When will you stop . . .?

Morfin Gaunt

dumbledores army
ill probably stop coming on here by the end of today,.

the thing is i do still have 2 days left of work this week. what will i do with my self.
and any one who suggests 'working' isnt funny, lol :D,

Piper

Time Turners
I am 'lucky' in that I have a messed up swimming pool to distract me lol. I keep having to go to pool forums. From what I have read, the versions available online are just like where someone has taken a picture of the pages and is hard to read anyway, and I am too afraid of getting a virus or some other such thing trying to do a download. I got to clicking around and a page in the middle of the book came up and I closed that right quick because I sure don't want to read a page in the middle. ACK

(I never said that I didn't shake the Christmas Presents a little ;)

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
My friend just got nailed. He received a email attachment from his fan gathering place, and it had all the spoilers and all that jazz. He even received who does what in what chapter.

I scolded him and asked why he read it once he knew what it was. He says he just couldnt resist, and now he regrets it. :D

I may block his email Id and phone until I am through the book now.....

I am 'lucky' in that I have a messed up swimming pool to distract me lol. I keep having to go to pool forums. From what I have read, the versions available online are just like where someone has taken a picture of the pages and is hard to read anyway, and I am too afraid of getting a virus or some other such thing trying to do a download. I got to clicking around and a page in the middle of the book came up and I closed that right quick because I sure don't want to read a page in the middle. ACK

(I never said that I didn't shake the Christmas Presents a little ;)
That's exactly what it is, and it is indeed difficult to read. Worth it though, so very worth it. I'm up to chapter 9 already, and it's fantastic.

horcruxfinder

Time Turners
I am so out of the loop on these things. I can't figure out how to find them. Well, I guess that is a form of protection. I will be at B&N in Berkeley at midnight. I don't know when they are starting to hand out the bracelets but I thought I would go at 4 and get one and then come back. I have a back up plan...in case I fall asleep as I am old. I am having the book delivered as well by Amazon. I think Amazon guaranteed deliver on saturday.

Piper

Time Turners
Vort, if I don't get my book on Saturday, I am going to be after you for a link to this LOL. My luck, it won't come, and every store in my area will be sold out of it, it will be just like the Nintendo Wii that we still cannot manage to find!!!

Caged, there is always the chance that your friend got an email full of lies.... there is that consolation I guess.

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Not really, because JKR has said there ARE deaths, and lots of them.. I didn't say who, or how, or where, or who does the deed. I don't even know that myself yet, though I'm getting pretty close now ;) I'm a few chapters in, and so far, I'm loving it. So wonderful to see brand new words to the story I love so much.. But I won't say anything about what happens until after the 21st.

Oh and to the person signing off because they saw a chapter title, I apologize if it was my post you saw.. But I ask you, what is the very first thing you'll read once you have the book in your hands? The table of contents, if you are like most everyone else. I don't see giving chapter titles away as a huge spoiler.
OK - enough ...
If you have a Bloomsbury version of the books - YOU DO NOT SEE THE CHAPTER LISTS like you do in the US versions - as such, it is not acceptable to even post chapter titles ...

Wanna know what pissed me off?
It became quickly apparent that there had been a leak, so I visited Google to get some details on the leak - they have this thing where it groups news stories ... so I go to read the news stories and there was one from Oz ... so I read about how maybe the chapters have been leaked and can you believe it - they only went ahead and listed 4 of them in the article ...
So, there was a spoiler hidden in a damn news story slamming the leaking!
One of them hit me hard - I am not going to add details of what it was or where it was but all I can say is - all these years I have been arguing about something - long before HiaH and maybe, just maybe I might have been onto something!

Anyways - Vold - I edited out your thread where you went ahead and named the exact same damn chapter - soz mate but that is a spoiler and luckily I came across it somewhere else before seeing it here.

I know you are reading the book - but please do not post any other details on the book, possible locations of deaths or any other inferences - some of us want to enjoy every last second of the book with no clue ... I have lost some of that now and I really dont want someone else to loose free will on how they get to enjoy the end of the series ...

Thanks Vold

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
Caged, there is always the chance that your friend got an email full of lies.... there is that consolation I guess.

Well, thats the hope. But the problem is not with the legitimacy. The problem is, now he is going to think that he knows the whole thing. I can handle things like that, because I love the books and read them for passion. Suspense or not, I will enjoy the book. But my friend seems to be really down. He wanted to have that suspense till book ends.

Luna

Time Turners
Well, I’m about to log off now until after I’ve read the book. I haven’t looked at any other sites other than this one for the last couple of weeks as I am determined not to see any spoilers and I trust the members here. I’m feeling a mix of emotions – desperate to read the book but I really don’t want it to end. I know there will be deaths but still don’t feel prepared for them, I’ve still not recovered from Sirius!

I plan to lock myself away as much as possible over the weekend – could be a challenge with 4 kids always trying to search me out! – and then come back online once I’ve read it.

Looking forward to a post book analysis and congratulations on who got what right on the prediction front.:)

OK - enough ...
I have lost some of that now and I really dont want someone else to loose free will on how they get to enjoy the end of the series ...

Thanks Vold

1 - I apologize for posting that chapter title. Despite the fact that it's the very first thing you will read when you open the book, I apologize for tainting your DH experience..

2 - You're being a bit overly-dramatic. :rolleyes:

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Did you actually take any time to read what I posted?
Because if you did - you would have seen that as a Bloomsbury reader for all the series - THEY DONT HAVE CHAPTER TITLES IN THE BOOK AT THE START - so your argument isnt just pedantic but is also rude.
Let's not get into a peeing contest again here ok - we are coming to the end of the series and we all want to get it our own way - you chose yours, I chose mine - lets leave it like that.
Respect mate and happy reading ... can give you a hug if you want ;o)

cagedcactus

Sherbet Lemon
Darn New Yorkers..........
a whole bunch of em got the real books already.........
My friend who works downtown has one and reading it.........
I told him, dont call me....... if he messed it up, I will AK him...... unforgivable or not.... :mad: