Will Wormtail willing fulfil his debt to Harry?

Will Wormtail willingly help Harry?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nagini

Time Turners
Wormtail tol fulfil his debt to Harry?

Harry saved Wormtail - real name Peter Pettigrew's life and that in turn helped him to escape to get back to Voldemort. Will Pettigrew fulfil his debt to Harry by willingly helping him and ultimately betraying Voldemort?

Evidence or Support?

Dumbledore stated that Wormtail is now in Harry's debt and Voldemort may well be unaware of this debt or may not have foreseen that it will have issues. Wormtail rarely shows courage but was in Gryffindor so he must have courage in him somewhere - will this come through when it matters?

Tinkerbell

Time Turners
Voted:

No

Reasoning:

Although I think that Wormtail is all too aware of his debt to Harry, I really don't think he will repay this willingly. Whether or not he is forced to do this by Voldemort in order to try and get at Harry, or in some other way, I am not too sure, but I am sure that he won't do it willingly!!

Alz

Administrator
Staff member
Voted:

Yes!

Reasoning:

A life debt is a powerful magic - I am not sure even Pettigrew or Voldemort can stop Peter being called into repaying it!
That debt will lead to Peter's death - I think it will be at Voldemort's hands as he steps in to protect Harry ...

Weasleyfanforever

Time Turners
Voted:

No

Reasoning:

While life debt is powerful magic, and it has to be repaid, I don't think it will be willingly at all. Pettigrew showed his bravery, by spying and betraying his friends. It took a lot of guts to remain among them knowing that he could be caught at any time, that is bravery, although not in common form.

kashlie

afraid of my own shadow
Voted:

No

Reasoning:

Wormtail will help Harry, but not willingly. The force of the debt will be too strong to ignore. I feel that it will be a very last minute thing, where Wormtail steps in, or even secretly helps Harry when his life is in danger.

Fortescue

Totally Potterfied!
Voted:

Yes

Reasoning:

I think Wormtail is not really evil, just a victim of his own unimportance. He is definitely a follower, and he did help revive Voldemort, but I think when he faced Harry in the graveyard, you could see the disgust he had in himself. He couldn't even look Harry in the eye. I think he will realize that death will be better then serving Voldemort and he will do his final bit, not only to repay Harry, but in some small way, to repay James and Lily as well. I believe he will even verbally appologize to Harry before he dies.

Boing

Pops in randomly
Voted: Yes

Reasoning:

I think that Wormtail might get sick and tired of constantly being harrassed and demeaned by Voldemort and, toward the end, he might realize that Harry has a good chance of winning. Or, conversely, he might see that Harry has a good chance of losing and starts to feel guilty because in his eyes, he has ruined Harry's life. He might get a crisis of conscience and feel he needs to do something right for once and give Harry information or help him out in some way.

Tonks

Unspeakable
Voted:

Yes

Reasoning:

I think that Wormtail will remember this life debt in the last hour when it comes to make the choice between actually doing something to kill Harry, or to cause the downfall of Voldemort, and so I think that he will choose to help Harry.. willingly.. ;)

Snuffles

the keepr of the Veil
Voted:
No.

Reason:

Yes, I think if Pettigrew is a person and has some kind of conscience, he would repay for Harry saving his life. But.. willingly? That squirmy little mole of a wizard? As Sirius said, he finds who's the biggest bully in the playground and sticks up to hiim, and as far as Wormtail's concerned, Voldemort's more powerful than Harry.

So... willingly help Harry? Don't think so..