Local gatherings on DH release eve....

Are you planning to attend a party on DH release eve?

• Yes, I am a Potter crazy fan. wouldnt miss it for anything

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I may go if some one was to go with me.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Sorry, cant do the late nights.......

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
I was wondering if we can find out where are the book release parties are going to be.
If a current member here is going to a local party, maybe we can meet and share views and have fun at the gethering.

I live in Metro Detroit, Michigan. If some one from the area is planning to attend a gathering, and want to go together, it would be thrilling.

Maybe other area members can also post and find out who is going where.

thanks

CC

I also started a poll. Let us see how many people are attending the eve parties.....

:D

Fortescue

Totally Potterfied!
Well, I voted yes, but that is a little deceiving. I am going to sign up, but not staying for the kiddie activities. When HBP was released I went to the Barnes & Noble release party, and I won some cool things, but I ended up giving them all away to people that I knew and their children. This time I am not going to stress over the crowd, (and all the overly excited children.) I will go at 7:00, (if the line is not too long,) and sign up. You get in line by the color band you get which depends on what time you got in the ****ing line. If the line is too long, I will wait until Saturday morning to get my books.

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Outside Playing Quidditch
Well i picked the last one because in Australia it goes on sale a 9:01am which is 12:01am in England so because our midnight comes first we have to wait until Englands midnight which i dont mind at all but it means we miss out on any midnight parties :( but i am glad that we dont have to wait like the west coast of America, i feel sorry for you guys over there...

halliemei

Time Turners
I'll be at local B&N with DD7 until 9:30-ish, when her daddy will take her home to bed (showing up at 4:00 to get wristband, and coming back around 6:30 for the party). Then, I'll stay and watch the games, etc. Get the book at midnight and go home to read. I'll read until I finish!!!! Yea, me!

I'll be sleeping, patiently waiting for Fed-Ex or UPS to roll up Saturday morning and hand me our books. I'd love to join the festivities, but my wife works evenings and we have a 2 year old, so it just ain't gonna happen.

4evaluvhp

Time Turners
I'm going to be attending the midnight party at Chapters. It's not really for the party but just because it's the only place I can get the book at 12am. As soon as I get the book... im going straight home and reading!

kashlie

afraid of my own shadow
we get the book at 9am, but a friend and i will be at the book shop by 6am...seeing as how it is the middle of winter here, that will be a pretty good effort.

i have decided against wearing my weird sisters t-shirt, but may throw on my travelling cloak for extra warmth.

happy_hannah

Time Turners
i will wake quite early (as in australia i can get the book at 9.01am) at 8ish i will walk about ten stores down to the angus and robertson (living in the city is bliss!) and wait for the book, im not really sure if a huge line will be there, i asked and the woman said to expect one but i think more ordered from borders, the second i get the book i will run back to my apartment and read till i finish. i get a sick feeling in my stomach whenever i realise its so close!

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
I will be at Barnes and Noble around 10:30. My kids (all teens) and my sister will be joining me. I will be wearing my Deathly Hallows T-shirt!

Weasleyfanforever

Time Turners
I totally didn't realize the release was this weekend, so I just cancelled all my plans for the weekend (Some people were not so forgiving when I gave them the reason, but they will have to get over it :p ) and my mom and I are going to the Barnes and Noble about an hour from my home town. I am so excited :D

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to be at a Barnes and Noble in California - well planning to at least!
Dependant on how my wisdom teeth extraction goes tomorrow will be how well I look or how long I will be stood around but I will be there at midnight to get my book - hell or high water!

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
Ohh come off it.....
"Rub some dirt on it" as they would say in good ol' texas. :D
Wisdom tooth or not, book will take the pain away........ :p
good luck mate.

kashlie

afraid of my own shadow
lol, alz! i just had one of my wisdom teeth extracted last sunday. took less than five minutes, and was relatively painless. after about 6 shots though...
i got the stitch out today, so i will be pain free for saturday :D

Luna

Time Turners
Did I do my sums right? Wisdom teeth out on your birthday Alz?! Here's hoping for a quick and painless recovery and hope the rest of the day was fun.

I'm off to our local book store for the midnight release along with my 2 eldest kids and a couple of friends. Hard to tell who's the most excited!! I've also got it ordered from Amazon as a back up plan so I don't miss out on reading it if the eldest tries to get first dibs!

Arwan

Time Turners
I found this info for Toronto

Toronto: Harry Potter Launch
Indigo Books is closing down Bay Street (between Bloor St. and Charles St.) and converting it into Diagon Alley. At 8:00 pm on Friday, July 20th, hop aboard our Hogwarts Express Trackless Train and enter the magical world of Harry Potter.

Main Stage Entertainment
Magic Show
Critters Animal Show
Fire Juggling Show
Children's Musician Jen Gould
Juno Award-Winning Band – The Satellites

The Knight Bus
Our very own Double Decker Bus will be parked right in front of the store. Step inside the wizard bus to create wands, have your face painted, and other crafts, or you can have your palm read by a fortune teller.

Diagon Alley
Take a stroll down Diagon Alley (formerly known as Bay Street) and enjoy activities for all ages, for all muggles, and for all wizards!

The Shrieking Shack – Our very own haunted house, situated in the town of Hogsmeade.
The Hogwarts Inflatable Slide – At the School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, there are a hundred and forty-two staircases that keep moving around – try and keep up!
The Hogwarts Bouncy Castle – Where witches and wizards can train (and bounce) in safety.
The Dueling Challenge – Club started by Professor Lockhart to teach students how to duel with spells. Try and stay on before your opponent falls off.
The Quidditch Basketball Challenge – The wizarding national sport. Our version includes two players and two balls for scoring. You’re the chaser trying to score through one of the hoops.
Gringotts Money Machine – Step into the wizarding bank and grab as many gold Galleons as you can before the time runs out. You may win a prize!
Meet Hedwig the Owl – Harry's owl and mail courier. Harry bought Hedwig from Eeylops' Owl Emporium.
Mad Science Potions Class – For wizards only! Make your very own slime.

I wish I could go to this one but it is about 3 hrs away, I'll be going to Chapters in London, ON, but I have not found any info on what they might be doing.

Padma Patil

Dumbledore's Girl
Wow, lots going on in Toronto...

Alz, all I can say is good luck and carry a bottle of Tylonel.

Kashlie, I could kick you, we are currently in the middle of summer up here and the humidity plus the already repulsive heat is nearly killing us! :rolleyes:

As for me, I am going to The Little Professor Book Store about 45 minutes away from where I live because it is the closest place that will sell it at midnight. My friend and I might hit the library down the street first though for the party there because my aunt and uncle will be supervisors there. However once I have the book, my friend is going to read to me on the drive home and then I am going to lock myself in my bedroom untill I finish reading.... Cheers! :D

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
lol, alz! i just had one of my wisdom teeth extracted last sunday. took less than five minutes, and was relatively painless. after about 6 shots though...
i got the stitch out today, so i will be pain free for saturday :D

Did I do my sums right? Wisdom teeth out on your birthday Alz?! Here's hoping for a quick and painless recovery and hope the rest of the day was fun.

I'm off to our local book store for the midnight release along with my 2 eldest kids and a couple of friends. Hard to tell who's the most excited!! I've also got it ordered from Amazon as a back up plan so I don't miss out on reading it if the eldest tries to get first dibs!
I just posted a teeth update but to sum up - if you see some guy with a massive swollen lip and side of head - speaking English - that will be me, trust me the odds of another are staggering!
I'm hoping I will feel better tommorow after the trauma of today - but as I said before, I will be there at midnight no matter what!

Horntail88

Time Turners
I know there's a midnight party going on at the Barnes & Noble in the Irving Mall, for anyone near D/FW. Personally, I'm being forced to go to a dinner party, but that wouldn't matter because I've got it online pre-ordered and it's being shipped to me.