The Room of Requirement is Open!!!!!!

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
The Room of Requirement is open on JKR's site. Click on the fly on the window. It transfigures into a key. Drag the key to the door and open it. You find a new W.O.M.B.A.T. test. On top are 3 golden shapes----a triangle, a circle, and a bar----they have to be arranged on top of each other in the configuration of the symbol on the spine of the UK Children's edition of HPDH. I place the circle on the bar first---when I got it right, it "sparkled". Then the circle/bar could be moved together and placed on the triangle (it will sparkle again when you place it correctly). At this point the entire united symbol moved together to the center of the desk and I was able to open the test. I haven't taken the test yet----I couldn't wait to post this thread!

Now.....this should make for some interesting speculation on that symbol~~~~~

Good luck on your tests!!!!

Last edited:

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
This is the 3rd and final part of the W.O.M.B.A.T. test. It says on the introductory page that it is also the most difficult, and that "inspiration as well as information" will be needed. Sounds like fun.....I'll report back after I've taken the test----it says it will take 35 minutes---it is a timed test.

Last edited:

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
Okay.....done. Some very tough questions----some requiring specific historical information, others (many others) requiring speculation----all in all, it actually stressed me a little bit :eek:. Anyway, now the wait begins.

There are a couple of questions and individual answers among the multiple choice that I believe are hints/clues. Read carefully and see if you agree. There's one in particular that raised a red flag for me----it concerns hags being able to perform rudimentary magic........Hmmm.....She said that Petunia is not a witch, but she isn't really a squib, either.......could she be a hag? What a wonderful play on words that would be----Petunia is, in the Muggle vernacular, definitely a hag!

notposs

Time Turners
Iv took the test very tricky its my first WOMBAT. BTW she has stated that petunia will never show any magical ability

Quoting JK Rowling's site

Section: Rumours

Aunt Petunia will start exhibiting magical tendencies

No, she won't. Aunt Petunia has never performed magic, nor will she ever be able to do so.

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
HELP!
I've gone to the site, went into the room and clicked on the fly when it lands on the window, but nothing happens????? am I doing something wrong?

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I made it in finaly! . . . think my puter was just being slow. finished with time left over . . . don't know if that's good or bad:p The only ones I wasn't sure of was the magical history quetions . . . just like Harry and Ron I guess . . . who pays attention to Bins???? This was my first one . . . is there any way to go back and take the first two? I was in the hospital when they first started and missed them.

halliemei

Time Turners
Just took the test. It is harder than the last two and I made O on 1, and E on 2. I'll hope for Pass on this one.

History of Magic was interesting, and very difficult. The only one I'm sure I got right was the one related to the event of the Ministers' reigns -- specifically the last one. :D And, clearly I was asleep during History of Magic.

Dark Arts was the one that REALLY looks like some hints are in there. The True/False were obviously to give us clues.

You know, I should have somehow captured each question and its possible answers. That way we could discuss. I don't remember much.

gbogbo

Time Turners
I was struck by all the questions pertaining to apparating/using portkeys/sending owls to other countries and the other questions about international wizardry. Is this portending Hermione's need contact Durmstrang :)

horcruxfinder

Time Turners
I also noticed the international focus. I'm with you...I think this may be an indicator tat Hermione will go to visit Viktor. What a great way to build our interest. As if it needed building. I spent the last 5 days reading every post in the very long "HIAH" debate thread. It was an amazing experience. I think Alz has me convinced. My kids are devastated. Can't wait to get my wombat results. Oh, I feel like a kid again.

happy_hannah

Time Turners
i really liked the historical question, where you pick three that have been proven true, although i didnt pick it i thought the idea that salazar made up with the founders and came back to hogwarts to die was pretty interesting, the only Q's i know i got right were how to defeat certain things, dementors, devil's snare etc. sigh, ive only done one W.O.M.B.A.T before and i cant remember how i did, not very well i guess! How about all those questions about what is best for the magical community and what is damaging? The questions seem to be a hint about what is to come especially all that international wizard talk, hmmmm...very interesting

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
WOW.....
I cant get in....
from her website, I click on that pink eraser (?) and then click on that fly (my fingers are hurting now by the amount of clicks) but nothing happens, I tried to drag, click and all the jazz........
maybe my bad luck?????
:(

Luna

Time Turners
Sorry CC, must be your bad luck. I've just taken the test. I clicked once on the fly, it changed directly to a key which I dragged to the lock. Took a few attempts at putting the symbol together but then I was away......

It was really hard. Too much guesswork went on for the first half of the test but I liked the last section. It will be fun to find out the answers and speculate on whether they'll be used in DH.

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
It was hard wasn't it?

The DADA questions were pretty easy though. All the MOM stuff was difficult as well as the history stuff. I was sleeping on Binns classroom again I guess!

Mr_Bandman

Time Turners
BTW she has stated that petunia will never show any magical ability

Quoting JK Rowling's site

Section: Rumours

Aunt Petunia will start exhibiting magical tendencies

No, she won't. Aunt Petunia has never performed magic, nor will she ever be able to do so.

If the multiple choice answer about hags posessing rudimentary magical abilities is the one that is false, that could be an even more direct clue to Petunia. JKR also said that there is more to Petunia than meets the eye, and that she wasn't a witch but she wasn't a squib either.

Sir Cadogan

Noble Heart, Steely Sinew
Any idea when we will get our "marks"? I also took the test, and whenever I click on the "Wombat" sign on the desk, enter my Student ID, I get to the two empty shelves and the clock which hasn't even turned to "Your paper is being marked" (or whatever the first section is).
Have I overlooked any hints as to when the marks will arrive? - No, I'm not quite as impatient as Hermione, but ... ;-)

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I'm with you there Sir Cadogan! I looked this morning and mine was the same as yours, straight up. OF course took me forever to get in there. Entering the code correctly may be a test in itself! Kept getting the caps and lower case wrong, and wasn't sure whether the "0"s were a capital "O" or a zero. Finaly got there though . . . just to find out nothing!:rolleyes: Marchbanks must be busy!