list of known death eaters

I though it would be a good idea to compile a list of known Death Eaters, and their whereabouts before the break-out of Azkaban (because we have no idea where they are now).

Barty Crouch- Presumed to be dead until rise of Voldemort. Got the dementor's kiss.

Wormtail- alive, with Voldemort.

Lucius Malfoy- alive and quite well.

2 Lestranges- Azkaban.

Macnair- alive, working for MoM slaying dangerous creatures (was going to exicute Buckbeak).

Crabbe- alive

Goyle- alive.

Nott- alive

Antonin Dolohov- Azkaban.

Karkaroff- denounced DEs. On the run.

Snape- in the Order?

Rosier- dead (responsible for the missing chunk of Mad Eye's nose)

Travers- unknown.

Mulciber- unknown.

Rookwood- unknown.

Weasleyfanforever

Time Turners
I thought I would add some names, and a few that have been or were suspected. I also added both Lestrange Brothers and Bellatrix again, because there are technincally 3 Lestranges. Also, All of the DE that were caught in the DoM are presumably in Azkaban, until we hear that they have broken out:

Avery ~ With Voldemort

Ludo Bagman ~ Suspected, cleared by trial

Regulus Black ~ Dead

Rodolpho and Rabastan Lestrange ~ Escaped Azkaban to fight in the DoM, and were presumably sent back.

Bellatrix Black Lestrange ~ Escaped the DoM Fight with Voldemort

Wilkes ~ Killed by Aurors

Jugson ~ Presumably in Azkaban, fought in the DoM in OotP

Tinkerbell

Time Turners
This is a very interesting thread, as I don't think we have gone into this subject very much, the fact that there are obviously DE's out there, but who they are and where they are (probably more importantly) now.

As Wheezy says, those that were caught in the MoM are probably in Azkaban, which is likely where we will see them at the start of HBP, however, what will happen during that book is anyone's guess (well, apart from JKR I suppose....:eek:)

What I am interested in is Barty Jr, although he had been kissed by the Dementors, and is presumably just a shell of a human being, is there any way that his memories can be tapped into, i.e., using a Pensieve, even if he is a bit gagga!

Of course a big problem with predicting their current location is the dementors leaving Azkaban. I am sure Azkaban will be deserted by the beginging of HPB.

WFF- I like putting in the maiden names of the women, it helps a lot.

So how many death eaters do we have in all? And whatever happened to Karkaroff?

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Well we are still short because I am sure Harry tells post the Graveyard there was around 30 DE's present that night ...
Not sure I can add much more to that - because it is looking quiet comprehensive!

Barty Crouch- Presumed to be dead until rise of Voldemort. Got the dementor's kiss.

Macnair- alive, working for MoM slaying dangerous creatures (was going to exicute Buckbeak).

Crabbe- alive

Goyle- alive.

Nott- alive

Snape- in the Order?

Travers- unknown.

Mulciber- unknown.

Rookwood- unknown.

Avery ~ With Voldemort

Regulus Black ~ Dead

Rodolpho and Rabastan Lestrange ~ Escaped Azkaban to fight in the DoM, and were presumably sent back.

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
OK - I have stickied the thread - will repeat the list in case anyone else wants to add details to it ...

Macnair- alive, working for MoM slaying dangerous creatures (was going to execute Buckbeak).

Crabbe- alive

Goyle- alive.

Nott- alive

Snape- in the Order?

Travers- unknown.

Mulciber- unknown.

Rookwood- unknown.

Avery ~ With Voldemort

Regulus Black ~ Dead

Fortescue

Totally Potterfied!
I wonder if we should add Narcissa Malfoy to the list?

From what we were led to believe by Draco in GoF, she was one of the hooded figures at the World Cup. Her sister is a DE, her husband is a DE - she used Kreacher to get information for Voldemort which led to the death of Sirius - she obviously helps the DEs - and JKR said that she will be much more visible in book six now that Malfoy's in Azkaban. Could she already be a DE?

fawn2388

Time Turners
I don't think Snape is in the order because although he still has the mark, he did attempt to protect the Sorceror's stone from Quirell.

Although, she does make Snape a rather 2D charcter, I hope JKR does make Snape's character more a 3 D character in the 7th book, I really do want to know more about him.

Mc Gonagall

Time Turners
I don't think Snape is in the order because although he still has the mark, he did attempt to protect the Sorceror's stone from Quirell.

Although, she does make Snape a rather 2D charcter, I hope JKR does make Snape's character more a 3 D character in the 7th book, I really do want to know more about him.

Yes but he didn't know that Voldemort was sharing Quirells body. I believe he is a death eater.

Padma Patil

Dumbledore's Girl
hmm, I think we need to re-do the list. It is a bit out of date...

Lucius Malfoy- alive and quite well, but in Azkaban

Macnair- alive, working for MoM slaying dangerous creatures (was going to execute Buckbeak).

Crabbe- alive

Goyle- alive.

Nott- alive

Karkaroff- dead, recieved a kiss from dementors

Snape- in the Order? with the DE's at the moment...

Travers- unknown.

Mulciber- alive.

Rookwood- alive.

Avery ~ With Voldemort

Regulus Black ~ Dead

Can anybody think of anything else I missed? I wasn't quite sure who all is in Azkaban since the sixth book. I knew though that Malfoy was.

Arwan

Time Turners
Here are a few more

Alecto and Amycus- Brother and sister

A brutal-faced death eater-alive

Draco Malfoy (Narcissa Malfoy - I believe is only a supporter as she was not at the graveyard)

Massive blonde death eater - Alive referred to alot in HBP

Gibbon -Dead

The Carrows- ( may be Alecto and Amycus as we don't know their last name)

Fenrir - werewolf

Yaxley- status unknwn

including Alz list and this one the break down is as follows

Total 31 (not counting the Carrows)

8 at large
13 imprisioned
7 permanently incapacitated
3 unkownn