• Harry will kill Voldemort

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Harry will sacrifice himself to kill Voldemort and they both die

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Voldemort curses Harry but the spell rebounds and kills Voldemort

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Voldemort kills Harry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • They shake hands and decide to co-exist until they die of natural causes.

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
:D Hey GB, I cant believe you gave that last option.
I would love to see that happen. People will hunt down JKR and AK her for doing that to us.
:D

Glumbumble

Time Turners
You never know CC. Without his Horcruxes and his powers he could be cast out of the Garden of Eden to live as a Muggle. What greater punishment could there be?

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Well, I guess I'll be the first to openly pony up and say how I voted and why . . .
I chose that Voldemort will curse Harry and the curse will rebound killing Voldemort, as far as why, see the "a gleam of something like triumph" thread . . . (at least I think that's where I said it . . . )

HOWEVER Being a woman, I reserve the right to change my answer without notice!

Anyone else brave enough to support their answer?

Glumbumble

Time Turners
I have never heard the expression "pony up." However, I voted the same way. I think that we will have a book that spends a good deal of time on the search for the Horcruxes that will take HRH all over the place. In the end Harry will sacrifice himself and some combination of Harry's/Lily's blood in Voldemort and Lily's eyes looking up at the embattered Voldemort will do for him. Voldemorts curse will rebound and he will either die or loose his powers completely.

SnarkologyMajor

Time Turners
Hey-as I am also a woman, I reserve that right too! This is fun:D I voted that Harry will sacrifice himself to destroy Voldemort, for some of the same reasons SPF voted that the curse will rebound. They not only share the some blood now-they were already connected in many aspects. I like to think that somehow Harry will be able to come back though:D It could be a twist on Finnegan begin again;)

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
Blimey! these women are just impossible..... they want an escape route before the arguement even starts....... :D
Well, I can say that I voted for the curse to kill Harry and Voldemort both. (with Harry and company knowing about it ahead of time.)
I think that the blood protection is gone. The time his blood was used to bring Voldemort back, the blood protection was gone. I think what he is facing now is a wizard's debt. His body has Harry's blood, which was taken forcefully. I think that he can definitely kill Harry, but by doing so, he will be killed too.
I wonder if this will involve the rat (Peter) somehow. Maybe the rat will finally come to his senses, and reveal this secret to Harry.

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
You never know CC. Without his Horcruxes and his powers he could be cast out of the Garden of Eden to live as a Muggle. What greater punishment could there be?
Then they are not really shaking hands, are they? I would love to see him lose his powers as a wizard and forced to live as a muggle though. ;)

You forgot to add one more catagory. Alz's favourite.
Harry will turn out to be a horcrux too, and in process of destroying him, Voldemort will get blasted again. This time not returning because all the rest of the horcuxes would have been destroyed.

Glumbumble

Time Turners
Doesn't look as if I can add that one at this stage he will have to vote for both dying.

However, Alz could start up a thread after DH is released entitled "How JKR got it wrong" and we could have a poll about how the series should have ended.:D

Last edited:

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
I, too, voted for the rebounding curse, but I think it might not kill him, but rather reduce him to something completely powerless....I like the idea of V being sentenced to life as a muggle...

G----I chuckled when you said you'd never heard the expression "pony up", then noticed that SPF is from Tulsa---cowboy county---OOPS----cowGIRL country. I love language, and idiomatic speech is one of my favorite things to study----I love the colloquial!

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
Trust me, S----I'm just a hillbilly from Virginia----not making fun of anybody----I just thought it was funny that G had never heard "pony up"....

Glumbumble

Time Turners
I know this is going off topic somewhat but I started the thread so I don't mind.

I am still at a bit of a loss to understand this "pony up." :rolleyes:

I found a definition

TheFreeDictionary said:
po·ny Pronunciation (pn)
n. pl. po·nies
1. Any of several types or breeds of horses that are small in size when full grown, such as the Shetland pony.
a. Informal A racehorse.
b. Sports A polo horse.
3. Something small for its kind, especially a small glass for beer or liqueur.
4. A word-for-word translation of a foreign language text, especially one used secretly by students as an aid in studying or test-taking. Also called crib, trot.
5. Chiefly British The sum of 25 pounds.
tr. & intr.v. po·nied, po·ny·ing, po·nies
To study with the aid of a pony: pony a lesson; ponied all night before the exam.
Phrasal Verb:
pony up Slang
To pay (money owed or due).

I have yet to recieve any money from SPF!:D

Padma Patil

Dumbledore's Girl
I voted Harry will sacrifice himself while killing Voldemort. I'd like to see him live, but after reading an interview with JKR (The Edinburgh Book Festival) I just get the feeling that he will die. Though JKR didn't let anything slip, I just get the feeling.

JKR Interview said:
In your stories, will Harry Potter ever grow up as a wizard?
Well, I don't think it is giving too much away to say that he will survive to book seven, mainly because I do not want to be strangled by you lot, but Iam not going to say whether he grows any oder than that because I have never said that. You are good at putting me on the spot!

JKR Interview said:
If you could be one of the characters for a day, who would it be?
Definitely not Harry, because I would not want to go through it all. I know what is coming for him so there is no way that I would want to be him. ...

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
Dont try to analyze the cowboy/girl terms, laddie.....
half of them were invented in bars, and rest of them were home made..... :D
I am from michigan, USA. But lived most of my life down in corpus christi, Texas.
I always loved those southern people. Good at heart, and very friendly once you get to know them.
Anyways how do you guys think that the curse will rebound anymore? We all agree that the blood protection is gone, dont we? So the only way curse can rebound now is if Harry is a Horcrux too.
I think even without the whole debate, rebounding the curse would be a cliche' anyways.....
Sounds too predictable, and simple. I dont think JKR has done anything predictable or simple yet, has she?
I still think that Harry will end up sacrificing himself, thus, joining his true family and the Godfather.

Sir Cadogan

Noble Heart, Steely Sinew
... the only way curse can rebound now is if Harry is a Horcrux too ...

How do you figure that out? Where does it ever say that Horcruxes are curse-proof so that they would reflect an AK curse on its originator? I can't remember reading anything like that anywhere.
Could you explain, please?

Glumbumble

Time Turners
Well CC the argument is better put on other threads but basically it goes two wands with the same cores will not attack each other hence the priori incantatum incident. The proposition here is that wizards who share the same blood may not be able to curse each other, especially if Dumbledore has cast some old magic at the time that Voldemort was reborn. The idea that Dumbledore was present at the rebirth comes from the observation that he exhibited a triumphant smaile quickly followed by an appearance of tiredness, It has been suggested that he may have used a time-turner to go back to witness the rebirth and maybe add something to the pot. Either way Voldemort now has a mix of good blood, from Harry/Lily and bad blood from his Slytherin lineage. As a result it may be that any curse he aims at Harry will rebound because he has Harry's blood coursing through his veins but Harry will be able to curse Voldemort because he has none of Voldemort's blood in his veins.
The imposter Moody said that the unforgivable curses require powerful magic behind them so there is something that the wizard adds to the curse in addition to the silly wand waving and incantations. Bellatrix also said you have to mean it, you really have to want to hurt someone and enjoy it to use the cruciatas curse. So we are banking on the fact that when the time comes for Voldemort to try to curse Harry a combination of his blood in Voldemort's veins and Lily's eyes looking at him will be his downfall.

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
I thought that the thread title justified the debate. How will it all end.
I seriously have begun to think that this time turner thing has been blown a little out of proportion. Heck, if DD is travelling back and forth on time turner like that to change and manipulate events, why doesnt he just go back in time to that orphanage, and kill the young Voldemort?
I cant argue now that the time turner idea was whacky on JKR's part. I think that was the only cheesy part in whole stroyline. She owns the books and story, so she can do what ever she wants. Or maybe she put the time turners in the story to keep us confused.
If two wizards who share blood cant kill each other as a general, most kids would not be able to kill parents, or vice versa, would they? That theory can be right if DD has another protection arranged for Harry. Then again our debate of TT kicks in.
Cadogan, I agree, that the horcrux thing was just a throw in. I dont support the theory either, but I threw in to get a chuckle out of some who supports it. :D

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Outside Playing Quidditch
Well, I guess I'll be the first to openly pony up and say how I voted and why . . .
I chose that Voldemort will curse Harry and the curse will rebound killing Voldemort, as far as why, see the "a gleam of something like triumph" thread . . . (at least I think that's where I said it . . . )

HOWEVER Being a woman, I reserve the right to change my answer without notice!

Anyone else brave enough to support their answer?

I agree 100% to everything you said :p i also voted for the 3rd one as i would love to see that happen and i wonder what the outcome would be after that happened, they could all live happily ever after :D