How many twists..........

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I think that you pegged it right with the aurors being somewhat like the FBI, but I think more specificaly they may be a mix between ghe FBI and a SWAT team. They don't handle the mundane stuff . . . exploding toilets etc. but they take on the dark wizards, and though ones like Voldemort and Grindewald only come around every 50 years or so, there will always be wanna-be's causing trouble. However, I think that after Voldemort Harry may find himself bored dealing with such inept dark wizards, then he may decide to teach.

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
Now we are drawing close to the arrival of the book, does anyone else think that maybe we could start a thread of our own private and final predictions - not fun speculations; what we really think - on the issues we are basically sure will be addressed.

I was thinking: Identity of the 4 horcruxes; Head Boy and Girl; The 4 deaths; DADA teacher; RAB; for starters.

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
That's definately a good idea DW. I had suggested to our long absent leader Alz some time ago that we have a thread that we can post our "final conclusions" to, but that would be hidden where none can read it untill after the book has been released. At the time he liked the idea and said he would look into how to do it, but I haven't heard any more, and he hasn't been around much lately. So, obviously there isn't anything yet.

Let's give it till right at a month prior to release (June 20) to start the thread if Alz doesn't come up with anything I'll look into what we can do. It will be a one post per person rule, and no changing once posted, so in the mean time be getting your final thoughts and predictions in order, from the obvious to the obscure . . . We will still need to find a way to make it unreadable till after the book is out so we aren't influenced by other's ideas.

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
I love the idea! Help us, Alz!!! You're our only hope!!!!

In any case, whenever you decide to start this thread, and under whatever format, I'm there! Sounds like fun, and we need some of that----it seems we have exhausted most of our usual avenues and now we're all just getting anxious (or more so).

notposs

Time Turners
By the way, are any of you in contact with Alz outside of the site? If so what is up with his absence... well any of the Unspeakables for that matter?

(Alz hasnt been active since 16-03-2007)

Last edited:

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Well, Alz's employment often sends him out of country . . . way out sometimes. I suppose it it possible that his access to the internet is limited where he is, but i wish he would drop in and say hi once in a while, or even say all my theories are wrong!

notposs

Time Turners
Well I just hope he keeps payment up for the server, without TFH I would have to join mugglenet or somthing instead.:(

horcruxfinder

Time Turners
Didn't he mention that he was moving? Certainly, I don't know anything as I have only been on the site since November. But, I do remember him checking in briefly and saying that he is moving when the new book comes out and that this messes up his usual getting and reading of it.

I am in favor of the new thread - I don't know what it would be like to put my theory down in writing. I am certain though that I would love the opportunity to read your (all of your) theories.

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
Interesting thoughts.

I would think the horcrux hunt will turn up some interesting twists along the way and I hope DD's portait will be able to shed some light on why he trusts Snape so much.

Wouldn't it be funny if Aunt Petunia does indeed have some magic in her? I always hoped that she would redeem herself in the end and help Harry somehow. (It's the least she could do)

And I hope Dumbledore is properly dead. It would be so old school for him to do a Gandolf...

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I looked at all of Alz's most recent posts (over 2 months ago) and noting was said about him moving, just a reference that he had to wait an extra 8 hours to get his book this time because he wasn't in the UK. So It sounds like wherever he is, he is going to be there a while. . . I have sent emails to both Alz and Tonks (the only current unspeakable) about the thread, but haven't heard anything as of yet. I will keep all posted. I do have some ideas, but we'll wait till there is some type of "official" agreement.

Seeker - I am so torn on the DD issue. I totaly agree that pulling a Gandalf would be too much of a "cheat" for Rowling, but at the same time there is just something that buggs me about his death. One thing, I think we have to consider, is that when JKR wrote her outline for the whole series was before the LOTR movies came out, and thus before LotR was as widely read or known as now. The very catch phrase "pull A Gandalf" didn't exist then. Then when you also look at the many parallels in the two series, it almost cries out that DD will return. But . . . with the new revival of LotR, and the common use of the phrase "pull a Gandalf" could Rowling have had an "eleventh hour" change of heart and decided to leave him dead? And . . . could that be why she made the comment to Radcliffe, "I'm having trouble with Dumbledore" . . . because she was having a hard time trying to get a portrait, a brother, and a pensive, to take the place of what was supposed to have been a living Albus Dumbledore?

OK, yes I have broached on another thread, part of this probably does belong with the DD is alive thread, but also here, as that would be a twist would it not?;)

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
It would be a twist either way Sirius.

I just hope for a more original last book is all. I don't JK will let us down.

Dr Winterbourne

Time Turners
Another twist that may pop up is the return of Norbert.

I dare say Charlie will bring him up to Hagrid at the wedding.

He could be quite handy if there's a great big battle; especially is he remembers his mummy.

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
OH! you know, I had forgotten all about him! That would be too cool! I can just see Harry riding a flaming dragon, searing an army of Deatheaters! (GB, could this be more McCaffrey parallels?) I think Norbert will be tame for Hagrid, unlike the movie, Hagrid did raise Norbert for some time, untill he was getting too big for the hut, so it is most likely that he will remember his "mummy" as well as his Auntie Hermionie, and Uncles Harry and Ron!

Lovegood54

Luna's Biggest Fan!
the only problem with the "Tame Norgbert" twist is that JKR has said herself that it is impossible to train dragons in her world. she said so in an interview,

"You can't domesticate a dragon whatever Hagrid thinks. That's simply impossible."
-- J.K. Rowling (RC)

so yeah, i doubt Charley will bring Norbert to the wedding. But that doesnt mean we might not see him again, because Charlie may have to relocate Norbert, and tells hagrid that Norbert will be coming through, and we would hear about him second hand. so yeah, harry wont be riding any dragons.