagon alley gift centers with Honey dukes, The Three Broomsticks, Olivanders, and definately magic shops . . . Hogwarts Express to ride, with a hollographic platform 9 3/4 you could actualy go through . . . a first years boat ride . . . Ford Anglia go carts . . . A huge "Great Hall" Restraunt where you are sorted, and have some type of competition to see which house wins (kind of like "Medevil Times" restraunts in Dallas and LA). . . . of course there will be tons of costumed characters (they can skip the dementors though) . . . should I be copywritting these ideas???? It's so much fun just thinking about it, I can't wait to experience it!

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Outside Playing Quidditch
Yeah and it would also be fun to dress everyone up in wizard costumes too imagine the kids faces when they and their families get to dress up like wizards to go to a Harry Potter theme park i mean it would be so much fun you could wear your house colours lol and not to mention the wands lol but im too far away to ever go to that anyway i couldnt afford it so we will never experience it i will just have to look at the pics on the net and stuff and read about all the fun you guys have lol :D which im sure would be plenty, maybe they do it in australia lol just kidding they wouldnt. :(

Arwan

Time Turners
SPF You need to move to Florida and get a job designing this theme park your idea's are brilliant.

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Thanks Arwan! wish they would hire me! A few more ideas my hubby and I came up with . . .

Knight Bus Ride . . . shifting beds and all!

A shrieking shack fun house

some kind of carnival game where you have to blow up Aunt Marge

"laser tag" wand duels (laser wands!)

Durmstrang swinging ship

Department of Mysteries spinning room (I personaly hate those, they give me a headache, but the kids love them)

The hedge maze from the triwizard tournament

Gringots rollercoaster (maybe even an ATM at the end)

a Theater/cafe where you can have lunch while they continuously play the movies on a large screen

A game where you throw darts at Proffesor Umbridge

They have to have something with the Burrow . . . just can't figure what

A hall with real takling and moving portraits (a costumed actor on camera, who can hear and see the guests beside the portrait) Sir Cadogan will be a must!:p

of course the park maps will be "marauder's maps"

And since you just couldn't get it all done in a day, a castle hotel that looks just like Hogwarts!

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

That sounds like lots of fun SPF i think id love to go to yours instead lol..
maybe if you took it to the road like a circus and bring it to aussie land so i can enjoy the fun lol :D .. (just kidding) but it would be lots of fun
maybe you should protect your ideas hmmm :rolleyes:
anyway i love your ideas and i agree on the headaches i know what you mean
i wish i could think of some to add to it too but my minds blank but i had fun reading yours and picturing it.

Sir

Through the Veil
Sweet - I might have to gate crash at my grandmother's in Orlando sometime if this actually happens :p Who wants to go to the Disney parks when you can go to this instead ???

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Actualy, as far as "protecting my ideas", most likely they have already thought of many similar ideas and themes, but have they not, I have these posts right here dated on the server so should i need any proof that "I thought of that first" it's here! (As long as Alz pays his bills!) But as I said, I'm sure they have already thought of most of these . . . I mean they do this for a living right? I just hope that I can go sometime . . . although I'm in the US, it is a big place, and from Oklahoma to Orlando, Florida is 1,200 miles . . . just a little furthen than someone from the UK going to Rome, Italy. And for me, that would be driving with 5 kids in the van too!

Rubeus

Time Turners
I live only 440 miles from Orlando. And i am a truck driver that goes by the hwy 27 gate at least 3 times a week. My office is 12 miles from the hwy 27 gate ..... lol wish you were here!!!!!!!

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
This is too cool. I only hope it will be as awesome as we all imagine it could be.

i think everyone should be sorted upon entering the park and maybe get something to symbolize your house. (House pin?)

A potions show featuring Snape would be cool. (Or a hand on make your own potions room)

Maybe a dark ride that features the forbidden forest?

I am sure they can come up with a cool simulater ride to duplicate either the knight bus or broom flying.

kashlie

afraid of my own shadow
i had better start saving!!!!!

ahhhhhh ahhhhhhh i'm going to go to Hogwarts and Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade and Beauxbatons and Durmstrang and and and *faint*

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

LOL i know what you mean KASHLIE lol, i think i will have to win the lotto to be able to go lol :D and by the time i actually win it i think it would be built and open by then lol:rolleyes:

kashlie

afraid of my own shadow
we could go together...two 25 year old aussies, flying out to live the dream of so many 12 year olds....

i'd have to take my kids though. i don't think they would take too kindly to being left behind while mummy goes to see Harry Potter in real life :eek:

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Wow! I didn't know you had that! That is really cool! No I'm going to have to have my hubby take me to Austrailia for sure! I would love to walk on that set! It would feel soooooo cool!

horcruxfinder

Time Turners
Too bad. I don't often get up there - I just fly in, kids in tow, visit my in-laws, have time with family and fly out. I haven't been up there in ages.