It Didn't Work!

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
This is just a little incident I thought you might enjoy me sharing . . .

This morning when I was happily expecting to sleep in a bit, my daughter comes in and wakes me up early (of course, it's summer vacation, who wants to sleep!) once the fog cleared and I could think, I realized and said - "Oh man! I forgot the premeir of one of my favorite shows was last night, and I missed it!" To which my daughter quickly replies - "Why don't you just use your time turner and go back and watch it!"

So, I go and get my time turner my hubby bought me at Borders, put it around my neck . . . figured out how many turns it would need to take me back to just before the show started . . . I very carefully counted each turn, watched as it began to spin, and then finally stopped. I was still in present time! It didn't work!!!! Guess I'll have to catch a rerun or maybe find someone who recorded it.:(

I guess next time I need to ask my hubby to go to Diagon alley instead of Borders . . . much more reliable things there I think!:p

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
You have either confirmed your status as a Muggle, or your husband bought it at Weasley's, and instead of turning time back it turned your hair bubble gum pink----quick----find a mirror!!!!

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
YOu know whata MB? . . . you may be right! I checked my mirror, and sure enough, not bublegum pink, but several of my usualy black hairs are now a silverish color!

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
aah..... now I dont feel so bad....
My wife showed me a couple silvers yesterday on my head..... and I am only 30 :eek:
SPF, I have tried wands, things that look like portkeys, broom even once when no one was home, and finally decided that my magical abilities are imaginary only.
Now I am just waiting for my daughter's letter to arrive from Hogwarts....... but since she is only 7 months, I guess I will have to wait.....
:D:D:D

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
Hey I am still waiting for my letter and I am way older than 11! I am convinced my mother successfully kept it hidden from me!

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
aah..... now I dont feel so bad....
My wife showed me a couple silvers yesterday on my head..... and I am only 30 :eek:
SPF, I have tried wands, things that look like portkeys, broom even once when no one was home, and finally decided that my magical abilities are imaginary only.
Now I am just waiting for my daughter's letter to arrive from Hogwarts....... but since she is only 7 months, I guess I will have to wait.....
:D:D:D
Ahhh - see this is the joy of being bald - you don't get grey hairs!
If I let it grow a little then maybe but right now, only the eyebrows would be able to give it away!
I think I resigned myself to the fact I wont get a letter to attend hogwarts - although I did inform them of my forwarding address when I moved just to be sure!