symbol on u.k childrens cover ,spine

happy_hannah

Time Turners
i added this though to another thread but just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it as i think it will be important

The symbol on the u.k childrens deathly hallows cover, a triangle inside a circle with a line down the middle,
so we have

the whole triangle, the whole circle, two halves of the triangle and two halves of the circle

together this makes six parts, six parts of voldemorts soul perhaps? (discluding the part in himself of course)

now my theory is this symbol is somewhere, in a chamber perhaps and as harry starts to destroy horcrux's it will start to fade away, like a lifeline or something.

notposs

Time Turners
Managed to find a pic of the symbol.

Symbol.jpg

Attachments

• Symbol.jpg
    Symbol.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 5

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
well, the only thing about this representing the parts of Voldemort's soul, and fading away as the Horcruxes are destroyed, is that two of them have already gone, possibly 3. The diary was destroyed, the Ring destroyed, and the locket may have been destroyed already. Even though we see the locket worn by Harry in two of the book covers, it may have been repaired to "bluff" voldemort, giving Harry a wider range of leverage.

Last edited:

notposs

Time Turners
Has anyone noticed the goblin/elf behind Harry (perhaps Kreatcher) with the sword ready to stab him?

secret seeker

The Half Blood Prince
I dont know how you came up with that notposs, for one, how could Kreacher kill his " rightful master "???....
Anyway, I don't think we will understand the icon until we've read the book. There were many theories regarding the ring on H.B.P. ( remember? ) we all guessed but NONE of us were right, so, hey.

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Secret Seeker said:
we all guessed but NONE of us were right, so, hey.
Boy you have that one right! Most of us swore that the basin with the potion and the locket was the pensive. We did however rightly assume the UK adult cover was a book that Harry would use, and thereby also that Harry would be able to either have made a high enough score to take NEWT potions, or that the requirement would change. I can't remember all of our guesses, but most of them were wrong :( Hey Alz! can you bring it back so we can see it again?

I'm sure we may be close on some of our guesses, if not right on something, but . . . for the most part we are probably off!

gbogbo

Time Turners
A friend of mine was wondering whether Hermione's arithmancy skills pertain to the symbol. We're also wondering if it has anything to do with Venus (Triangle) and Mars (Circle) in some sort of opposition (Vertical Line), based on the vague musings of the centaurs.

happy_hannah

Time Turners
hmmm, if that is so where would this symbol be found? somewhere where the centaurs are? it looks to be carved into marble, the only places i know where marble is would be hogwarts or gringotts, or perhaps the ministry of magic. im going crazy with interest

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
The puzzle to unlock the W.O.M.B.A.T. exam on JKR's website (in the Room of Requirement) is to configure this symbol from 3 pieces----a triangle, a circle, and a bar. There must be some signigicance to the symbol.

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
I bet Hermione will recognize it from either ancient runes or arithmancy class. It is always mentioned in the books about how well she does in these classes.

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
I said this in another thread - I think it represents the horcruxes - there are 7 parts to that symbol if you look closely - 6 internal shapes and the triangle surrounding them - just like the 6 horcuxes and the final one being the 'whole' the one the rest protects.
I also just posted about the eye of horux - we had a thread about this and when I saw the symbol it came back to me again ...