When will you stop . . .?

halliemei

Time Turners
checking out the internet?

I realized today that I'm starting to get really excited about DH this Friday night -- so much so that I asked the B&N guy when the wristbands would be started so I could get there very early. He said 5:00, but I will go by there again Thursday and ask then plan to be there shortly after 4:00.

But, that said, someone asked me what I would do if someone jumped to the end and gave it away in the bookstore -- which is the reason I'm paranoid and want the earliest possible number. That just made me realize that I really do want to read this properly (unlike HBP because I jumped to the end to be sure Ron lived). Anywhooooo ---- when will you stop reading the internet this week to be sure you don't accidentally see a spoiler? And, will you read it all through before you get back on? Just curious.

For me -- I think Wednesday will be the last of me on here. I plan to come here and post my predictions Monday or Tuesday to put them "in writing", but after that I'll be staying away. I can't WAIT to discuss how it turns out with you guys. :D

Hoggy Warty Hogwarts

Outside Playing Quidditch
Well for me i will keep coming online till Friday and that will be the last time till im finished the book but only because i know that no1 on here will spoil it for any1 else and i know that if there was something on here that may have spoilers in it then i will be forwarned and will be able to choose if i want to read it or not and i dont really go on anything else much on here anyway so anything online i probably wouldnt see.. so that said i cant wait to discuss everything on here afterwards either...:D

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
I'm with you HWH . . . I will be on here early Friday (Don't forget, those darn Brits will have a 5 hour jump on east coast US readers, and 8 hours on the West coast readers) I won't be back on till I'm done reading and digesting . . . sadly that takes longer for me since I have kids around I have to keep up with. I too will post my final predictions . . . can't wait to see how we did!

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
I am so paranoid about reading something now ...
Thing is - book stores get the books earlier - and in past years employee's are allowed to read the books before the release ... then of course you have the people chatting in lines that could have read something before they go pick up their books.
Sadly, I am now West Coast US - this means I will be one of the last to get hold of the book - and as described above, it will mean people in other parts of the world will be well into reading it by the time I get to mine.
I am guessing I will go into internet/Potter hibernation late this coming week - but I also need to be around of any issues and problems ... checking emails etc - so I am worried, to come all the way down to the end and to have someone spoil it for me right at the end would be a real horror!

All the same, I will make sure the lights are kept on until the last moment - once I have my book I wont be back until I have read it - so if the lights go out - I will have to take care once I am back!

Excited much yet? ;)

This reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer comes out of Empire Strikes Back and proclaims that Vader was Luke's father.. Which is exactly why I've had our 2 copies pre-ordered on Amazon since the first day it was possible (6 months I think..) There will be no lines and no jerks trying to ruin it for me. Saturday morning at about 10:00, Fed-Ex will roll up with our copies and, that'll be that.

As for reading the web, that's getting dangerous. My wife found the chapter titles, (which are VERY interesting, paticularly the one about....... nevermind ;) )and even part of chapter 1.. I told her I'd divorce her if she found a full spoiler.. I don't mind if she finds the full book, I'll happily read a sneak scan of the book (I've already paid for my copy, I can do that legally you know..) but I don't want to see some loser proclaiming how it ends, who dies, etc... I know I can read here, because Alz will be all over anyone daring to post a spoiler, but other message boards I go to, non-HP boards I mean, will be a bit less understanding about guarding against such terrorism.. So, I don't think I'll be very active on the web until I finish the book. Of course, I only forsee that taking me about 10 hours the first time through.. I read too fast when I'm excited about the subject =(

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Vold E. Mort said:
As for reading the web, that's getting dangerous. My wife found the chapter titles, (which are VERY interesting, paticularly the one about....... nevermind ;) )
You sir are cruel! JKR gave us some chapter titles last time to speculate on but none this time . . . guess they may be too leading this time . . .

One of them has me very worried, and several are completely out of left field.. The others arern't unexpected, and one of them follows something I've suspected. If you want to know what I've read (and seen scans of), shoot me a PM and I'll tell you.

Seeker615

Ghosthunter
i found the chapter titles this morning. Very interesting. One realy intrigues me.

I will keep on the sites until Friday afternoon. Than I am locked away until I finish the book.

horcruxfinder

Time Turners
well...now I have to go and look for the chapter titles. How is this stuff leaked? Do we really believe these titles?

I am completely paranoid but will continue to sign on to check on how you all are doing until friday. Like Alz, I am in CA and will be one of the last to get my book. I have agreed with my son that we will lock ourselves away together and do a big read. Daughter will be visiting friends in Indiana and she will do same. I assume you all will sign back on when you are done with your respective reads???

Piper

Time Turners
Vold,
Are you sure that amazon will send them FexEx? I preordered too, but I am worried that I won't get mine on Saturday since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday. I am probably just paranoid because, well I am a paranoid person. Amazon hasn't sent me anything saying the book has shipped yet.

happy_hannah

Time Turners
since OOTP i have gotten the book and read it before going back to school or talking to anyone. But with OOTP after reading it i went to school and witnessed a friend beind told that sirius dies! the look on her face was tragic and i felt so sorry for her, i remember having a good talking to the person that did it, i cant understand the mentality behind spoiling something like this for someone, im sure everyone might feel the same way outisde the bookstore with everyone tight-lipped. i plan on getting my book and running back to my room.
as for the question i never read spoilers anyway so i would just avoid them

well...now I have to go and look for the chapter titles. How is this stuff leaked? Do we really believe these titles?

Well, I'm not sure HOW, but I know it's legit.. Why do I know? Because my wife sat up all night long reading the book. Yes, the entire book is already on the web. I'll be starting my read when I get home from work tonight.. woooohoooo! (and yes, such a thing IS legal if you've bought a copy of the book. I have, 2 in fact...) She told me she got through more than half the book, and there was a good guy death already. She came to me in the middle of the night quite upset about it, so I'm very worried about who it was.. I don't know who, so don't ask and don't fear me posting a spoiler about it. I know better.

Vold,
Are you sure that amazon will send them FexEx? I preordered too, but I am worried that I won't get mine on Saturday since UPS doesn't deliver on Saturday. I am probably just paranoid because, well I am a paranoid person. Amazon hasn't sent me anything saying the book has shipped yet.

UPS does deliver on Saturday. It's an upcharge, but yes they do. Fed-Ex delivers on Saturday as a regular day. They don't deliver on Monday though. Their work week is Tuesday through Saturday. According to the email Amazon sent me, by paying for standard shipping (not express or overnight) they guarantee delivery on the 21st. That tells me (due to the lack of a $20+ upcharge) that it's going Fed-Ex 2 day and leaving on Thursday.

Sirius Potter Fan

Night Patroll
Well, guys I'm going to post my final "prophecies" in the other thread, and be done with it till I've read the book, I've already seen a spoiler that had no warning, not a hugely bad one, but nonetheless I want to read it all for myself.

I hope everyone enjoys the parties and the books, and I'll see you back here in a few days!

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
Well, even if someone tells me who dies, and who survives, or what are the chapters, and some details, I will be OK.
I love the storytelling of JKR. and no one can take that away from me. Spoilers or no spoilers, the final book will do the same for me.
So I am here all the way until I get my hands on the book.......

:D:D

VORT! Saying that someone good dies before halfway is a SPOILER! LOL
Not really, because JKR has said there ARE deaths, and lots of them.. I didn't say who, or how, or where, or who does the deed. I don't even know that myself yet, though I'm getting pretty close now ;) I'm a few chapters in, and so far, I'm loving it. So wonderful to see brand new words to the story I love so much.. But I won't say anything about what happens until after the 21st.

Oh and to the person signing off because they saw a chapter title, I apologize if it was my post you saw.. But I ask you, what is the very first thing you'll read once you have the book in your hands? The table of contents, if you are like most everyone else. I don't see giving chapter titles away as a huge spoiler.

Piper

Time Turners
I didn't read HBP until it had been out for a couple of weeks, so I am not too worried either really. Of course I want this one on the release date. I am kind of tempted to find it online, but then I am the kind of gal that doesn't peak at Christmas Presents, and waits until Christmas Morning so I probably won't.