How many twists..........

Dunky

Time Turners
Havin just about read thru most of this excellent site......i have realised many people share my theories and there are many many more i didnt even think of!!

I can't see there being TOO many twists in book 7 otherwise it will lose some credibility....
so......
i was wondering what people think are the most likely twists to occur and how many...................

i say no more than 2 BIG twists...my vote goin to Dumbledore being alive ang Harry being a horcrux........

Glumbumble

Time Turners
Welcome Dunky,

An interesting question. It is true that nothing can be left to the next book and there is an awful lot of tying up of loose ends to be undertaken.

I expect the first twist we will see will be a suprise relating to Aunt Petunia. There have been many suggestions on this and other sites as to what that may be but I feel JKR will have quite a big suprise in store there.
I expect that Snape will confoud all and be the good guy in the end, because of his love for Lily.
I think that Harry will kill Voldemort but I do not think that Harry will be "in this realm" by the end of the book..

Dumbledore said way back at the beginning,

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. You know, the Stone was really not such a wonderful thing. As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all -- the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.

secret seeker

The Half Blood Prince
If I had to guess on ONLY 2 big twists it would be Sirius alive by the middle of book seven, and Snape 's revelation....about???????:eek:

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Harry being a horcrux is one I would like to cling to - second is RAB isnt Regulus ...
Then of course the big ones - the reason Dumbledore trusted Snape and lastly - Dumbledore was evil ...

At least one of those is right - there is a twist in the Dumbledore/Snape thing I tell ya!

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Outside Playing Quidditch
Harry being a horcrux is one I would like to cling to - second is RAB isnt Regulus ...
Then of course the big ones - the reason Dumbledore trusted Snape and lastly - Dumbledore was evil ...

At least one of those is right - there is a twist in the Dumbledore/Snape thing I tell ya!

I would say only the one about Dumbledore and Snape would have to be right on that one being the twist i would have to say on that matter that the rest i cant agree with but thats just my opinion...:)

Hermione2

Time Turners
Sorry Alz I have to agree with Hoggy Warty Hogwarts i find it very hard to beleive that Dumbledore is EVIL -No way!

In regards to twists I think There are going to be a few
1. Harry is a Horcrux
2. RAB is not Regulas Black
3. Snape is GOOD
4. Dumbledore returns but in another form such as an animal/portrait ect

M.A.H.

Time Turners
Malfoy turns out to be good(how about that)
Dumbledore returns, either living or in a portret, as Hermoine2 suggested. But as an evil character? Can't imagine.

And I excpect some freay Snape stuff, but I don't know what it will be: JKR has never been predictable.

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
The alarmingly brilliant thing about JKR is how She is able to , time & again, hit me with twists that A.) I never saw coming, and B.) I should have seen coming. I think the most likely twists are those that are not being talked about as frequently. I have to disagree, though, with Dunky's initial postulation that there won't be "too many twists" in Book 7----I think it's going to wind like a mountain road, and She will do so with such ubiquitous skill and craftiness that none of it will seem gratuitous, and we won't feel cheated or surprised. I stick to my assertion that She has, in one way or another, already told the entire tale---we just haven't put it all together from what She has given us.
If I had to pick the "most likely" twists, I'd have to go with Dudley being the one to do magic relatively late in life (I went into great detail on this idea in the thread titled "Dudley's Wizardry"), Dumbledore is alive (I still think he is a phoenix, and therefore he can be killed, which means She can say he's "definitely dead" without lying---he's just going to come back to life like any good phoenix will do), and Fred & George have a connection to Albus & Aberforth.

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
Ok how about this.
JKR never really said that "Albus Dumbledore is dead."
she just said "Dumbledore is done, finished."
What if Abeforth Dumbledore switched with Albus Dumbledore on that night and was posing as Albus, while Albus was on something even more important.
Depending on what Dark Lord's order to Draco was. If he said that Draco has to kill Dumbledore, then Snape didnt really break the Vow, did he? Because he just did that. He killed Dumbledore, not Albus, but Abeforth.
Now if Dark Lord was picky, and really mentioned that he wanted Albus Dumbledore dead, :D then it is a different stroy.

By the way, I love that Phoenix theory too. At the funeral Harry spots a Pheonix flying into the white flames. which phoenix is it, though? ;)

M.A.H.

Time Turners
But then Dumbledore had to sacrifice his own brother!! I can't believe he would ever do that(and therefor it would be a brilliant twist). Do you think he can live with the guild he feels when he indirectly has killed his own brother?

The phoenix is a brilliant thought, but doesn't make that Dumbledore more dan an ordinary man? And I had the idea Dumbledore is not so into immortality...

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
But then Dumbledore had to sacrifice his own brother!! I can't believe he would ever do that(and therefor it would be a brilliant twist). Do you think he can live with the guild he feels when he indirectly has killed his own brother?

The phoenix is a brilliant thought, but doesn't make that Dumbledore more dan an ordinary man? And I had the idea Dumbledore is not so into immortality...

When I said that, I meant that Albus did it not knowing the fate of his brother. Or maybe his brother was already dying or something. I know it is a bit too reaching.....
but dig this.....
How Voldemort would feel when he finds out that Dumbledore is a Phoenix? (Meaning that Dumbledore is Immortal)
:eek:
Voldemort would hold his head between two hands and cry like a baby. Wouldnt he? :D

happy_hannah

Time Turners
see by twist i think of it as something that really shocks me. something i never would see coming. and this could be a minor or major twist, a previous example of a minor would be finding out that hogwarts cant keep a DAtDA teacher since they declined voldemort, a major being at the end of PoA finding out sirius isnt evil.
so with that in mind, i think their will be both
minor- whoever does magic, and i think this will be for humorous purposes so i guess filch
major- the revolation of dumbledore's super prophecy plan to end voldemort via sacrificing the potters. though j.k has said we will find out something MAJOR about lily, though i think this will be her awareness of dumbledore's plan

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
HH I agree on Filch . . . I can just see him hopping around laughing and shouting "I did magic! I did magic! Where are those Weasley's now . . ." ;)

Here we have fairly defined twists, but I think what real twists there are will likely be ones we haven't thought of or been told of. We will find out one way or the other on Snape, but I wouldn't call that a twist . . . the twist would be if at the end we still don't know if Snape is good or evil!!!!! Whether considered a twist or not, I think we will find that DD had at least to some extent orchestrated most of the events of Harry's life to lead him to defeat Voldemort. Harry may indeed be dead at the end of the book but I see it more likely being that he is the one who becomes the teacher at Hogwarts and is said to have died at the age of 173. (If I get that right . . . I'm applying for the Divination Job . . . I'm much better than Trelawny!) I think a twist likely in finding the next to the last Horcrux, it will be something unexpected . . . only makes sense that she left all this for us to think about and hunt for, then make it something we would never suspect!

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
I don't know that Dumbledore will be shown to be EVIL - but I think he will be shown to be far more ruthless in his efforts to make sure Harry can defeat Voldemort - including orchestrating the deaths of the Potters. (I think this is what he is guilty about when he drinks that potion). But I don't think this is really a twist.

There's been so much on Snape - both his being evil and being good - that it's hard to say which would be the twist.

There's something about Harry's eyes that could come out.

And about Aunt Petunia, too.

The centaurs seem to believe Harry will die. I think he will. He definitely will. But he might come back.

Fleur'll get pregnant.

Ginny too.

Ron and Hermione have always bickered like a narried couple, so there's no surprises there.

I'd like to see Dudders stick it up something hideous, to save Harry. He must have some feelings after that Dementor business.

And it was a joke about Ginny.

Lovegood54

Luna's Biggest Fan!
i think the most likely twist will be that Petunia is actually an alien from the planet Zorex (since JKR has said that she is not a wizard, but there is more to her, and she is not exactly a muggle(i think)) and she is on Earth to help Harry defeat Voldemort, and then kill harry and proceed to take over the world! MUH HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

ok, but seriously, i think that we will find out something more about Petunia, like that she actually loves harry and actually sacrifices herself to save him in the end, and performing the same charm her sister did when she died to save harry. this then gives harry a protection that both he and voldemort are unaware of (seeing as they dont think muggles can perform any kind of magic what-so-ever) and this sacrifice saves harry's life in the end (in the case of his being a horcrux, it cancels it out and harry is no longer one)

the other major twist i see may actually be that Vernon is a wizard. hmmm, that just floated into the top of mind. wierd. but maybe he is, would make for an interesting twist.

another twist i can seriously see coming is that the mirror of Erised plays an important role in defeating Voldemort, like harry gets it and sees himself finding the horcruxes and over coming the obstacles which protect them. now that would be a twist! afterall, JKR has said that we will see the mirror of Erised again, right? the twist might be that it can be used to see how you successfully do something (since it technically would be harry's heart desire to know how to defeat voldemort). interesting idea.

or maybe it is simply that Snape actually is evil, and harry defeats him as well as voldemort.

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
With regards to Snape - perhaps it will come out that he has been working tirelessly and faithfully for the Order to defeat the Dark Lord.

But that he has has intentions to rise to the empty throne.

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
I'm deep in the heart of OotP again at the moment, and only noticed this for the first time: Ron says that there is as much chance of winning the Quidditch Cup as there is of his Dad becoming Minister for Magic. Well, they won the Cup.

The Weasley family - they are old, they have had various sons as Head Boy, and Quidditch caprains. They have unprecidented closeness with The Boy Who Lived. Thay are visible and obvious opponents of the Death Eaters, they're all in the Order. They were intimitely involved in the Tri-wizard Cup - Dragon handlers, Judgers, Fleur was a contestant. They sat in the top box at the World Cup, rubbing shoulders in a natural and not sycophantic way

I reckon Arthur might end up Minister for Magic, if he can keep himself alive and do something about that git Percy.

Lovegood54

Luna's Biggest Fan!
the only problem with your theory winterbourne is that JKR has said that Arthur Weasly will not become minister of magic.

Rory

Time Turners
Not quite.
On her website she was asked "Will Arthur Weasley become the NEXT Minister of Magic." she replied "Alas, no." That was the whole reply. The NEXT MoM was, of course, Rufus Scrimgeour. There is the possibility that Arthur could eventually end up as MoM. But do you really think he would WANT the job?

tobias

Time Turners
He has not wanted the job, but maybe that is why he is perfect for it.

I mean, would you really want someone in power who is dying to be in power?
I would want someone like Arthur, someone who would have to be basically begged and pleaded to take the job.

Be a great way to align/join/bring together the muggle and wizard worlds: have a muggle loving Minister for magic...