Votes: 10 30.3%
  • 700-800 pages

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Over 800 pages

Votes: 12 36.4%

• Total voters

Arwan

Time Turners
I really, really hope it is much longer, just because I can't stand the thought of it all be over. So the longer the better. However I will probably read it none stop till it is done. But I suppose one good thing is the reread and analysis. I really thing this book will be so shocking it will blow my mind!

Fortescue

Totally Potterfied!
I imagine it could be shorter than HBP, although I won't like that. It didn't seem to take her long to write it. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just my opinion.

My favorite book was OotP, mostly because it was longer and so involved. Those are my kind of stories. But I voted 500-600 as my guess. I just can't picture her putting the answers to all the questions she left open at the end of book 6 in 600 pages.

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
To be honest, I would be really disappointed if the book is less than 800 pages. Because as Forte said, in a 600 page book, JKR cant answer even half of the questions we fans have. I expect her to at least answer the crucial ones. And for that, the book must be at least longer than HBP if not longer than OoTP.

Padma Patil

Dumbledore's Girl
I ought to be 777 pages long, don't you agree? ;-)

Funny... that would be very funny actually.

I voted over 800. I just really want it to be long because A: I don't want it to end and B: I can't imagine her answering everything in less than 700.

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Outside Playing Quidditch
I voted over 800 aswell, but i think its more wishful thinking more than anything else, but i really hope it is over 800 because like alot of other people have said there is alot to answer and i dont know how she will be able to do it in a shorter book than that :)

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
I put 600-700.

It seems about right. Though I would love 800+ pages.

It didn't take her too awful long to write it but she did know exactly what she was going to do with the story so it could be possible it will be longer than we think!

I would have voted 1000+ if it was an option, cuz I simply can't see her wrapping alllllllllllll the loose ends up in anything less. Anyone else got it pre-ordered at Amazon.com yet?

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I haven't pre-ordered yet, I guess I'm waiting to see where all the big parties are going to be. Say if Borders is having a party I'll pre-order there. I'm not worried about not being able to get a book. Last time with HBP Wal Mart had more than enough . . . had a whole palet full left after all those waiting in line had theirs. July just seems so far away!

nymphadora

Time Turners
I voted 600-700 pages. Just seems reasonable. I think any longer and it'll get too long... though I don't want it to be over :( . I'm just going to wait and get it at Walmart or Zellers the day it comes out... it's usally even cheaper than pre-ordering

Piper

Time Turners
I wanted 777 pages, but then again, I wanted it to be released on 07/07/07 and it isn't going to be :(

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
OK, heard a rumor . . . not sure how reliable it is but wanted to run it by you all. In line for concessions at a movie over the weekend I got to talking with someone beside me about Harry Potter (is there anything else to talk about?) We mentioned how many questions there are to be answered, and how long a book it will have to be. He told me he saw on AOL that two versions were coming out, an adult and childrens version, the adult version was around 1,100 pages, the children's shorter, and more disturbing things edited out. Has anyone else heard anything like this? or if you have AOL could you check it out?

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
That was the one thing the person I talked to mentioned, that the children's version would have a different ending. YOu can take that differen't ways of course, differente entirely, like in one Harry dies and in the other he lives, or different only in unimportant detail, the amount of pain, screaming, blood, violence etc. I just can't see her taking the first option, too wishy washy.

Sir

Through the Veil
I'm feeling a solid 600 to 700 pages on this one (Not that I would complain if it was much longer :p)

happy_hannah

Time Turners
it couldnt be less than 500 because there is so much to reveal that the end of every chapter would have to be a revelation, over 800 pages would be good only because i dont want it to end. plus if there were two versions i think j.k would say that on her website, i doubt there are two versions