Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A spell that Harry has cast

• Something else (please specify!!)

• Total voters

Tinkerbell

Time Turners
We have now all seen the proposed covers for HBP. On the British covers we see Dumbledore and Harry surrounded by fire - where is this coming from?

I voted for flames from Voldemort - whether this is from his wand, or from something he has created I couldn't guess, but definitely from Voldemort! I think we are building up to a much bigger battle and, I guess, higher rate of deaths, but that we will certainly get some form of conflict with the Dark Lord in HBP.

Nagini

Time Turners
For those who haven't yet seen it, here is the link to Bloomsbury here.

I think or it looks to me anyway that Harry and Dumbledore could be travel by Phoenix. By that I mean when Dumbledore disapeared in a flash of flames in his office in OoTP, I think it would have looked something like that on the journey to where he was going and the flames on this picture are similar to the Phoenix flames on the cover of the British kids version of OoTP. So that is what I voted for. :D

Boing

Pops in randomly
I voted for a spell that Dumbledore has cast as it looks like a bright light is coming from his wand that matches the flame color. Also, Dumbledore is so closely associated with Phoenixes and Phoenix fire that I think it is him.

It looks to be some sort of protective spell around Harry and Dumbledore - perhaps fighting against Voldemort . . .

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
I am gonna go a partial on Boing and point towards fawkes ...
The fire and flames aspect just made me instantly think of Phoenix and fire - and given all the Phoenix references we have seen - I am assuming that Dumbledore didnt call it the OoTP for no reason - and he is able to harness the powers of a Phoenix - ergo the fire!

Weasleyfanforever

Time Turners
I am gonna say that it is a spell that Dumbledore cast, probably a protective one from Harry and Dumbledore's stance, and the looks on their faces. I like the idea that Dumbledore can harness the power of the phoenix as well...

Fortescue

Totally Potterfied!
It looks like the fire is coming from Dumbledore's wand, and he looks rather frightened. The flames encirle both of them and it reminds me of the fire spell Dumbledore shot at Voldemort in the Ministry of Magic in OotP. The thin flame rapped around Voldemort and his shield, and Voldemort turned the flame into a snake.

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations to Boing, Fortescue, Weasleyfanforever!
Yep - you all predicted right - it was Dumbledore ... *shudder* I still remember the lake ... :(